190 Visas Lodged - March/April 2017 batch

Nelly

On 8/18/2017 at 03:00, Yikes2017 said:

I've done a bit of reading on this (borders website) and it seems to be all to do with each state filling their places and in order of which occupations they need the most. Aus allocate about 28,000 places to state nominated visas and each state fill them in priority order according to what they need most - not necessarily date order. @Pete_Solihull which state have you applied to? It may be that Adelaide need your occupation more than other states hence the reason why someone else with the same occ has been granted first? If you've applied to Adelaide too however, then that's that theory out!

That makes  lot of sense then! There's 3 applicants in front of me who have yet been granted a visa and there's another 3 behind me still. All of us are invited by NSW. I reckon they'll have to be granted first before I get it and I still need to factor in the others! :eek:

If that's the theory, I am guessing I really have to wait out till next yr before I get my grant :sad:.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.

Hi Everyone, hope it's ok to join this forum.  Recently submitted 190 EOI so I'm at the start of the process.  How long is it usually to hear anything?   Please can I ask does anyone know when the NSW priority skills list will be released for 2017/2018 thanks ?

• Like 2

Hi guys i just got CO contact saying they want my most recent payslips (3 months} . They also said i fill in a form called Form 1399, does any1 kno what this form is about and if it means grant is near?

VISA lodged 3 june  , nsw, electrician

On 8/17/2017 at 12:06, Paul7 said:

My God has answered my prayers!!! Got a grant today morning. Thank you so much guys for ur support.

CODE: 139914

VISA LODGED: 19/04/2017

CO Contacted: 02/05/17 and 16/06/17

GRANT: 17/08/17

Congratulations Paul !!  :D     I can just imagine the relief and joy you must be feeling...  wish you all the best with next steps and the move to Aus! Hope you continue to post in this forum from the other side.

3 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

Processing times have increased again. 75% in 11 months,  90% in 15 months

This is so scary and frustrating!!!!!!!     Sometimes I feel, I'm going to stop thinking about it all together....   but it's really hard   :|

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nelly said:

This is so scary and frustrating!!!!!!!     Sometimes I feel, I'm going to stop thinking about it all together....   but it's really hard   :|

Know how you feel, we are thinking just knocking it on the head, then thinking no wait it out, then shall we jus carry on normal sell house buy new one here. Just stuck in limbo.

4 hours ago, Nelly said:

My husband keeps telling me to stop thinking about it but I've stopped working now, we've sold our house, moved into temp accommodation and it's the only thing on my mind day in and day out! He's still working 50-60 hours a week so easier for him to take his mind off things! I'll have to do some temping/ volunteering or something i think coz i'll go out of my mind with the prospect of waiting 4 - 8 months more!

Edited by Yikes2017

6 hours ago, Andii12 said:

Hi Everyone, hope it's ok to join this forum.  Recently submitted 190 EOI so I'm at the start of the process.  How long is it usually to hear anything?   Please can I ask does anyone know when the NSW priority skills list will be released for 2017/2018 thanks ?

It's usually not long to receive an invitation. Ours was 24 hours! Some others are a few weeks. The real waiting starts once the visa app has been submitted!

19 hours ago, Liz Nguyen said:

Great news, Paul7. 

As we are all so fed up with all this wait, perhaps it is good to have something more relaxing. I have been living in Melbourne for nearly 7 years so if anyone goes to Melbourne and would like to chat about school, accommodation, etc. I am happy to help.

Perfect! That's where i'm heading so any info on suburbs, good schools, things to do for families would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

42 minutes ago, Yikes2017 said:

It's usually not long to receive an invitation. Ours was 24 hours! Some others are a few weeks. The real waiting starts once the visa app has been submitted!

Wow 24 hours!! That's amazing!! Thanks for you reply ? We hopefully hear something soon!! the waiting is awful!! I've completed skills assess, ielts etc etc and that was quite a task and a wait but all done now thankfully!! So just waiting and praying for an quick invite time and then can get the visa process finally underway!!! ?

• Like 1

Hi,

Waiting times going the wrong way, we applied in March with medicals etc in by 20 April, so were expecting an outcome around now. Checked 2 days ago and it said 9 to 13 months, today showing 11 to 15 months!

