1 minute ago, sbrowne9 said:

Looks like Turnbull is on his way out and Dutton is in as PM...nothing sure yet, but looks inevitable at the moment

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2018/aug/23/turnbull-dutton-liberal-canberra-chaos-spill

Not great news, but he is really unelectable, this continues much longer could see an early election, liberals are doing a lot of damage to themselves here.

• Like 2

Want to share a good news to all fellows.

Nomination approved this morning asked for update AFP and my partner's English proofing document.

186TRT Nomination & visa submitted on Jun 2017. 

Company received a 457 spot check on May2018 and received satisfactory letter last month.So no further documents requested for nomination.

Can't wait for visa approve.??

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, God hand said:

Nomination approved this morning asked for update AFP and my partner's English proofing document.

Company received a 457 spot check on May2018 and received satisfactory letter last month.So no further documents requested for nomination.

Can't wait for visa approve.??

nice!!!occupation?? hopefully it Will come soon!!

• Like 2

On 21/08/2018 at 22:34, Loktar said:

No you don't. Please do not post things you do not know. Once you applied for PR (by lodging visa application), you can get Medicare and stop your private health insurance. I know it from personal experience.

Keep your attitude to yourself. And don't tell me what to post and what not to. You Don't Own this forum. My knowledge is confirmed too and from my personal experience. Advised by my MA and Immigration, on enquiry. When applicant is on 457 visa and applies for 186, which I am in, still has to maintain private health Insurance, Which is VISA REQUIREMENT and stated in VISA Documentation as well. This has to continue, till 186 is GRANTED, or case officer may reject the visa.

And yes I DO HAVE MEDICARE as well,  And I possess my Interim Medicare card since past 4-5 Years from my previous Visa, yet I have been told to still have Prvt Cover.  Because apparently some Insurance companies (Including mine) only cover Hospital visits and not GPs. In that incident, medicare is used to visit GPs (and also Hospitals).

As per my knowledge and sources my Information is correct. That could be wrong. But I do not make laws, just follow them. I am following the instructions which are safe for myself and my family. Hence, when I saw this issue, I advised my fellow Forum member to stay safe. With Intention to help alone. I am not forcing anyone. To take my advice or not, is their prerogative. 

Likewise maybe you want to trust your sources, that's your prerogative.  But definitely you can't command Me to post or not to. Most of the people are supportive here in this forum,  trying to help each other. 

My advice to you is to keep your tone Amiable !!

• Like 1

On 21/08/2018 at 23:48, kp au said:

not really, but if you keep it, you gonna get money back in your tax refund, or  you pay lavy on temporary madicare card.. up to you, if you accepting medical soon... 

When applicant is on 457 visa and applies for 186, which I am in, still has to maintain private health Insurance, Which is VISA REQUIREMENT and stated in VISA Documentation as well. This has to continue, till 186 is GRANTED, or case officer may reject the visa. Advised by my MA and Immigration upon enquiry.

I am on 457 Visa, applied for 186 DE. With family and dependants. Maybe your case is different.

I possess my Interim Medicare card since past 4-5 Years from my previous Visa, yet I have been told to still have Prvt Cover.  Because apparently some Insurance companies (Including mine) only cover Hospital visits & ambulance and not GPs.   In that incident, medicare is used to visit GPs (and also Hospitals).

I am following the instructions which are safe for myself and my family. Just couple hundred bucks extra.

I was also told by friends and so on that I can claim Insurance money on tax refund, but my Tax agent advised otherwise, considering 457 pay package is higher and since I have dependants. So don't get much back anyways. 

I am not asking you to take my advice alone. Please do as your MA says.

24 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Keep your attitude to yourself. And don't tell me what to post and what not to. You Don't Own this forum. My knowledge is confirmed too and from my personal experience. Advised by my MA and Immigration, on enquiry. When applicant is on 457 visa and applies for 186, which I am in, still has to maintain private health Insurance, Which is VISA REQUIREMENT and stated in VISA Documentation as well. This has to continue, till 186 is GRANTED, or case officer may reject the visa.

This is not 100% strictly true. In some cases where Australia has a reciprocal health agreement (i.e. the UK since this is a poms in Oz forum) then you can apply for an exemption on this requirement so you don't need to have private health. However you need to apply for this exemption based on the fact you're eligible for medicare. You also understand that medicare has different coverage compared to private health insurance.

Therefore you're both correct, but in different ways. It is not necessarily a visa requirement. But it re-iterates the fact you should not rely on forums for your immigration advice as 100% kosher.

My source for the information? www.privatehealth.gov.au

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CockerSpaniel said:

This is not 100% strictly true. In some cases where Australia has a reciprocal health agreement (i.e. the UK since this is a poms in Oz forum) then you can apply for an exemption on this requirement so you don't need to have private health. However you need to apply for this exemption based on the fact you're eligible for medicare. You also understand that medicare has different coverage compared to private health insurance.

Therefore you're both correct, but in different ways. It is not necessarily a visa requirement. But it re-iterates the fact you should not rely on forums for your immigration advice as 100% kosher.

My source for the information? www.privatehealth.gov.au

Will check more. Thanks. Just following my MA  and Immi for now....

2 hours ago, Bips22 said:

When applicant is on 457 visa and applies for 186, which I am in, still has to maintain private health Insurance, Which is VISA REQUIREMENT and stated in VISA Documentation as well. This has to continue, till 186 is GRANTED, or case officer may reject the visa. Advised by my MA and Immigration upon enquiry.

