1 minute ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi SAD87,

so I just called Bupa and asked them and they said Bupa is not able to call immigration and will not do it and we need to get this HAP ID by ourselves.

If you got your new HAP ID please let me know the complete process .

Thank you

Forgive my ignorance here (if i'm wrong), but couldn't you simply go into your immigration login --> request a new medical --> choose which one is required --> and get a new HAP ID generated to take with you to BUPA? They then (after the medical) upload it and attach it to the visa application? 

- I may be missing something here, please feel free to correct me? 

50 minutes ago, Hex said:

Forgive my ignorance here (if i'm wrong), but couldn't you simply go into your immigration login --> request a new medical --> choose which one is required --> and get a new HAP ID generated to take with you to BUPA? They then (after the medical) upload it and attach it to the visa application? 

- I may be missing something here, please feel free to correct me? 

Hi Hex,

the problem is that because we have done our Medical once and got the refusal  before the new application, the Medical is still sitting in the system and we are not able to get a new HAP ID unless case officer opens and gives us a new one. 

I just called immigration, he said we should wait till case officer opens and requires it and he is not able to give us a new HAP ID!!!

17 hours ago, Tiziana said:

My husband sand an email to immigration and they says the same to us

decidion maker allocated

was November 2018 and we are still waiting

Hi Tiziana,

Do I remember it right and were you planning to leave? And are you still planning to?

I am waiting almost as long as you and honestly losing hope every month again. It is hard to stay positive!

are you or your migration agent doing anything? Like follow up email or something? 

Mine says just to wait as we waste their resources by contacting them 😏

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@Whites.uk To reiterate what I said earlier. 

- What is the harm if you are simply importing, for personal viewing / upkeep. It's your application, if something goes wrong with it, due to information logged by your MA,  who's it going to affect more? 

Personally, I did it on my case and did find (on two cases) that some information was incorrect. I didn't change anything, but I called my MA and he made the adjustments. 
- Had I not had access, a CO would have either rejected the application, or extended the wait by asking us to "correct" the information. It seems with many / most MA's, we need to "babysit" them. 

Hello Hex,

I also noticed that some information was incorrect due to typo error. May I know how did MA correct the error? As far as I am aware there is no way for them to change the information after submitted other than using an 1023 Notification of incorrect answers form. Is that what you MA did? I am hesitating in doing this as it was just a minor small typo of a date of my past living period addresses many years ago, a non-important questions at all.

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@Ovi If you read your "conditions" on your application, you'll see it states you need to update immigration on any changes in circumstances, including address change and or work changes. So yes - you need to let them know 🙂 

- If this is the same company, with same ARN's etc, then it should make no difference. (Imagine immigration arriving for a surprise visit at the NewCastle address and you don't "work there").

Thanks hex ... company's everything is same just I moved to Sydney. But will it be a problem if I don't update because my nomination was from Newcastle or it doesn't really matter in which store I work because the company is same?

1 hour ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi Hex,

the problem is that because we have done our Medical once and got the refusal  before the new application, the Medical is still sitting in the system and we are not able to get a new HAP ID unless case officer opens and gives us a new one. 

I just called immigration, he said we should wait till case officer opens and requires it and he is not able to give us a new HAP ID!!!

I understand that they "Immi dept" can't give you a new HAP ID, but am curious to know why you couldn't just make a new medical application (through the Immi site), for the visa required. 

Then once done, BUPA would update your visa process with results.
- I might be missing something here though, has someone done a new medical before, surely you don't need to wait for the request from a CO to do this? (what if you'd like to be proactive).

46 minutes ago, Aron said:

Hello Hex,

I also noticed that some information was incorrect due to typo error. May I know how did MA correct the error? As far as I am aware there is no way for them to change the information after submitted other than using an 1023 Notification of incorrect answers form. Is that what you MA did? I am hesitating in doing this as it was just a minor small typo of a date of my past living period addresses many years ago, a non-important questions at all.

@Aaron In my case, it was information on documents that were incorrect (and a missing file needed).

- So the MA, simply updated the document(s) in question and attached the missing file.

Remember that until the CO is assigned, updating information should have no impact on the case - as no one has looked at it yet. 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

I understand that they "Immi dept" can't give you a new HAP ID, but am curious to know why you couldn't just make a new medical application (through the Immi site), for the visa required. 

Then once done, BUPA would update your visa process with results.
- I might be missing something here though, has someone done a new medical before, surely you don't need to wait for the request from a CO to do this? (what if you'd like to be proactive).

