Things are now moving for me. Case officer called requesting medicals on 21st February and have 28 days to do it. Unfortunately, medicals proving difficult as have been trying to get one since 8th Feb and only offering appts when working so can't go as I do shifts as a nurse and difficult to swap at last minute. Do you think immigration will extend the time if I tell them as I have been online and phoned medicals every day and they have tried Parramatta and Sydney for me, but nothing as yet

Make sure you contact the CO and let them know the status of the request, from what I've seen they ask for a response in 28 days, not necessarily completion of what they've requested.

How strange! They told me at Medibank that an X-ray may not even be required as I'm from a low risk Country (UK) but I know immigration require it - we'll see anyway - I don't believe there is a chance my visa will be approved before the baby is born which would enable me to claim Paid Parental Leave - but it would be amazing if it did happen. Oh and I also had to have hep b test as I'm pregnant. Good luck!

It seems that our experiences have been pretty similar :) We'd also been hoping to have the via approved before the birth to qualify for PPL, but I'm not certain that we would qualify even it it were granted. I'm not sure if PPL payments come under the Newly Arrived Residents Waiting Periods, or not. We've been told a number of conflicting stories http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

My other half is also from a low-risk, and Medibank said that the X-ray can be deferred until after the birth, but neither them nor the case officer would give a clear answer as to what that actually means for visa application. At this stage, I feel doubtful it will be granted until after the birth. If that's the case, then I think it becomes necessary to submit a change of situation on the application and likely becomes necessary to pay the extra applicant fee for the child :(

PR approved! Day 100. My timeline for the record:

Nomination and visa application submitted decision-ready, via MA, at Parramatta: 18 November 2013

Nomination approved: 25 February 2014

Visa approved: 26 February 2014

No contact from DIBP at any point in the process.

Thanks very much to all of you here. This thread a board were a great help to my sanity throughout this horrible wait. My thoughts are very much still with those of you waiting and I wish you all good news ASAP.

PR approved! Day 100. My timeline for the record:

Nomination and visa application submitted decision-ready, via MA, at Parramatta: 18 November 2013

Nomination approved: 25 February 2014

Visa approved: 26 February 2014

No contact from DIBP at any point in the process.

Thanks very much to all of you here. This thread a board were a great help to my sanity throughout this horrible wait. My thoughts are very much still with those of you waiting and I wish you all good news ASAP.

congratuations

direct stream?

It seems that our experiences have been pretty similar :) We'd also been hoping to have the via approved before the birth to qualify for PPL, but I'm not certain that we would qualify even it it were granted. I'm not sure if PPL payments come under the Newly Arrived Residents Waiting Periods, or not. We've been told a number of conflicting stories http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period

My other half is also from a low-risk, and Medibank said that the X-ray can be deferred until after the birth, but neither them nor the case officer would give a clear answer as to what that actually means for visa application. At this stage, I feel doubtful it will be granted until after the birth. If that's the case, then I think it becomes necessary to submit a change of situation on the application and likely becomes necessary to pay the extra applicant fee for the child :(

Have you been down to the family assistance office to chat to somebody? I went down today & I was advised to apply for my PPL, which will be rejected due to my non-PR status - but then if/when PR eventually comes through I can appeal and say that the chest X-ray held up my decision - I would just need an accompanying GP letter. They advised that this has been successful in getting the payment in the past so it's worth a try! You will still qualify for family tax benefit when you have PR and there is a newborn bonus from March 1st - it's only $2000 but better than nothing - although you would not be able to claim both this and PPL. They were helpful at the family assistance office even though their advice cannot be taken as gospel!

I had a read of the link you posted which States the waiting period does not spot to family assistance payments (which PPL & family tax benefits fall under) so if your visa is granted before the baby arrives and your wife meets the work test etc then yes you would be certainly be eligible rid the payment :)

New to this Thread

In the same boat as others here.

ENS 186 Transition stream

Visa and Nomination applied on 22/11/2013. DR application, Paramatta.

Acknowledgement letter received same day.

Waiting since then, No news. Followed up with MA Yesterday..... No movement.

I applied for 186 employer sponsor stream 25th November, allocated case worker last Thursday asked for extra reference on Friday and national police check as only did nsw clearance one. Applied for that on Friday got it through yesterday..uploaded it with work reference and got my notification through today..I officially am now a permanent resident.....

Here's our timeline:

VETASSESS submitted ?/8/13 - took 14 weeks to process

ENS186 online submission 21/11/13 - without MA - to Paramatta,

medicals 2/12/13.

Visa granted 25/2/14 - exactly 14 weeks to process.

No contact from CO until 25/2/14. But it's through and that's all that matters now!

I applied for 186 employer sponsor stream 25th November, allocated case worker last Thursday asked for extra reference on Friday and national police check as only did nsw clearance one. Applied for that on Friday got it through yesterday..uploaded it with work reference and got my notification through today..I officially am now a permanent resident.....

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Here's our timeline:

VETASSESS submitted ?/8/13 - took 14 weeks to process

ENS186 online submission 21/11/13 - without MA - to Paramatta,

medicals 2/12/13.

Visa granted 25/2/14 - exactly 14 weeks to process.

No contact from CO until 25/2/14. But it's through and that's all that matters now!

Felicitations et merci! Voulez-vous du champagne avec la tarte aux pommes?

direct entry?

My time lines

Submitted DR 186 Direct Entry through MA on 17 Jan 2014

Received Ack and Bridging Visa on same Day.

Welcome. We've been seeing approvals, reported on this forum, take about 3.5-4 months. Many applications that were submitted in November are getting approved around now.

Latest update:

Submitted Approved Days Weeks

21-Jun-13 11-Feb-14 235 33.6

29-Oct-13 12-Feb-14 106 15.1

16-Oct-13 14-Feb-14 121 17.3

01-Nov-13 17-Feb-14 108 15.4

20-Nov-13 18-Feb-14 90 12.9

23-Nov-13 19-Feb-14 88 12.6

09-Nov-13 21-Feb-14 104 14.9

19-Nov-13 21-Feb-14 94 13.4

21-Nov-13 21-Feb-14 92 13.1

12-Nov-13 21-Feb-14 101 14.4

15-Nov-13 25-Feb-14 102 14.6

21-Nov-13 25-Feb-14 96 13.7

18-Nov-13 26-Feb-14 100 14.3

18-Nov-13 26-Feb-14 100 14.3

25-Nov-13 26-Feb-14 93 13.3

20-Nov-13 27-Feb-14 99 14.1

All Average 108 15.4

Exclude first (outlier?) 100 14.2

Hi Guys

How long does it take to process the application once I've done the medical exam?

I was told by the doctor that it takes 2 weeks to get the medical exam result. Does it mean that CO will review the case after that?

Thanks

Hey Channel

The results are sent electronically and as soon as received as long as all ok with them id say your CO will just grant your application immediately. I don't think they can make a decision without it. I don't think it'll take as long as two weeks tho! Fingers crossed for you. You've given me some hope tonight as an October applicant! Thought I was starting to be the only start of November applicant left! Good luck :)

Hey Channel

The results are sent electronically and as soon as received as long as all ok with them id say your CO will just grant your application immediately. I don't think they can make a decision without it. I don't think it'll take as long as two weeks tho! Fingers crossed for you. You've given me some hope tonight as an October applicant! Thought I was starting to be the only start of November applicant left! Good luck :)

Thank you HayleyUK9

It's been more than 4 month anyway. Shouldn't be too much longer. Let's wait together~~ haha