Hi all, 

I have applied for RSMS as a retail manager in QLD jan 2019. RCB has been approved. But when I was appliying for visa to show 3 years full time experience I have put one year full time experience while I was on student. Please help how it’s gona impact on my visa.

Thankyou  

12 minutes ago, Ramanjaneya said:

Hi all, 

I have applied for RSMS as a retail manager in QLD jan 2019. RCB has been approved. But when I was appliying for visa to show 3 years full time experience I have put one year full time experience while I was on student. Please help how it’s gona impact on my visa.

Thankyou  

Did you actually work full time while on Student Visa? Were you the main applicant? Unless you had a doctorate study visa you are not allowed to work more than 20hrs P/W

31 minutes ago, Ramanjaneya said:

Hi all, 

Thankyou  

@Ramanjaneya This was coincidentally discussed the other day as well. Similar issue where the person didn't meant the 3 year requirement.

From memory, they had to withdraw and reapply as the visa should never have been submitted (not meeting the 3 years requirement) as they never met all requirements. 

I'd suggest you confirm with an MA and act quickly.

Good luck.

Woohooo !!!!!

Finally !!!!
Received the Golden email 10 minutes ago with the Grant. 
Couldn't be more happier. Time to go pop my bottle 🙂
Thank you to all members on this forum.
Your messages and word of support has been keeping me sane all this time except for a moment of desperation a few weeks ago. 
Will try and stay as active as possible to give whatever input I can. 

Time to partaaayyyy.... 🍻

Spreadsheet and Signature updated. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 15

1 hour ago, Woidy said:

I spoke to my MA TODAY. And he told me that. 

@Woidy I would suggest you contact your MA and ask for them to elaborate a little for you.
- I assume, however, that you are likely in the initial / further assessment phase.

image.thumb.png.6245e2adccf3f6bf59e23a78fc595a31.png

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my case:

Occupation: Biotechnologist (assessed my PhD as three years of work experience)

Stream: 186 Direct Entry

Number of applicants: 3

Nomination and visa applied: 27 Feb 2018

IMMI status: Finalised (Nomination granted on 26 Jan 2019, the visa application status was changed to Initial assessment and they asked for evidence of functional English for my partner, we provided her Australian PhD degree, Visa granted today 12 March 2019)

All the best
M.  

• Congratulations 11

7 minutes ago, MZ78 said:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my case:

Occupation: Biotechnologist (assessed my PhD as three years of work experience)

Stream: 186 Direct Entry

Number of applicants: 3

Nomination and visa applied: 27 Feb 2018

IMMI status: Finalised (Nomination granted on 26 Jan 2019, the visa application status was changed to Initial assessment and they asked for evidence of functional English for my partner, we provided her Australian PhD degree, Visa granted today 12 March 2019)

All the best
M.  

Hi MZ78

When did u provide the last document for Partner English?

A10

18 minutes ago, SM6 said:

Woohooo !!!!!

Finally !!!!
Received the Golden email 10 minutes ago with the Grant. 
Couldn't be more happier. Time to go pop my bottle 🙂
Thank you to all members on this forum.
Your messages and word of support has been keeping me sane all this time except for a moment of desperation a few weeks ago. 
Will try and stay as active as possible to give whatever input I can. 

Time to partaaayyyy.... 🍻

Spreadsheet and Signature updated. 

OMG So good ! 

There is no movement from my end ..... frustrating 

12 minutes ago, bigbasin said:

Hi guys, just a question.

boss is considering to promote me to General manager in my company, but I m stucked at the nominated role. 

Should I reapply a new 457? And wait another two years for 186 ?

any advise would be appreciated.

If you move from one role to another, and they are not closely aligned, you have to inform the IMMI. 

If you change roles, you'll likely drop off your 457, and move onto a TSS VISA.

If your new role is not on the Medium-term stream, you will not qualify for the 186 TRT, and if it is, you now must wait 3 years instead of 2 before you can apply. 

If you have been in your current role, on or before April 2017 on a 457 VISA, you should qualify for 186 TRT via the Grandfathering Arrangement. 

I'd think carefully and consult an MA on your situation. 