As I said before, Because our last medical is still in the system with last HAP ID and it shows No action required.So we cannot generate a new code.Immigration has to give us a new code.I'm trying to do this before CO opens our application to avoid any delay after ,but Immigration says we should wait till case officer opens it and give us a new HAP ID and they cannot do this in advance.

19 minutes ago, Ovi said:

Thanks hex ... company's everything is same just I moved to Sydney. But will it be a problem if I don't update because my nomination was from Newcastle or it doesn't really matter in which store I work because the company is same?

@Ovi Company nomination and your visa and 2 completely separate applications. 

As they specifically say to update any and all information (and they point out address), I would suggest to update it. 

- Think of the scenario I mentioned earlier:
Immi decide to do a site visit (as they have with others) and go to the wrong address, then get told you don't work there - but at a different branch.
I'd hate to assume that would mean an immediate rejection, but who knows. Also - why risk it for such a small piece of information?  

1 minute ago, SAJ.N said:

As I said before, Because our last medical is still in the system with last HAP ID and it shows No action required.So we cannot generate a new code.Immigration has to give us a new code.I'm trying to do this before CO opens our application to avoid any delay after ,but Immigration says we should wait till case officer opens it and give us a new HAP ID and they cannot do this in advance.

@SAJ.N I understand that you have medicals in the system still, that's the point of getting them updated. Once updated, they should overwrite / replace the ones you have. 

- If that's what Immi say and you're happy with the answer, then so be it. I personally, would contact my MA or try make a new medical application myself. 
The first medical exam was created by you (at least we did our first one), whereby we created a new "medical" application. Once the completion on that, BUPA uploaded the results. 

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Aaron In my case, it was information on documents that were incorrect (and a missing file needed).

- So the MA, simply updated the document(s) in question and attached the missing file.

Remember that until the CO is assigned, updating information should have no impact on the case - as no one has looked at it yet. 

Hi Hex, thanks for the information, will check with my MA.

8 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

I am in exactly the same situation as you @SAJ.N and our MA told us that we need to wait as there is an option that we won't even have to redo it. 

We chose to wait.

Morning guys 

I am sure I read somewhere in this forum that expired police checks won’t hold up the grant ?

my nomination has been approved but my AFP has expired.

it expired just after the CO looked at my file and saw I needed a new NZ police check 🤨.

conversations with my MA and he’s advised me to apply for another one. Hes assures me that case officers don’t stay with files anymore. If they request more documents it goes back into the pool and a new CO will pick it up and look through it with all the new documents. This essentially means there interpretation and requirements may be different to the initial CO. Very very frustrating. 

My medical is expiring also I’m so annoyed it’s unreal. 

• Sad 3

39 minutes ago, natmis said:

I am in exactly the same situation as you @SAJ.N and our MA told us that we need to wait as there is an option that we won't even have to redo it. 

We chose to wait.

@natmis | @SAJ.N

The only downside to this is time / delay. 

Ideally, they won't ask for anything but if they do - it just adds to the waiting period. 

Also - I've see many CO's are happy to let medicals that are within 3 months slide, however, i'd be curious if they allow one that's 6 months expired pass. 

Good luck, i'm sure it'll be fine. 

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Morning guys 

I am sure I read somewhere in this forum that expired police checks won’t hold up the grant ?

my nomination has been approved but my AFP has expired.

it expired just after the CO looked at my file and saw I needed a new NZ police check 🤨.

conversations with my MA and he’s advised me to apply for another one. Hes assures me that case officers don’t stay with files anymore. If they request more documents it goes back into the pool and a new CO will pick it up and look through it with all the new documents. This essentially means there interpretation and requirements may be different to the initial CO. Very very frustrating. 

My medical is expiring also I’m so annoyed it’s unreal. 

@Friskycharmer

I heard this exact same thing - in fact I experienced it as well (I dealt with 2 different CO's).
- I heard back from immi 3 times (1st - CO #1 | 2nd - CO #2 | 3rd - CO #2) 

- Apparently, there are now "teams" of CO's allocated to a "set" of applications. I picture it as a room of *8 people sitting around a pile of paper in the middle of them! 

Once an application gets reviewed and (not granted) additional information gets requested - this goes back into the pile to be reviewed within 35 days (hopefully).
At that time, whoever puts their hand into the pile to get the next application (which would be yours) would review the application (and the notes made from the previous CO) and then request anything they feel the first CO missed, or approve. It's a lottery. 

The joys! 

Edited by Hex

3 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi SAD87,

so I just called Bupa and asked them and they said Bupa is not able to call immigration and will not do it and we need to get this HAP ID by ourselves.

If you got your new HAP ID please let me know the complete process .