I am on 457 Visa, applied for 186 DE. With family and dependants. Maybe your case is different.

I possess my Interim Medicare card since past 4-5 Years from my previous Visa, yet I have been told to still have Prvt Cover.  Because apparently some Insurance companies (Including mine) only cover Hospital visits & ambulance and not GPs.   In that incident, medicare is used to visit GPs (and also Hospitals).

I am following the instructions which are safe for myself and my family. Just couple hundred bucks extra.

I was also told by friends and so on that I can claim Insurance money on tax refund, but my Tax agent advised otherwise, considering 457 pay package is higher and since I have dependants. So don't get much back anyways. 

I am not asking you to take my advice alone. Please do as your MA says.

my point is, untill you get your PR stay on private medical, you gonna get money back in tax return, people like  me we never use medicare in our student life and all, so we dont need to pay private health care in advance...

3 hours ago, Bips22 said:

And yes I DO HAVE MEDICARE as well,  And I possess my Interim Medicare card since past 4-5 Years from my previous Visa, yet I have been told to still have Prvt Cover.  Because apparently some Insurance companies (Including mine) only cover Hospital visits and not GPs. In that incident, medicare is used to visit GPs (and also Hospitals).

As per my knowledge and sources my Information is correct. That could be wrong. But I do not make laws, just follow them. I am following the instructions which are safe for myself and my family. Hence, when I saw this issue, I advised my fellow Forum member to stay safe. With Intention to help alone. I am not forcing anyone. To take my advice or not, is their prerogative. 

Likewise maybe you want to trust your sources, that's your prerogative.  But definitely you can't command Me to post or not to. Most of the people are supportive here in this forum,  trying to help each other. 

Actually, the visa document doesn’t state that you need to maintain private health insurance. It is stated that 8501- Maintain health insurance

so when you applied for 186, which is PR. You’re eligible for Medicare. And Immigration stated that Medicare satisfied the “health insurance requirement”. Is is either Medicare or private insurance. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/485/Acceptable-evidence-of-health-cover.aspx

You can choose to get rid of your private health insurance (which is what my MA advises). Or you can keep it and pay for best both Medicare and private health insurance.

More information from the gov website

https://www.privatehealth.gov.au/healthinsurance/overseas/457visa.htm

Edited by ring3018
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bips22 said:

I agree with you... there is no harm in keeping private insurance... my wife was hospitalised few months back and luckily I was with NIB which covered many surgical costs which "interim" medicare doesn't. The medicare is very useful post-op GP care not for actual emergencies or hospital cover trust me on this please...

• Like 1

Can't wait for visa approve.[emoji1317]

congratulations. Applicants from june 2017 will be hopeful. thx for share

11 hours ago, Bips22 said:

Yes you are right. it is a requirement for any 457 visa holders to have adequate private insurance. PR application does allow you to get an interim medicare card but that doesn't mean you should get rid of your private insurance as you are still on 457 , neither your bridging visa has started (start date would be when your 457 ends) nor your PR has been granted. 

I do understand that some people here think that they are the department or Migration Agent but that shouldn't worry you; don't lose your calm.

I think people here need to understand that everybody who has applied for a PR goes through anxiety and every little thing annoys them. So let's respect people, provide info we are aware of , share timelines but not jab.

I like the way you replied though. Have a wonderful day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ring3018 said:

Actually, the visa document doesn’t state that you need to maintain private health insurance. It is stated that 8501- Maintain health insurance

so when you applied for 186, which is PR. You’re eligible for Medicare. And Immigration stated that Medicare satisfied the “health insurance requirement”. Is is either Medicare or private insurance. 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/485/Acceptable-evidence-of-health-cover.aspx

You can choose to get rid of your private health insurance (which is what my MA advises). Or you can keep it and pay for best both Medicare and private health insurance.

More information from the gov website

https://www.privatehealth.gov.au/healthinsurance/overseas/457visa.htm

Spot on. 

I'm from the UK and due to that have the Reciprocal Health Agreement. I applied for medicare and had that before my 457 was granted.

Private Health Insurance in my situation is NOT required as I have medicare.

@Bips22 if you are from the UK you Private Health Insurance is not a requirement. However, its obviously a good thing to have for you and your family.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 3

I just checked my immiaccount page and somehow, all the files I uploaded for my wife and child had disappeared. My files are still there. There is no longer a slot asking for it so I am assuming they have seen it and updated it. Anyone else had this experience? It was weird that now it says 0 attachments received. 

2 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Yes you are right. it is a requirement for any 457 visa holders to have adequate private insurance. PR application does allow you to get an interim medicare card but that doesn't mean you should get rid of your private insurance as you are still on 457 , neither your bridging visa has started (start date would be when your 457 ends) nor your PR has been granted. 

I do understand that some people here think that they are the department or Migration Agent but that shouldn't worry you; don't lose your calm.

I think people here need to understand that everybody who has applied for a PR goes through anxiety and every little thing annoys them. So let's respect people, provide info we are aware of , share timelines but not jab.

I like the way you replied though. Have a wonderful day.

Again this depends where you are from.

For my 457 I wasn't required to hold Private Health Insurance for my Visa as I was able to apply for medicare due to the reciprocal Agreement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Again this depends where you are from.

For my 457 I wasn't required to hold Private Health Insurance for my Visa as I was able to apply for medicare due to the reciprocal Agreement.

Sorry I forgot to mention about reciprocal health arrangement. I have not considered that in my statement. Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like 2