21 hours ago, Dar said:

Hello 

Is anyone know ?

My nomination approved by vic pese.

Did someone's nomination approved by vic pese

How long it can took to open the file? 

May be it's been answered before but I don't know. 

Thank you 

@Hex

6 minutes ago, Dar said:

@Dar Comments as such don't typically get good responses. 

Regardless, I don't know who approved my nomination or visa (personally, I don't think it has much to do with timings of cases), however, it seems other do. 
As for how long it can take, unfortunately, this goes back to the old "How long is a piece of string" analogy. No-one can answer this. 
- Ideally, within 30-40 working days, however, some people have had a response within 1 day and others, longer than a year.

All the best.

• Thanks 1

State: QLD
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
Nomination & visa  applied: 13 Nov 2018

Nomination approved : 13 June 2019 

Request for my Partner Police check  which we submitted yesterday : 24 June 2019

Last Update shows : 24 June 2019 
IMMI Status: Further assessment

IMMI PROCESSING TEAM  : NSW PESE 

How long they take please advice 

17 hours ago, Canada2Australia said:

I'm starting to think it really has to do with your situation.

For me,  I am a single guy with no family. My former company applied for my 457 when the immigration website said average wait times were mostly over a year; it was granted in 4 weeks right at Christmas. My currently company applied for my 186 visa when again the website was saying that wait times were mostly over 18 months; it was granted in two months. I also live in a regional area (Darwin) that most immigrant do not want to live in. It has an economy that is in tatters at the moment and the population is in decline. This means that they need people to fill vacancies and try to grow the economy and population again. So I'm thinking this, all of these factors combined,  had a lot to do with the speed of my visa approvals. 

As for a citizenship application and it's associated timelines,  I don't know if these factors will assist me in getting mine approved quickly (when I am eligible to apply,  which is next July). We shall see. 

This is all just a theory though, so take it with a grain of salt 🙂 

Awesome! I'm in a similar boat to you but yet to get my PR approved. My employer applied for 186 visa and the nomination was approved in a week. I applied for my PR about 2 months after it was approved. Just over a month now so hoping I get lucky. 

A quick question, did you apply for your PR before or after your nomination was approved?

12 minutes ago, theredblur said:

Awesome! I'm in a similar boat to you but yet to get my PR approved. My employer applied for 186 visa and the nomination was approved in a week. I applied for my PR about 2 months after it was approved. Just over a month now so hoping I get lucky. 

A quick question, did you apply for your PR before or after your nomination was approved?

After. My nomination was approved in just under a week if I recall correctly.

Are you in a regional area?

1 minute ago, Canada2Australia said:

After. My nomination was approved in just under a week if I recall correctly.

Are you in a regional area?

No not in a regional area unfortunately. That's probably a key difference between your application and mine. Aside from that my nomination was also approved within a week, and a single applicant with no family included in application. Perhaps my delay (2 months) in applying for my PR after my nomination was approved might have delayed my application being process. Anyways I guess its all just speculation at this point. *Fingers crossed* to get some good news soon.

14 minutes ago, theredblur said:

I guess its all just speculation at this point.

One theory which is frequently quoted is that if you have a straightforward case, it gets approved really quickly. If there's even one thing that needs further checking, your application gets put aside, so you lose your place in the queue.  No idea whether it's true but it's often mentioned.  

1 hour ago, theredblur said:

No not in a regional area unfortunately. That's probably a key difference between your application and mine. Aside from that my nomination was also approved within a week, and a single applicant with no family included in application. Perhaps my delay (2 months) in applying for my PR after my nomination was approved might have delayed my application being process. Anyways I guess its all just speculation at this point. *Fingers crossed* to get some good news soon.

Best of luck 🙂

22 minutes ago, Tweedathart said:

It's happened!!! Today was the day that my husband and I became residents. Thanks everyone for the support 😀 🎉🎊 YAY

Congratulations!!!! I’m so happy for you! Very jealous as well haha but it definitely gives me hope for my visa. Enjoy 🥂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tweedathart said:

That's exactly what I've been doing! Fingers crossed for both of us... hope the visa gods are looking down on us favourably lol 😇😇😇

It evidently worked. Coming from a non-religious person praying to the visa gods yesterday! Unbelievable! Thank you universe!

