7 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

One of their main criteria is the occupation. If you look at our spreadsheet you will see high skilled occupations normally get processed very quickly. Lower skilled occupations or those seen to be a high risk will take much longer to get processed.

I can assure you - they don't just randomly select cases.

Hey @boo-yaa, how to find out high risk and low risk occupation details?

2 hours ago, Roni S said:

Hi, we have applied for 186 direct entry. Can we apply for Medicare?  Or we have to continue our health insurance until we get PR? Really appreciate your answer.  Thanks.

Hi @Roni S, yes you can. See the link below: 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/medicare-card/enrol/how-enrol-or-re-enrol#permanentresidencyapplicant

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/ms004

Hope this helps....

16 hours ago, Pinky117 said:

Hex, as far as I know that if your friend's occupation is on STSOL, he/she can NOT apply for 186 DE nor TRT as per March 18 new rules.

This is the only thing i can think of.

@Hex - there are Grandfathering arrangements in place though.  Based on the below:

Client held a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017 and continues to hold this visa or a 457 visa/TSS visa/related bridging visa at time of application OR Client lodged a subclass 457 visa application on or before 18 April 2017 which was subsequently granted and continues to hold this visa or a 457 visa/TSS visa/related bridging visa at time of application:

New requirements apply subject to the transitional provisions outlined below:

• occupation list requirements will not apply
  • the age requirement will remain at less than 50 years of age with existing age exemptions still available, and
  • the minimum period an applicant is required to have been employed in their nominated occupation as the holder of a subclass 457 or TSS visa will remain at two years.

Therefore, if they meet the above criteria, they should be able to apply for the 186 either DE or TRT (f they have worked for the same company in the nominated 457 occupation for the previous 2 years).

My nominated occupation is also on the STSOL but I held my 457 Visa before 18 April 2017.

Edited by BB88

18 hours ago, Jenny1985 said:

Because there really is no rhyme nor reasons for timelines. Friend in same role and occupation applied and got hers in 3 months and 10 months later still waiting

My MA confirmed that occupation clearly plays a role. I am a restaurant manager waiting 17 months and restaurant managers are being investigated much more than other occupations because a lot of places have been very dodgy with this. 

So occupations with high risks are more likely to wait longer.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Suusz said:

My MA confirmed that occupation clearly plays a role. I am a restaurant manager waiting 17 months and restaurant managers are being investigated much more than other occupations because a lot of places have been very dodgy with this. 

So occupations with high risks are more likely to wait longer.

I'm a restaurant manager too, I'm in so much anxiety, my daily life getting stuck just because of delaying in PR.

I'm so much worried, i almost check my immi account every day.

Hi all,

first of all wish you happy new year. I have applied my child bridging visa A and department also send me bridging grant notification next morning. But they wrote in grant letter that they have issued bridging visa A while your ENS subclass 186 application is being processed. What mean that?

At the end of this letter there is case officer name and position number as well stated. 

1 hour ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

I'm a restaurant manager too, I'm in so much anxiety, my daily life getting stuck just because of delaying in PR.

I'm so much worried, i almost check my immi account every day.

Try to enjoy life a bit. Nothing we can do! As far as I remember you applied June 2018? so that is 10 months after me. Be ready for a long wait and faith will decide.

easier said than done 😂 im pretty anxious and frustrated too but by destroying your daily life you only make it worse for yourself

59 minutes ago, kmp said:

Hi all,

first of all wish you happy new year. I have applied my child bridging visa A and department also send me bridging grant notification next morning. But they wrote in grant letter that they have issued bridging visa A while your ENS subclass 186 application is being processed. What mean that?

At the end of this letter there is case officer name and position number as well stated. 

I think everyone gets a bridging visa A while your current visa is still valid and it will turn into a bridging visa B if your current visa expires. You probably just got a grant of the bridging visa because you added someone on there.

it should not be related to your PR application so also this case officer is probably not going to be the one handling your 186 visa application 

1 hour ago, Suusz said:

I think everyone gets a bridging visa A while your current visa is still valid and it will turn into a bridging visa B if your current visa expires. You probably just got a grant of the bridging visa because you added someone on there.

it should not be related to your PR application so also this case officer is probably not going to be the one handling your 186 visa application 

No,  bridging visa A comes into force when the current visa expires.