Edited by Whites.uk
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, M.rvr said:

OMG So good ! 

There is no movement from my end ..... frustrating 

I don't see yours being too far away either my friend. Hang in there. You'll soon be sharing the good news here. 

22 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

If you move from one role to another, and they are not closely aligned, you have to inform the IMMI. 

If you change roles, you'll likely drop off your 457, and move onto a TSS VISA.

If your new role is not on the Medium-term stream, you will not qualify for the 186 TRT, and if it is, you now must wait 3 years instead of 2 before you can apply. 

If you have been in your current role, on or before April 2017 on a 457 VISA, you should qualify for 186 TRT via the Grandfathering Arrangement. 

I'd think carefully and consult an MA on your situation. 

It is so frustrating.

two roles are related and my 457 were granted on March 2016 under grandfathering.

it is just too much concern that there is something wrong if I get promoted!

Who else would do the same role for more than 5 years!  I have been at my current role for 4yrs! 

I just don’t understand the procedures when immigration set up the rules! Too buggy!

Edited by bigbasin

Just now, bigbasin said:

It is so frustrating.

two roles are related and my 457 were granted on March 2016 under grandfathering.

it is just too much concern there is something wrong if I get promoted!

Who else would do the same role for more than 5 years!  I have been at my current roles for 4yrs! 

I just don’t understand the procedures when immigration set up the rules! Too buggy!

@bigbasin I, as well as many others had similar situations.

You need to weight up the good with the bad, I simply couldn't and didn't want to risk anything. My opinion is to get the PR (no matter what it takes), then work on your possible promotions etc. Unless, it's within the same scope, in which case - you could typically still change. You need to judge the risk

Although frustrating, i'd rather have a PR than a promotion that could cause my PR to be rejected, meaning I would lose my job and rights to live here 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, huchshm said:

Hi, I paid VAC2 payment on the 6th of March via immiaccount. Is there anyone knows if I should upload the receipt or contact the department to tell them that I have paid? Thanks.

Hi huchshm

I am now waiting 2 weeks after paying vac2 (within minutes of request). I hvnt seen any case on this forum where any other doc was requested after vac2 invoice.

It seems there is no pattern as to how much time after Vac2 payment the visa will be granted. I hv uploaded the receipt in my immi in "other" docs. Plus the status is still showing "recieved" for me. 

Hard to be patient really

A10

Hi everyone,

Yesterday we've got our PR! 🎉

Here is the timeline:

We applied for both nomination and visa on 28th of February 2018. We've got our nomination approved on 22nd December 2018. On 11 January 2019, we've been requested information regarding Indonesian police check which we updated the following days. On Jan 31st CO contacted MA and said he received documents and sent to the 3rd party to check. We've got our PR on 11 March 2019.

My wife currently out of town and I can not wait for her to come back and celebrate!

I wish everyone good luck and patience.

• Congratulations 13

1 minute ago, A10 said:

Hi huchshm

I am now waiting 2 weeks after paying vac2 (within minutes of request). I hvnt seen any case on this forum where any other doc was requested after vac2 invoice.

It seems there is no pattern as to how much time after Vac2 payment the visa will be granted. I hv uploaded the receipt in my immi in "other" docs. Plus the status is still showing "recieved" for me. 

Hard to be patient really

A10

@A10 Please update your signature with your application / timeline details. 

Hi Everyone! 

Long time lurker, first time posted!

just want to share that we have just received our GOLDEN Email. 

Visa and nomination both approved today. 

Timeline in my signature. 

Can you please update spreadsheet.

May tab under LMC

Thanks to everyone who posts in this forum, your comments have made the journey a bit easier knowing I am. It alone.

good luck 🍀

• Congratulations 10

3 minutes ago, LMC said:

Hi Everyone! 

Long time lurker, first time posted!

just want to share that we have just received our GOLDEN Email. 

Visa and nomination both approved today. 

Timeline in my signature. 

Can you please update spreadsheet.

May tab under LMC

Thanks to everyone who posts in this forum, your comments have made the journey a bit easier knowing I am. It alone.

good luck 🍀

Ooops Typo in my Signature! 

Applied 21/04/2018

thanks

• Congratulations 2