4 hours ago, MP said:

Yes contaced many time via phone and emails,,, same reply every time.. We will ask your migration agent if we need any doc. Status still recieved.. Not allocated yet...

How come?! 22 months? Did they explain the reason? It doesn't make sense to wait nearly 2 years? 186 is still under 457 condition,4-year visa.  But it is too long waiting period 

Yes i'm with new pese. I think its decision ready,, submit nomination &. Visa together. But one ens chef approved last week after 12 months.. So lets see...???

I really dont understand. if you look at the spreadsheet, there was some chefs got approved within 6-7 months, even cook as well 6 months. however there are some cooks have been waiting for more than 10-15 months. well, i dont know if they didnt update the spreadsheet or they are still waiting.. feel like this occupation is being underestimated and left aside. ANY OTHER CHEFS are waiting????!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

I really dont understand. if you look at the spreadsheet, there was some chefs got approved within 6-7 months, even cook as well 6 months. however there are some cooks have been waiting for more than 10-15 months. well, i dont know if they didnt update the spreadsheet or they are still waiting.. feel like this occupation is being underestimated and left aside. ANY OTHER CHEFS are waiting????!!!!!!!

186 visa direct entry offshore Cook
14 months 5 days with no update yet

45 minutes ago, bobobz said:

Yes I am, Chef TRT been waiting for almost 8 months. Keep praying....

4 minutes ago, Siddu said:

Hey guys need suggestion, do we still have to pay private health cover for 457 visa holders even after lodging the ens 186?

got the interim Medicare too,

replies would be appreciated TIA

My MA told me I can cancel health insurance after receive medicare card, so I did.

Edited by Skizziks

So much misinformation out there, don't get caught up in it. 

This is a quote from DIBP LegendCOM : 

"Temporary visa holders who apply for a permanent visa may, in some circumstances, be eligible for Medicare benefits until a final decision is made on their permanent visa application. Temporary visa holders who hold a valid Medicare card under these circumstances may be considered to meet the minimum requirements for adequate health insurance for the period of time they hold the valid Medicare card."

Edited by barker

1 minute ago, Siddu said:

Thanks heaps mate , it’s always better to continue I guess 

Yes it’s much a safer option !

wish someone can tell us why there is such a great back log for 186 visa processing.

I don’t think the delay is due to occupations based as I feel everyone is getting it at their regular wait.

Some people say it’s bettee outcome if you apply by yourself, and some claims using migration agent is better...I am just not sure ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Siddu said:

Thanks heaps mate , it’s always better to continue I guess 

Siddu if you got enough $$ then yes you can continue, the moment i got TRT lodged i went to medicare and got my medicate card for a period of 1 year.  DIBP clearly says about eligibility to get medicare once any Residence visa is lodged

26 minutes ago, barker said:

Like Fida said it’s more or less a waste of money. I guess if you have good ovhc it might cover private hospitals that would be the only reason I could see keeping it

Hi Barker,

just a question.I have already lodged my nomination and visa for 186 TRT in November.I am still on my 457 visa till June this year.Can I apply for my temporary medicare card? If so, please advise how do I go about ?

Thanks in advance

13 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Hi 

just a question.I have already lodged my nomination and visa for 186 TRT in November.I am still on my 457 visa till June this year.Can I apply for my temporary medicare card? If so, please advise how do I go about ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Barker...

Go to Medicare office , Fill in the form and an officer would sit with you with all your documents and thats All. Your card would be posted by Mail.

Edited by Fida

13 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Hi Barker,

Thanks in advance

Here is what you should bring with you to Centrelink office to get your medicare card:

Permanent residency applicants

For each person you want to enrol, you need to give us a:

• passport, travel document or Immicard
  • valid visa, and
  • proof from the Department of Home Affairs you’ve submitted a valid permanent residency application

This includes you if you’ve applied for a combined spouse visa 309/100 or 820/801. You’re eligible for Medicare the date you applied for permanent residency, not the date your temporary visa 820 was granted. If you applied outside Australia, you’re eligible the date you arrived in Australia.

If your visa doesn’t let you work in Australia, you must prove you have a relationship with a parent, spouse or child who’s an Australian citizen, permanent resident or New Zealand citizen who lives in Australia. This proof can be a:

• birth certificate
  • marriage certificate
  • joint bank or utility account statement, or
  • proof you own a home together

Also here is the link for Medicare enrolment application

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/3101

2 hours ago, Fida said:

Siddu if you got enough $$ then yes you can continue, the moment i got TRT lodged i went to medicare and got my medicate card for a period of 1 year.  DIBP clearly says about eligibility to get medicare once any Residence visa is lodged

I have called the immigration people n asked them , they said what I have got is interim Medicare and I have to pay for private health care till I get the full Medicare 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Siddu said:

I have called the immigration people n asked them , they said what I have got is interim Medicare and I have to pay for private health care till I get the full Medicare 

Thats okay.... It adds to my Knowledge. 

5 minutes ago, Siddu said:

You don't have to keep private health insurance. It's up to you. You can keep your private health cover but since you have medicare you do not have an obligation to hold private health cover under the 457 visa. That's what my MA told me.

3 minutes ago, TommyC said:

You don't have to keep private health insurance. It's up to you. You can keep your private health cover but since you have medicare you do not have an obligation to hold private health cover under the 457 visa. That's what my MA told me.

100% agreed...that is what My MA told me too,