Until the expiry date you remain on the current visa.

Once it expires you go onto the Bridging Visa A

If you need to travel outside of Australia you apply for a Bridging Visa B

Hi all, thanks for the useful sharing. I am about to lodge my 186 nomination & visa application and saw your guys mentioned about a excel tracker logging all the shared information/ user movement. just curious if someone can share how to get access to this tracker? 

Will share my lodgement details once it is done. Thanks a lot!

7 hours ago, Nemesis said:

No,  bridging visa A comes into force when the current visa expires.

Until the expiry date you remain on the current visa.

Once it expires you go onto the Bridging Visa A

If you need to travel outside of Australia you apply for a Bridging Visa B

Ow yes! That is right actually. But we already get a bridging visa A granted the same day when we apply for PR and it will only be activated when your current visa expires.

Guys, i would like to discuss something with all of you.

Please give you opinion.

Since i lodge my VISA application for 186 TRN, i am so much worried for my permanent residency.

I am checking my visa application status every day, login my immi account every day, checking my email, browse the immi site for visa processing times and searching every day on internet about latest updates about immi policies. i am in so much anxiety i dont know how to tell you guys that how much worried and keen for my residency. Even from last 7 month there no even a hour passed of my life in which i didn't think about my PR. I just making a cancer in my mind, i am getting mentally sick. i think i will get mad soon, i my decision came negative i will kill my self.

i am nearly 36 years old, arrived in Australia 7 years ago as a student than one of my employer offer my sponsorship after years. to become an australian resident is my dream no one from my family have ever been here, even my frieds family member ask only one thing have you got nationality there. i haven't been visit my family from last 4 years, i am telling to my slef i will visit after getting my residency. i am really dying every day, i saw a a lot of people every day even they are younger than me and they have residency, they are enjoying there life and i am not. 

i am really crying at the moment, please tell me what should i do, i am thinking to consult with a psychiatric.

WHY IMMIGRATION TAKING SO MUCH TIME FOR GIVING THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY DECISION, WHY THEY ARE RUINING OUR LIFEEEEEEEEEE

WE ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEING, WE WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY HERE, PLEASE GIVE US RESIDENCY WHY THEY TAKING YEAR TO GIVE DECISION.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I AM CRYING, DEAR GOD PLEASE GIVE ME DESIDENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please give you opinion.

Since i lodge my VISA application for 186 TRN, i am so much worried for my permanent residency.

I am checking my visa application status every day, login my immi account every day, checking my email, browse the immi site for visa processing times and searching every day on internet about latest updates about immi policies. i am in so much anxiety i dont know how to tell you guys that how much worried and keen for my residency. Even from last 7 month there no even a hour passed of my life in which i didn't think about my PR. I just making a cancer in my mind, i am getting mentally sick. i think i will get mad soon, i my decision came negative i will kill my self.

i am nearly 36 years old, arrived in Australia 7 years ago as a student than one of my employer offer my sponsorship after years. to become an australian resident is my dream no one from my family have ever been here, even my frieds family member ask only one thing have you got nationality there. i haven't been visit my family from last 4 years, i am telling to my slef i will visit after getting my residency. i am really dying every day, i saw a a lot of people every day even they are younger than me and they have residency, they are enjoying there life and i am not. 

i am really crying at the moment, please tell me what should i do, i am thinking to consult with a psychiatric.

WHY IMMIGRATION TAKING SO MUCH TIME FOR GIVING THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY DECISION, WHY THEY ARE RUINING OUR LIFEEEEEEEEEE

WE ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEING, WE WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY HERE, PLEASE GIVE US RESIDENCY WHY THEY TAKING YEAR TO GIVE DECISION.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I AM CRYING, DEAR GOD PLEASE GIVE ME DESIDENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You need to consult to a psychologist ASAP if you have a suicide thought. This number 13 11 14 is suicide prevention line.

