1 minute ago, Eddy101 said:

Whoever who helped me out, thanks so much! ?

you're welcome!! ?

Good luck, and hope Feb applications start being opened, although we could be in for a long wait!!! 

Edited by sbrowne9
added Good luck!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Apparently as long as you have a bridging visa, this is possible. Am planning to apply for one soon too myself, and many here has reassured me that this is possible.

do you know the process to apply for medicare card mate? or if any knows anything please share

16 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

you're welcome!! ?

Good luck, and hope Feb applications start being opened, although we could be in for a long wait!!! 

do you mean this feb 2018 applicatons are processing?? do you know what occupations are being on top.. sorry i haven't been following the forum lately.

9 hours ago, lnicolson said:

2 year WHV (9 months with current employer) 

4 years 457 (same employer) 

Application submitted 27/11/17

further documents requested 16/7/18

visa refused 14/8/18 

training requirments not met.

appeal already in process. Agent believes we have a very good case for appeal due to extenuating circumstances. 

If you’re training isn’t 100% correct, don’t submit it. They are really taking a hard line on training this year. Our accounts showed all the training. Receipts were also issued. Training we were told counted, went against us which was a considerable amount for 2 years. 

If you are doing this by yourself I highly recommend seeing an agent in regards to the training. 

Sh!t day yesterday but nothing else I can do. It’s up to an appeal now. 

Good of luck everyone else! 

hey mate, can you please give more information on training requirements not being met. what could have gone wrong ??

11 minutes ago, W4V said:

hey mate, can you please give more information on training requirements not being met. what could have gone wrong ??

This is from my agent this morning. 

5.       Reason for refusal:  Did not meet the Training Benchmark B requirement for one of the years

The Training Benchmark rules have changed over recent years, and what was once acceptable (average the years of the approved SBS) now appears no longer to be acceptable.  You can no longer ‘turn back the clock’ and make up the difference.  This lack of flexibility is causing a great deal of angst for many employers  with files still pending.  Our clients have always been able to ‘make up the difference’ in previous years.

• Sad 3

HI Guys a quick question i have applied TRT in march 2018 and i have been told that i could apply temporary "MEDICARE CARD" while in processing time is it true? has anyone applied for it or should we wait for caseofficer to give green signal to apply for it?

Yes you are eligible to apply it. They will give you blue one for temporary once you grant your visa they will change it into green one which is permanent .
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, W4V said:

do you know the process to apply for medicare card mate? or if any knows anything please share

Hey Dear. 

I recently applied for PR and got my Interim Medicare Card Number.. Card is on its way... i have cancelled the private insurance even my bridging visa is not active. 

check below the medicare site and visit any medicare office to apply in person. 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/who-can-get-medicare-card/39456 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys anyone have an idea how long it’s take to get visa approved after nomination approval 

my timeline 11 July nomination approved trt cook 

docouments requested for visa same day

6th of August all docouments provide to CO 

after that no news .?this wait is killing me ?

anyone on same boat?pls share ur timelines 

Dear All

Dec 17 applicant, file now open and CO allocated - request for AFP for my adult daughter that was submitted by MA as a decision ready application and Evidence of English Language ability  for myself, partner and two adult children again all docs were submitted in Dec ? Have sent docs to MA and have asked them to resubmit within 28 days - lets see how long that will take 

Keep holding thumbs for ALL of us 

40 minutes ago, Kareer said:

Hi guys anyone have an idea how long it’s take to get visa approved after nomination approval 

my timeline 11 July nomination approved trt cook 

docouments requested for visa same day

6th of August all docouments provide to CO 

after that no news .?this wait is killing me ?

anyone on same boat?pls share ur timelines 

I feel ya, 2 weeks now since Nom approved and no news

2 hours ago, lnicolson said:

5.       Reason for refusal:  Did not meet the Training Benchmark B requirement for one of the years

The Training Benchmark rules have changed over recent years, and what was once acceptable (average the years of the approved SBS) now appears no longer to be acceptable.  You can no longer ‘turn back the clock’ and make up the difference.  This lack of flexibility is causing a great deal of angst for many employers  with files still pending.  Our clients have always been able to ‘make up the difference’ in previous years.

So what your lawyer said now. Any hope to win in aat. 

3 hours ago, lnicolson said:

Hi mate,sorry for the bad news.According to agent,did you pay all the training fee in once?I have been told that the training fee must paid yearly,that is the requirement you need to comply otherwise your nomination could be refused,but of course,it depends on the co. 

30 minutes ago, Hell’sKitcheN said:

Hi mate,sorry for the bad news.According to agent,did you pay all the training fee in once?I have been told that the training fee must paid yearly,that is the requirement you need to comply otherwise your nomination could be refused,but of course,it depends on the co. 

We paid our training fees yearly. The problem was a shortage in one year. We don’t have any full time Australians working for us and the owners, both Australian citizens don’t count for training any longer like the previously did which is where we fell short as the discounted some of the training from them. 

2 hours ago, Jai12 said:

So what your lawyer said now. Any hope to win in aat. 

Very positive in taking it to the AAT. 

We are rural WA and a small full time working team so it’s extremely difficult for us to leave to do training, what with staffing and owners having children. The lack of interest in the job positions when advertised frim Australians didn’t help us with meeting the training requirements. Our staff are very transient and generally backpackers. 

My agent advised this today....

The Administrative Appeals Tribunal is able to take into account extraneous issues, such as isolation, the lack of Australian staff and the lack of opportunity for training.” 

Hi All,

I have applied for 186 Visa and I am still waiting to receive the granted. However, I received a promotion today, on which will change my job title and I will have more responsibilities but this promotion is in the same area, doesn`t change the accountability. Could you tell me the impact of this on my process, please?