Wow Tim, CONGRATS! Same occupation but we lodged APR and case has not even been allocated yet! Was your application via the Direct Entry or Transition stream?

It really feels like they just skipped APR cases and decided to finalise May-July first. :( In saying that, if memory serves, the automated email was advising that they were processing FEB applications since maybe September or even August??

Also, we frontloaded all requirements (and more!) so our application is really just waiting...hitting 300 days by next week! Don't even know how I feel anymore.:mad:

Hi Lizzie,

300 days that's tough... It has been 228 days since my nomination was issued (which is less than you and many others) and I issued what my MA considers is a decision ready visa application 5 days later. There is such little transparency provided in relation to the processing of residency applications which makes the whole process a much more stressful than it needs to be. It would be good to know and to be able to track our positions in the queue.

@pauljoh1: It looks it mate... The June spreadsheet is a classic example to prove this.

There are thousands of applications being processed each month and there are a few dozens in the spreadsheet.

If you go through all the different months present in the spreadsheet, you will see different patterns so nothing proves that DE applications are slower.

May proving something different than June as an obvious recent example.

This is why it is stressful. Because: no logic!

@jess6: :-) You are correct. There is no logic, unfortunately, that we are aware of.

There are thousands of applications being processed each month and there are a few dozens in the spreadsheet.

If you go through all the different months present in the spreadsheet, you will see different patterns so nothing proves that DE applications are slower.

Cheers

I understand the spreadsheet is an overall snapshot of the thousands of applications but I actually believe that it slightly exaggerates processing times as people are more likely to enter their information if they have been waiting for longer than expected. I know a few people who have got theirs in under 7 months recently. I expect the CO to open the file before 7 months generally but understand that you can be unlucky.

It seems that if the CO requests more information it delays the approval by over a month and are more likely to request info from the nomination side.

Hi @pauljoh1, I rang IMMI last December giving them my details and the person I spoke to said something akin to: 'You lodged April - we're still processing March. Oh, wait, you're Direct entry." Then, he asked me to hold as he clarified with colleagues. He came back to the phone to say that they were still processing Feb for DE. That's only one person in IMMI though, but just looking at the timeframes for early 2016 (on the spreadsheet albeit being simply a snapshot), it does seem to ring true.

Also, I have not been contacted and neither has my employer. As of last week, they noted that our case had not been allocated at all, citing high volume and limited staff over the holidays. We lodged complete nom and visa applications in April.

I realise though that there might be other qualifiers since looking at the spreadsheet indicates some DE applications getting approved but for our timelines, they seem to be more an exception, at least with our limited snapshot and knowledge. In general, I tend to agree that it doesn't seem to make much sense overall!

Cheers

I understand the spreadsheet is an overall snapshot of the thousands of applications but I actually believe that it slightly exaggerates processing times as people are more likely to enter their information if they have been waiting for longer than expected. I know a few people who have got theirs in under 7 months recently. I expect the CO to open the file before 7 months generally but understand that you can be unlucky.

It seems that if the CO requests more information it delays the approval by over a month and are more likely to request info from the nomination side.

Edited by Izzielizzie

Thats very unlucky. I really hope it comes through soon.

I'm 29th August so another couple months, but if I'm unlucky, then it will probably come through in August!

Hi @pauljoh1, I rang IMMI last December giving them my details and the person I spoke to said something akin to: 'You lodged April - we're still processing March. Oh, wait, you're Direct entry." Then, he asked me to hold as he clarified with colleagues. He came back to the phone to say that they were still processing Feb for DE. That's only one person in IMMI though, but just looking at the timeframes for early 2016 (on the spreadsheet albeit being simply a snapshot), it does seem to ring true.

Also, I have not been contacted and neither has my employer. As of last week, they noted that our case had not been allocated at all, citing high volume and limited staff over the holidays. We lodged complete nom and visa applications in April.

I realise though that there might be other qualifiers since looking at the spreadsheet indicates some DE applications getting approved but for our timelines, they seem to be more an exception, at least with our limited snapshot and knowledge. In general, I tend to agree that it doesn't seem to make much sense overall!