Thank you

I am of the opinion they are definitely trying to avoid people using previous HAP ID's to update their medicals.

I was in the BUPA centre yesterday to do my medical. Previous medical expired sept 18 and my nomination was approved at the weekend. So I just presumed immigration would request updated medicals and decided I would proceed in booking mine using the old HAP ID. When I arrived met by a woman to log in, who explained they need an updated HAP ID. She went off and 10 minutes later came back with a new HAP ID that they had got after calling immigration who had generated one for me apparently while they we on the phone. The Bupa rep also confirmed they had a direct line to immigration.

I proceeded with the medical under the new HAP IP. That afternoon my status changed to initial assessment with new police checks and a medical for myself but not my partner. Who's was also expired sept 18. I believe had I not done my medical in the morning I wouldn't have been asked to update my medical. 😞 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TYR21 said:

I am of the opinion they are definitely trying to avoid people using previous HAP ID's to update their medicals.

I was in the BUPA centre yesterday to do my medical. Previous medical expired sept 18 and my nomination was approved at the weekend. So I just presumed immigration would request updated medicals and decided I would proceed in booking mine using the old HAP ID. When I arrived met by a woman to log in, who explained they need an updated HAP ID. She went off and 10 minutes later came back with a new HAP ID that they had got after calling immigration who had generated one for me apparently while they we on the phone. The Bupa rep also confirmed they had a direct line to immigration.

I proceeded with the medical under the new HAP IP. That afternoon my status changed to initial assessment with new police checks and a medical for myself but not my partner. Who's was also expired sept 18. I believe had I not done my medical in the morning I wouldn't have been asked to update my medical. 😞 

Maybe I need to get down to Bupa and make some calls on that phone 🕵️‍♂️ 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suusz said:

Hi Tiziana,

Do I remember it right and were you planning to leave? And are you still planning to?

I am waiting almost as long as you and honestly losing hope every month again. It is hard to stay positive!

are you or your migration agent doing anything? Like follow up email or something? 

Mine says just to wait as we waste their resources by contacting them 😏

Hi we are still waiting and feeling like you hopeless 

but I really pray that don’t gonna take more than 2 years 

we applied without MA

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mariana said:

How do we know when a CO has been assigned to any application?

@Mariana To answer this bluntly - they'll make contact 🙂 

Typically, you'll know from one of the following:
- Your nomination / application will be approved / updated.
- You'll be asked for some additional information.
- Your application will be updated to a new status (Received --> Initial / Further assessment. 

Basically, something will happen on your case and you will see that the application's "last updated" date change. 

Ideally, you'll know when they simply approve the application and nomination at the same time 😛 

12 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Mariana To answer this bluntly - they'll make contact 🙂 

Typically, you'll know from one of the following:
- Your nomination / application will be approved / updated.
- You'll be asked for some additional information.
- Your application will be updated to a new status (Received --> Initial / Further assessment. 

Basically, something will happen on your case and you will see that the application's "last updated" date change. 

Ideally, you'll know when they simply approve the application and nomination at the same time 😛 

Hex when my nomination was approved it didn’t update. Also when the case office requested more docs it didn’t update.

so every case is different I think. 

4 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Hex when my nomination was approved it didn’t update. Also when the case office requested more docs it didn’t update.

so every case is different I think. 

@Friskycharmer

I should be clear here - the nomination and visa are separate to each other. 

I'm certain when your nomination was approved, your nomination status was updated, right? Same applies for the Visa application. 

This was assumed, sorry I should have been clearer - you can't have an approved nomination without it being updated and visa versa for the visa 🙂

Each on their own merit. 

just got an email from my MA: 

"

Good news! 

Please note that the Department of Home Affairs have approved the nomination side of your permanent residency application. We have sent this on to your sponsor.

What this means is they will now move to assessing your corresponding visa application. We will let you know as soon as we have any news on your visa application. This may be soon, however we cannot guarantee this as the PR section seem to be processing a lot of nominations at the moment.

"

I'm guessing that means I'm being assessed now.  Hurray
Do I need to update anything in my signature?

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 7

Just now, Hex said:

@Friskycharmer

I should be clear here - the nomination and visa are separate to each other. 

I'm certain when your nomination was approved, your nomination status was updated, right? Same applies for the Visa application. 

This was assumed, sorry I should have been clearer - you can't have an approved nomination without it being updated and visa versa for the visa 🙂

Each on their own merit. 

I wouldn’t be able to see that as my MA only has access to that. 

As for my visa it’s not been updated at all still says the lodged date and received even though I’ve been requested To submit docs