22 minutes ago, Beingme said:

Can someome pls suggest me what details should i include in my email to immigration like my application Id or my passport no. Finally decided to complain.

I have made a complaint last week through here:https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions

however no answer yet.

8 minutes ago, Beingme said:

Yes 17 months and no news yet. 

Not sure if you'll have much luck. I know its tough that you've been waiting for so long however no where does the department state that all applications will be completed within "X" amount of time. If they did, you would definitely have grounds for a complaint.

Edited by boo-yaa

1 minute ago, boo-yaa said:

Not sure if you'll have much luck. I know its tough that you've been waiting for so long however no where does the department state that all applications will be completed by "X" amount of time. If they did, you would definitely have grounds for a complaint.

I know but dont have many options. Should i include my personal details when i mail them.

6 hours ago, Hex said:

@@dream_aus Personally, if you have an approval for Dev Programmer, then I would suggest you lodge visa for that. 

If you change to Analyst Programmer, you would risk a delay (nomination would need to be re lodged) and risk of refusal (as to why you changing nomination for the same applicant).  

I strongly recommend you to apply with the occupation same as your skill assessment by acs. They recognize them different occupations through development environment is similar.

1 minute ago, Beingme said:

I know but dont have many options. Should i include my personal details when i mail them.

If you are going to complain, then yes, I would include your details. Otherwise they wont know who you are. Hopefully you get some good news from this.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beingme said:

They might totally ignore the complain but doing something is better than just sitting and praying.

@Beingme Just an FYI - I have heard in the past that complaints typically don't get answered, not unless the wait is at least 2x the said waiting period. 
- If that's true, it means you'd need to wait twice as long as you should (based off their time lines) before anyone will do anything about it. 

2 minutes ago, lulumanda said:

is this the page to make complaint to immigration?I think this page is for AIC agencies (that is, ASIO, ASIS, ASD, AGO, DIO or ONI),not for immigration,see the  advice below:

https://www.igis.gov.au/complaints/tips-and-advice-making-complaint

Yeah unsure why this was shared as does not apply to visa processing times - it is do do with security assessments?!

If you want to make a complaint to immigration there is a link on their website.

I have heard that they do not appreciate complaints regarding processing times - and in turn this just wastes their 'valuable' attention away from visa processing. I have know of many people that have complained - none of which received a response or any progress on their visa.

I know it is dis-heartening in waiting, especially when you see people who applied after you get granted - it is unfair and no one truly knows in what sequence they are working. 

Try not let it be on your mind everyday - try to be positive your time will come 🙂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Beingme Just an FYI - I have heard in the past that complaints typically don't get answered, not unless the wait is at least 2x the said waiting period. 
- If that's true, it means you'd need to wait twice as long as you should (based off their time lines) before anyone will do anything about it. 

Hi @Beingme

I totally feel your pain. This wait is excruciating,  but Hex is right. I spoke with the Department a few weeks ago regarding my application and they advised that they don't have capacity to accelerate a case until it hits double the posted processing time. So, in my case that wouldn't be for another 8 months... 

It is so hard to do, but I really recommend just trying to live your life and ignore this frustrating wait. Think about the things you enjoy. 

• Like 4

on the homeaffair's website they says “If you give feedback(complaint) by telephone or online, we aim to acknowledge your contact within two working days and respond to your feedback within 15 working days.", i made the complaint last week,let me wait for few more days to see if they will respond to me,i will update here

4 minutes ago, lulumanda said:

on the homeaffair's website they says “If you give feedback(complaint) by telephone or online, we aim to acknowledge your contact within two working days and respond to your feedback within 15 working days.", i made the complaint last week,let me wait for few more days to see if they will respond to me,i will update here

Dear , u r file is open or not yet ?

if I m right , it not open and u waiting for last 17 months. Right 

Hi Everyone, 

we have sent to CO the requested document on 5April for 186 visa Direct stream. 

Some people say that my application may go back to the pool. Not sure how it is correct. 

Based on your experience and observations, how long on average it takes from CO to act. 

I have applied end of November 2018 and additional document was requested on 1st of April and provided by the company on 5th of April. 

Thanks for your help

22 minutes ago, Sevka said:

Hi Everyone, 

we have sent to CO the requested document on 5April for 186 visa Direct stream. 

Some people say that my application may go back to the pool. Not sure how it is correct. 

Based on your experience and observations, how long on average it takes from CO to act. 

I have applied end of November 2018 and additional document was requested on 1st of April and provided by the company on 5th of April. 

Thanks for your help

Which PESE was the request from? Did they only request documents for nomination or for both nomination and visa application? And what is your occupation?

5 minutes ago, Fung said:

Which PESE was the request from? Did they only request documents for nomination or for both nomination and visa application? And what is your occupation?

Occupation external auditor 

document requested license or confirmation that I am working under guidance of company registered auditors. 

Not sure whether they asked for nomination or for visa. My MA didn’t disclose.