Hello,

Best news came yesterday!! Still do not believe it! Everything is good but better now!

Nomination and visa approved yesterday after 10 month and 7 days wait!  Feel so lucky! See below for details.

6 years on Australia! All the effort paid off and dreams coming true.

For all you waiting there, keep on the positive thoughts! I know its easier said than done but hold tight

Thanks very much 

Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  28/02/2018

Nomination  and visa approved 07/01/2018

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 15

Does anyone know if all applicants need to be in Australia?

My partner is on holidays overseas.

I'm the main applicant, I'm in Australia.

Would the immi wait till she comes back to process or won't matter since the main applicant is onshore?

The 28days time frame finished, now just waiting for co to open my files again.

Guys I know this has been asked and discussed before but can some one direct me to information where it say we need to stay with the employer for couple of months once the PR got granted and also kindly let me know if we also need to renew the oversees police clearance if its past 1 year of issue as I have renewed the Australian Police checks but waiting on the oversees as my country police are slow 🤣

1 minute ago, galisuman said:

Guys I know this has been asked and discussed before but can some one direct me to information where it say we need to stay with the employer for couple of months once the PR got granted and also kindly let me know if we also need to renew the oversees police clearance if its past 1 year of issue as I have renewed the Australian Police checks but waiting on the oversees as my country police are slow 🤣

There is a written statement in the VISA conditions for 186 TRT which states something along the lines of 'The employer agrees to keep the position open for 2 years, and the employee will remain in the position for 2 years' - however this is not law binding, and really only can come into question if there is proof you planned to leave once it was approved. 

Yes, you need to renew if it's after 1 year, some CO's can be lenient by a few months, but I wouldn't risk waiting, just causes further delays in an already slow process. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J Vitor said:

Does anyone know if all applicants need to be in Australia?

My partner is on holidays overseas.

I'm the main applicant, I'm in Australia.

Would the immi wait till she comes back to process or won't matter since the main applicant is onshore?

The 28days time frame finished, now just waiting for co to open my files again.

Should be no reason to be onshore while the CO is looking over your case, especially as you are the main applicant. 

The only delay would come, if they request something from your partner whereby they needed to be onshore for (medical etc.). 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Should be no reason to be onshore while the CO is looking over your case, especially as you are the main applicant. 

The only delay would come, if they request something from your partner whereby they needed to be onshore for (medical etc.). 

That's what I thought as well.

Well, they asked for documents already, so hopefully they will finalise the application before police check expires.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, Rakhush said:

Nah he won’t be asking for a New one

@Rakhush I'm curious how you know this? As, if the IELTS is expired - they have all right to request a new one. 

24 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi Guys,

Can someone answer my question please? My IELTS will be Expired in May.Will CO ask for a new one? 😫

@SAJ.N The IELTS is valid for 3 years from receipt - if it expires, the CO is entitled to request you to retake the exam, however, it is unlikely. 

- It all comes down to if you're willing to possibly extend your wait
-- If you wait and they do request one, it adds time to your application process
-- If you proactive and complete a new exam in preparation of a possible request, there would be no impact on processing time, as the exam will be valid  

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, galisuman said:

What you can potentially do is asking your employer to keep you as an employees for 2 or 3 months on unpaid leaves, and then when you're back, well the time off made you realised you wanted to move somewhere else 🙂  I guess it's hard to prove that you planned to leave after the visa, if the employer doesn't complain, no reason for the immigration to be aware of that. Unless someone thinks I'm wrong? 

19 hours ago, EDB07 said:

Hi all,

We've finally received our Golden email an hour ago!!

I wish everyone all the best.. Hopefully all the grants will start coming through very soon in the new year! 

I've just gone and bought a Australian Flag and a Blow-Up Kangaroo which I will surprise my Husband with when i get home today!  😁

OMG!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

Congratulations!

How did your partner take it?

All the best for the future !

29 minutes ago, J Vitor said:

That's what I thought as well.

Well, they asked for documents already, so hopefully they will finalise the application before police check expires.

Thanks

Hi @J Vitor ,

I have the same question about dependent should be onshore/offshore make any difference. 

I will be remain in Aus. as a main applicant and my wife and son will be offshore(for max. 2 months). 

Would you please share your timeline? Also, what documents did they asked?

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Benoit said:

I have to admit that I also bought a bottle of Champagne last night... Just to test @Bellabonkers 's theory!  😄 

2 minutes ago, M.rvr said:

How good would that be ! 

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!

It speeds things up i am CERTAIN of it!

Judging by all other hairdresser's in this forum i was looking at a minimum 2 year wait and even potential refusal due to more scrutiny taken on jobs since removed from the list.

BUT HERE I AM 21 MONTH APPROVAL! 

That there my fiends is LAW OF ATTRACTION 🙂 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Rakhush I'm curious how you know this? As, if the IELTS is expired - they have all right to request a new one. 

@SAJ.N The IELTS is valid for 3 years from receipt - if it expires, the CO is entitled to request you to retake the exam, however, it is unlikely. 

- It all comes down to if you're willing to possibly extend your wait
-- If you wait and they do request one, it adds time to your application process
-- If you proactive and complete a new exam in preparation of a possible request, there would be no impact on processing time, as the exam will be valid  

Actually the same thing happen with my friend aswell he was worried too but they didn’t request a new one.

Edited by Rakhush
  • Like 1