Remember, PR is not everything. In the end of the tunnel, you live for yourself, not your family, neighbor or friends. You should have a plan B, C or D. 

Not only you, other people who applied PR before you in  the beginning of 2017, some still wait from 2016 have to wait and they suffer but they don’t complain everyday. In fact it’s useless to complain as immigration won’t progress your application faster. 

Edited by ring3018
  • Like 2

Please give you opinion.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

Dear Iqbal,

Don’t loosen up brother. Be strong and positive. Try to bring things in mind that many people are in worsen situation than you. You are not alone in this situation. It will come when it’s turn. Department will appreciate your patience. Look thousands of people on the que and you are one of them. You have been waiting for only 7 months but many people over18/19 months already. It is unstandable that you are worried because your occupation is at bit tricky. But look if your boss running his business legally with profitably then it should not be any problem. All you need is to wait positively. Believe in yourself. It is not necessarily be frustrated too early. Keep on eyes. Check the update with MA weekly and communicate with employer how things going. Some part of process not in your hand nor MA. 

Remember paticence in a key to be succeed.

i hope you hear good news soon.

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ring3018 said:

You need to consult to a psychologist ASAP if you have a suicide thought. This number 13 11 14 is suicide prevention line.

Remember, PR is not everything. In the end of the tunnel, you live for yourself, not your family, neighbor or friends. You should have a plan B, C or D. 

Not only you, other people who applied PR before you in  the beginning of 2017, some still wait from 2016 have to wait and they suffer but they don’t complain everyday. In fact it’s useless to complain as immigration won’t progress your application faster. 

Couldn’t agree more👌

We are all anxious but it appears it’s causing you quite a few issues. 

Live for you not your family.

If it was to be rejected you just pick yourself up and move on the the next challenge.

you can post and post and post but from what we are seeing you won’t be getting an answer for the next 6 months. 

Go see a doctor ASAP and get a referral talk to a psychologist. Get something to reduce he anxiety, and focus your attention on living in this beautiful county we all want to call home. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Please give you opinion.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

Hi Kashif,

You must realise that a negative mind attracts a negative life. 

Here are the positives about your situation: 

1) you are in Australia whilst you wait- meaning you get to enjoy Australia and everything it has to offer whilst you are here- there are lots of people offshore that do not get that luxury 

2) you have a supportive boss and a good job and have been given the opportunity to apply for residency- many people are not fortunate enough even to achieve that

3) Your YOUNG! You may not feel it in relation to this forum but my god you have your whole life in front of you

You must must focus on the positives in your situation as above to name a few and I am sure there are many many more. 

If you do not focus on the positive happy parts of your life you will rot! Do NOT rot.

please understand that it is extremely likely that you will be waiting a minimum further 6 months- what I did to destract myself from the wait was I set a date in my head... quite a far away date which was achievable. 2 years from my application date. 

I convinced myself that I would obtain approval but it would be unlikely to be before then so when my file was opened after 20 months Jesus Christ I had the best surprise of my life.

Once you have chosen your date ... I would recommend focusing ur energy coming up with a plan B - This is always the smart and logical thing to do. I had a plan b and a plan c waiting for me... it alleviates the stress and pressure you are pinning on obtaining PR and also makes you realise that there ARE other options. 

Lastly I really hope you can consult your doctor or call the telephone line mentioned above about suicidal thoughts. 

I hope you see the positives and obtain happiness within yourself really really soon. 

Edited by Bellabonkers
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Please give you opinion.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I would say treat ourself lucky that you are atleast living currently in this beautiful country. There are heaps and heaps of people who are still dreaming to enter this country. I hope and I am sure everyone who have lodged would get PR, it’s just matter of time mate. So treat yourself lucky and enjoy life in this beautiful country. Think about people who are homeless or poor and living under poverty. God have been graceful on us that we atleast have family who takes care of us and god has been graceful for us to make us live in this wonderful country. Just don’t think about PR for next few months and focus on career and your other passions. Take care mate. PR is not everything. Think about family before you do something stupid.