Hi Richo,

Yes, it's insane. Still a shocker to us that we've been waiting this long. Initially advised 4-6 months all things considered. Initially, thought that the ones who got delayed were more complicated cases or perhaps their employer wasn't very stable, etc. But now that our own complete, straightforward app hasn't even been allocated, I'm not sure what to think. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern from the limited data we have.

I agree RE transparency - or they should manage expectations better. If the volume's extra high, perhaps they could have added more staff to these cases, or at least announced or sent an automated email providing more realistic timelines.

In one of my calls before (maybe OCT or NOV), I asked why there were cases after my timeline that had already been processed, and she said there are other factors considered. But when I prodded, she noted that she was not in a position to disclose. She even told me to relax because we were already onshore, working, etc. Awful. As if we have no other considerations and this didn't impact on so many facets of our lives.

Sorry guys, such a debbie downer - seem to have used up all my immigration optimism this week. Hope I can get outta this rut asap.

Hi Lizzie,

300 days that's tough... It has been 228 days since my nomination was issued (which is less than you and many others) and I issued what my MA considers is a decision ready visa application 5 days later. There is such little transparency provided in relation to the processing of residency applications which makes the whole process a much more stressful than it needs to be. It would be good to know and to be able to track our positions in the queue.

Hi Richo,

Yes, it's insane. Still a shocker to us that we've been waiting this long. Initially advised 4-6 months all things considered. Initially, thought that the ones who got delayed were more complicated cases or perhaps their employer wasn't very stable, etc. But now that our own complete, straightforward app hasn't even been allocated, I'm not sure what to think. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern from the limited data we have.

I agree RE transparency - or they should manage expectations better. If the volume's extra high, perhaps they could have added more staff to these cases, or at least announced or sent an automated email providing more realistic timelines.

In one of my calls before (maybe OCT or NOV), I asked why there were cases after my timeline that had already been processed, and she said there are other factors considered. But when I prodded, she noted that she was not in a position to disclose. She even told me to relax because we were already onshore, working, etc. Awful. As if we have no other considerations and this didn't impact on so many facets of our lives.

Sorry guys, such a debbie downer - seem to have used up all my immigration optimism this week. Hope I can get outta this rut asap.

Hey Lizzie, I know it is frustrating but ultimately you will get it.

I had a chat with my MA today and she still says the same: DE are not de-prioritized.

This is just a queue.

In a word, if your case is in the queue of a CO/team of COs which has a complex file, then your file is opened later.

Regarding staff, well this is exactly their problem they have more workload and have less staff.

Seriously, this is not their fault if jobs have been cut last year. I bet they would also like to have less workload.

Wow Tim, CONGRATS! Same occupation but we lodged APR and case has not even been allocated yet! Was your application via the Direct Entry or Transition stream?

It really feels like they just skipped APR cases and decided to finalise May-July first. :( In saying that, if memory serves, the automated email was advising that they were processing FEB applications since maybe September or even August??

Also, we frontloaded all requirements (and more!) so our application is really just waiting...hitting 300 days by next week! Don't even know how I feel anymore.:mad:

Direct Entry

Hi @jess6, I appreciate your individual viewpoint and that you are trying to be helpful - thank you. But note that we lodged more than two months before you did and have been here jumping from temp visa to another, way longer. Additionally, our circumstances are different.

Wish I felt the same way but after everything (in our personal situation) and nearly 300 days in, I can no longer justify the poor mismanagement and the misery it has caused many of us. I feel for those waiting even longer. After a certain period of time has elapsed, is it too much to ask that they at least give a definitive timeframe, not a 'it might be allocated in a month' answer when we ring - something I've already heard more than once.

In relation to the theories - they are all just that - theories. I've based my presumptions on chats with IMMI officials/staff and my own observations. Don't blame staff and can empathize however, I find the department's overall lack of foresight, transparency and communication to applicants atrocious.

Let's just all support each other and respect the differences in opinions and mindset. This forum is a wonderful support - thank you for trying to help a stranger.

Edited by Izzielizzie