• Haha 1

Hi everyone, my PR was granted yesterday.

Here is my timeline:

Pastry cook

186TRT

NSW

HR country

Nomination -Visa applied: 26 June2017

Nomnation refused: 16 June 18 ( training benchmarks issue)

Reapplied Nomination and Visa: 24 October 2018

Nomination approved : 31 May 2019

Recieved request s56 : 5 June2019 ( health checks)

Visa granted: 15 July 2019

NSW pese team 13

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

2 minutes ago, Vipa23 said:

Hi everyone, my PR was granted yesterday.

Here is my timeline:

Pastry cook

186TRT

NSW

HR country

Nomination -Visa applied: 26 June2017

Nomnation refused: 16 June 18 ( training benchmarks issue)

Reapplied Nomination and Visa: 24 October 2018

Nomination approved : 31 May 2019

Recieved request s56 : 5 June2019 ( health checks)

Visa granted: 15 July 2019

NSW pese team 13

When did you get s56 request for helth check?

17 hours ago, sahil pfs said:

Request for my Partner Police check  which we submitted yesterday : 24 June 2019

Nobody has any idea unfortunately. There have been quite a few s56 processed at the 4 to 6 weeks area, so hopefully you are in that group.

1 hour ago, MarkAu said:

Hello all, our visa was granted yesterday evening too.  We are so happy!

Our process was very smooth and quick compared to many of you - I hope that all of you still waiting hear good news soon.

All the best.

Mark.

Hello Mark 

I am super happy for you and you give me hope as we applied for same occupation and we are also in NSW and we are also from a lr country 

did they ask you something?did they come to your work place?

we applied on the 18th of February 2019 both nomination and application and we send them all the documents but we didn’t received any news yet no email nothing at all

we are starting to worry about 

15 minutes ago, Sere said:

Hello Mark 

I am super happy for you and you give me hope as we applied for same occupation and we are also in NSW and we are also from a lr country 

did they ask you something?did they come to your work place?

we applied on the 18th of February 2019 both nomination and application and we send them all the documents but we didn’t received any news yet no email nothing at all

we are starting to worry about 

Hi Sere;

They did not come to my workplace and only asked for S56 medical/police check (because I did the wrong one initially) and another piece of info because I was applying for an age exemption in my visa application.

Check your IMMI account and/or your MA that it shows status at least "Received".

After that I'm afraid there's not much more you can do except wait.

1 hour ago, davey5593 said:

Nobody has any idea unfortunately. There have been quite a few s56 processed at the 4 to 6 weeks area, so hopefully you are in that group.

Hi,

Just got my PR last week, for those who already provided additional docs for s.56, wait for 28 days then send Case Officer an email, they will finalise it for you.

That s what I did and they finalised instantly after 1 business day.

Best of luck

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

6 minutes ago, Vince Tran said:

Hi,

Just got my PR last week, for those who already provided additional docs for s.56, wait for 28 days then send Case Officer an email, they will finalise it for you.

Best of luck

That may be true for you, but your case is not a guarantee of how anyone elses will work. Every single case is different.

12 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

That may be true for you, but your case is not a guarantee of how anyone elses will work. Every single case is different.

Works for me both time - Nomination and Visa application. Waited 28 days, sent an email, instant approval 🤷🏻‍♂️ Different Case Officers since I lodged these 2 separately. 

40 minutes ago, Vince Tran said:

Hi,

Best of luck

@Vince Tran If only that were true and affected all cases. 

- I suspect you were either lucky or was a coincidence - regardless, this is not the case for all (or many) cases i'm afraid. Congrats though. 

19 hours ago, sahil pfs said:

It can be anything from 1 week to "n" years. In some recent cases mentioned in on this forum, expect something by 4-6 weeks. But again this is a hypothesis not guaranteed. 

On 16/07/2019 at 10:31, Muppett said:

Hi @furbibi I’m paid by an associated entity - which is also the people I work for-  whilst the main business is my sponsor. My nomination for 186 visa has been approved. As long as it makes sense I’m sure you’ll be fine. 

Thanks @Muppett 🙂 So with my company... Basically the main business kept the ABN open but is no longer operating. All the business expenses and operations are going through the new business ABN. Sid you guys use an Immigration agency to apply? And do you remember how long it took to approve your nomination? Thanks 🙂