Applied for 190 (high points/234212) through South Australia

Name         Visa lodged             Last Updated      Grant Date

Nelly             31-Mar-17               19-Apr-17 

Yikes             01-Feb-17               24-Mar-17 

Simons                 20-Mar-17

mdonna1975.       04-Feb-17.                 21-June-17   

marwan                 08-Mar-17                  07-Apr-17

Monks                       19-May-17               04-Aug-17

Charlieesta              14-Mar-17       20-Apr-17

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Simons said:

Know how you feel, we are thinking just knocking it on the head, then thinking no wait it out, then shall we jus carry on normal sell house buy new one here. Just stuck in limbo.

True...it's not a nice feeling.... to be stuck. Every decision of ours  too, small and big seems to be hanging cause we are just waiting to cross this step. So much seems to depend on it and the timing is just all over the place  :o

19 hours ago, Yikes2017 said:

My husband keeps telling me to stop thinking about it but I've stopped working now, we've sold our house, moved into temp accommodation and it's the only thing on my mind day in and day out! He's still working 50-60 hours a week so easier for him to take his mind off things! I'll have to do some temping/ volunteering or something i think coz i'll go out of my mind with the prospect of waiting 4 - 8 months more!

I know how you feel. Not having any idea on the dates is tricky and very uncomfortable. I thought the grants would come in by June and we arranged for a lot of our stuff here to be sold... but couldn't finalize any date with the buyer. It's all just up in the air.  I'm getting so tired of checking my email everyday..multiple times!    :S   I wish DIBP would provide some concrete information in terms of dates and processing timeline for specific set of applications. Atleast then, it would help us with certain decisions on this side.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nelly said:

True...it's not a nice feeling.... to be stuck. Every decision of ours  too, small and big seems to be hanging cause we are just waiting to cross this step. So much seems to depend on it and the timing is just all over the place  :o

We are thinking now carry on as normal, could be after Christmas till get visa. Just gonna keep saving, if and when get visa activate it then can plan properly what to do and when to leave. Because if after Christmas it's going to be a mega rush to get every thing sorted, so it's on the back burner now. What will be will be.

4 minutes ago, Simons said:

We are thinking now carry on as normal, could be after Christmas till get visa. Just gonna keep saving, if and when get visa activate it then can plan properly what to do and when to leave. Because if after Christmas it's going to be a mega rush to get every thing sorted, so it's on the back burner now. What will be will be.

hmmm...  seems like a good plan. But I'm just worried about the duration they give before which we need to make the first entry. We were hoping to avoid an additional activation trip and save on expenses and just move once and for all. Anyways... it's hard to estimate how it's all going to turn out. I guess ..best to carry on as normal and keep ourselves busy. What will be will be :) 

16 hours ago, Charlieesta said:

Hi,

Waiting times going the wrong way, we applied in March with medicals etc in by 20 April, so were expecting an outcome around now. Checked 2 days ago and it said 9 to 13 months, today showing 11 to 15 months!

Applied for 190 (high points/234212) through South Australia

Name         Visa lodged             Last Updated      Grant Date

Nelly             31-Mar-17               19-Apr-17 

Yikes             01-Feb-17               24-Mar-17 

Simons                 20-Mar-17

mdonna1975.       04-Feb-17.                 21-June-17   

marwan                 08-Mar-17                  07-Apr-17

Monks                       19-May-17               04-Aug-17

Charlieesta              14-Mar-17       20-Apr-17

1mysteriouslife       14-May-2017       7-June-2017

Still waiting

Hi guys i just got CO contact saying they want my most recent payslips (3 months} . They also said i fill in a form called Form 1399, does any1 kno what this form is about and if it means grant is near?

12 hours ago, llodza said:

HI it is the form to check whether you have served in your country's army or not. That means you are processing your application but they may need time to verify the information you provide in the form and it may take quite some time. 

On 8/19/2017 at 03:00, Yikes2017 said:

Perfect! That's where i'm heading so any info on suburbs, good schools, things to do for families would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

HI Yikes, what would you like to know? primary or secondary school for kids? how far from the city you would like to go? house prices here have increased by 100 or 200k for the last 5 years in some suburbs and it is such horrible news for us trying to buy the first home. the government provides kind of help for first home buyers though. I mean if you buy something lower than 600 0001, you don't have to pay stamp duty, which could be around 30,000. if up to 740,000 you are entitled to some concession. you guys may be aware of this already but just in case ...

9 hours ago, Liz Nguyen said:

HI it is the form to check whether you have served in your country's army or not. That means you are processing your application but they may need time to verify the information you provide in the form and it may take quite some time. 

ok thanks liz