190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

On 16/06/2017 at 20:25, Yikes2017 said:

Oh dear. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The borders website now says 75% of 190 apps processed within 7 months and 90% processed within 13 months... :arghh:https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-

Since I lodged in Feb it's gone from 3 months to 4 months to 5 months back to 4 months and now 7 months - there are no words!

I've been looking into the financial year/ migration plan info and am hoping and praying that this is the reason for the slow down and that we'll all be receiving our much wanted grants in July/ August.

Omg. The processing times just keep going up and up.

So frustrating.

I've been waiting since early Feb and have had no contact from a CO at all. I'm convinced they've lost our application ??

Let's all hope that the delay is indeed linked to end of year. Stuff. A Visa Agent in a forum I'm in said there are quotas for skilled visas & quotas for specific occupations. So at this time of year, there are likely to be many more visas granted. Things should start moving again in July.......she said ??

Edited by mdonna1975

Oh dear. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The borders website now says 75% of 190 apps processed within 7 months and 90% processed within 13 months... :arghh:https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/190-
Since I lodged in Feb it's gone from 3 months to 4 months to 5 months back to 4 months and now 7 months - there are no words!
I've been looking into the financial year/ migration plan info and am hoping and praying that this is the reason for the slow down and that we'll all be receiving our much wanted grants in July/ August.

Oh my!!! This is so depressing!! I really hope it's only because it's end of year..... I really don't want to spend another winter in this country!! Fingers crossed that we all start to get news soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

maybe, things will move ahead now as we are approaching July ... I'm hoping  :D    Lets track our grants in the table below.....please add your details

Name Visa lodged Date Last Updated Date Grant Date
Nelly 31-Mar-17 19-Apr-17  

8 hours ago, Nelly said:

maybe, things will move ahead now as we are approaching July ... I'm hoping  :D    Lets track our grants in the table below.....please add your details

Hi Nelly,

This is a good idea because I keep going backwards and forwards trying to work out when people lodged and how long they've been waiting compared to me! So a table is a good plan.

Yikes 01-Feb-17 24-Mar-17  

• Like 1

Name   Visa lodged Date       Last Updated Date       Grant Date
Nelly              31-Mar-17                19-Apr-17  
Yikes              01-Feb-17                24-Mar-17  

Simons                 20-Mar-17

mdonna1975.       04-Feb-17.                 21-June-17         

• Like 1

Thanks Guys... for sharing the dates -  I'm trying to add some missed rows in the below snapshot...  hope the formatting doesn't go for a toss..:/   Waiting to see the 'Grant Dates' added... !!     :jiggy:

Name          Visa lodged              Last Updated       Grant Date
Nelly              31-Mar-17                19-Apr-17  
Yikes              01-Feb-17                24-Mar-17  

Simons                 20-Mar-17

mdonna1975.       04-Feb-17.                 21-June-17   

marwan                 08-Mar-17                  07-Apr-17

Edited by Nelly

On 03/06/2017 at 00:37, Dragonflygecko said:

Stay in there guys. I have to admit it was the most painful wait ever. 13 weeks & 2 days from lodging but finally when it came through I almost died. I'm still in shock and don't know what to do with myself now, we have to wait 3 months to go due to work but when it comes honestly there's no better feeling. Be aware everything has slowed down as skilled migration quotas are near max. Wishing all of you a grant email next week ???

Amazing news Hun! So pleased for you! 

We lodged our visa on march 27th with 65 points for a 189 and 70 points for a 190 NSW, management accountant! Since then now have 75 points for 189 and 80 points for 190 due to my hubbie sitting the PTE academic and getting superior English, so we're hopeful get an invite this summer! Goodluck to everyone else waiting !! Any other accountants on here? . 

• Like 1

Hi guys, just wanna hear you guys' opinion for my case. 

I applied for 190 with ACT invitation which is only open for Canberra residents and onshore applicants.

I finished my bachelor degree in ACT so I could get my invite relatively easily, and submitted the application for PR on 5th Jun with all front-loaded docs including PCC and medical.

However, I need to go and stay in my country for 6 months from Sep.. I have been hoping to get direct granted as I uploaded all required docs but when considering the speed of work of DIBP, it seems it is not easy to get a good news in my ideal time frame. 

So I am about to book a flight to my country departing in mid Aug as I have to be in there by Sep anyway regardless of PR (I intend to come back before Mar 2018). 

Do you think would that affect on my visa processing? 

Personally I guess this visa stream is mainly for offshore applicants so it doesnt matter wherever I stay and wait for grant.

Please share your info or experience if you or someone around you went through same situation. 

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Simons said:

It's here, finally visa is here so happy. Champagne all round, can't belive it.  Well that's how it went in my dream last night, please please please hurry up.?

:D You had me fooled for a second!

It's hard to believe but one day this scenario will actually happen!

7 hours ago, Simons said:

It's here, finally visa is here so happy. Champagne all round, can't belive it.  Well that's how it went in my dream last night, please please please hurry up.?

The dream will soon be a reality!  ☺

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 06:30, Cowact said:

Hi guys, just wanna hear you guys' opinion for my case. 

I applied for 190 with ACT invitation which is only open for Canberra residents and onshore applicants.

I finished my bachelor degree in ACT so I could get my invite relatively easily, and submitted the application for PR on 5th Jun with all front-loaded docs including PCC and medical.

However, I need to go and stay in my country for 6 months from Sep.. I have been hoping to get direct granted as I uploaded all required docs but when considering the speed of work of DIBP, it seems it is not easy to get a good news in my ideal time frame. 

So I am about to book a flight to my country departing in mid Aug as I have to be in there by Sep anyway regardless of PR (I intend to come back before Mar 2018). 

Do you think would that affect on my visa processing? 

Personally I guess this visa stream is mainly for offshore applicants so it doesnt matter wherever I stay and wait for grant.

Please share your info or experience if you or someone around you went through same situation. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cowact,

So, are you a temporary resident in Australia at the moment?

I think an agent would be best placed to advise on this to be honest. I would tend to agree with you that it probably doesn't matter where you wait for your visa to be granted but I could be completely wrong! Best to ask an expert if you're concerned

Hi All,

After a few weeks of not expecting a grant, I thought that from 1st July they would be flooding in. However, there has been none. I know it's only been 2 working days but still.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.
  • Like 1

It's a nightmare. We have now been waiting 22 weeks. I had calmed down during June because I'd accepted the fact that it wasn't going to happen before the new financial year but I too was expecting everything to start moving at the start of this week and now I'm back to feeling anxious and constantly on edge about it all day and night. It's been a terrible year so far because I've done nothing but wait and moan and feel anxious! I now have this awful thought that it could come anytime this year.... or  next year if I'm really unlucky! I dreamt a couple of nights ago that out app was rejected! The whole thing is sending me potty! 

@Yikes2017 At least you know that there is many of us in the same boat. I am experiencing many of the same emotions as you. June was time to just put it to the back of the mind, but now July is here, its back to anxiety and worry! You never know, it might come tomorrow!!

Hello everyone..... I just checked and it shows a visa granted on 3rd July (for 190) and on 4th July (for 189).. :rolleyes:   seems like things are beginning to move. Oh God please!  I hope we all hear good news soon!!      

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.