Waiting since May 2016! CO asked for extra documents 2 months ago and no news since. I'm so lost and upset with the process. Are they clearing up transition stream first and then picking up DE? Frustrated but unfortunately extremely helpless. I can't believe some of our applications are being treated so unfairly. Anyone else from May/June 2016?

Have you tried to email CO who asked the extra docs?From my experience it's really helpful to directly contact CO at this stage.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Waiting since May 2016! CO asked for extra documents 2 months ago and no news since. I'm so lost and upset with the process. Are they clearing up transition stream first and then picking up DE? Frustrated but unfortunately extremely helpless. I can't believe some of our applications are being treated so unfairly. Anyone else from May/June 2016?

BTW,are you applying onshore or offshore?

17 minutes ago, stellagee said:

Guys,I talked to an MA today,they said it looks like the immi department is currently trying to drag the time as long as possible to make sponsors change mind and employ aussie instead. Have you heard of anything like this?

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Isn't that illegal to influence the process, especially from government side as they should follow the rules?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stellagee said:

Guys,I talked to an MA today,they said it looks like the immi department is currently trying to drag the time as long as possible to make sponsors change mind and employ aussie instead. Have you heard of anything like this?

I didn't hear anything like that. However I would not be surprised if this is the goal. 

Does it effect only DE? Just because people applying for TRT have already been working there for at least 2 years. 

31 minutes ago, stellagee said:

I really hope they know the applicants are humans too and this time is exhausting for everyone. Your life is in limbo for almost 2 years, hopefully they will grant your visa soon.
What is your occupation? 

12 hours ago, stellagee said:

Guys, we're all frustrated at long waiting periods, but posts like this don't help.

There is absolutely no way that the immigration departments have been told to drag their heels over applications. Look at the spreadsheet, people from March/April are all being cleared, all well within the given timelines.

What they are likely doing is prioritising certain applications based on the occupation, but think about it without the emotion and it makes a bit of sense. If there is a major drought of one occupation, or a very skilled applicant they will probably push them to the top of the queue, but the very fact that they have been prioritised means they are going to be few and far between anyway.

Quite simply, it's luck of the draw, and believe me when I say that my heart goes out to everyone waiting, I've been waiting for seven months myself and am just as stressed/fed up as the next person, but it's better to give each other a bit of support than whip up crackpot conspiracies about the immigration department being told to slow down the approval process.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Montys Beard said:

Look at the spreadsheet, people from March/April are all being cleared, all well within the given timelines.

For me it`s seems like they finalised 2 March applications in October. Both of them were already open last month.
Then they skipped rest of March and started processing April. It happened before too, that`s why there are a lot of open cases from 2016.

But I really hope I am just too frustrated and you`re right about this  and they will go through all of the application in each month from now on.

Guest bradfords
9 hours ago, maddy186 said:

What happens if business being sold after applying for 186 visa ?
I heard that my owner trying to sell the current business !
Does the new rules kicks in if I find a new place ?

This is my second application as my first employer sold their business just weeks before my application was allocated after an 8 month wait.

Because they sold their business the nomination was refused and I had to withdraw my application, I was not entitled to a refund and had to secure a new sponsor and start right from the beginning. Sorry to bring u this bad news.

You really need to get some professional advice to be sure as all of our cases are different and this may not apply to you. Hope you get it sorted I know how it feels to go through this twice over its so hard but you gotta keep at it.

Guys, we're all frustrated at long waiting periods, but posts like this don't help.

There is absolutely no way that the immigration departments have been told to drag their heels over applications. Look at the spreadsheet, people from March/April are all being cleared, all well within the given timelines.

What they are likely doing is prioritising certain applications based on the occupation, but think about it without the emotion and it makes a bit of sense. If there is a major drought of one occupation, or a very skilled applicant they will probably push them to the top of the queue, but the very fact that they have been prioritised means they are going to be few and far between anyway.

Quite simply, it's luck of the draw, and believe me when I say that my heart goes out to everyone waiting, I've been waiting for seven months myself and am just as stressed/fed up as the next person, but it's better to give each other a bit of support than whip up crackpot conspiracies about the immigration department being told to slow down the approval process.

You are right,we should at least try to keep positive. There seems nothing we can do at this stage,only to believe the visa will be in our hands in a few months.

11 minutes ago, zanfo said:

Hey is there anyone on here who applied as a Restaurant Manager direct entry and got their visa approved within 12 months from application lodged?

I'm 11 months now DE restaurant manager, no update. So annoying!

This is my second application as my first employer sold their business just weeks before my application was allocated after an 8 month wait.
Because they sold their business the nomination was refused and I had to withdraw my application, I was not entitled to a refund and had to secure a new sponsor and start right from the beginning. Sorry to bring u this bad news.
You really need to get some professional advice to be sure as all of our cases are different and this may not apply to you. Hope you get it sorted I know how it feels to go through this twice over its so hard but you gotta keep at it.

Thank u for your wonderful suggestions
I applied and waiting hopefully
I will get it b4 they sell it