Finally our visa has been approved! It is 28 days after nomination got approval. ma email and call dibp this morning and visa be granted this afternoon. Not sure has direct connection but anyway the wait is over. Hope everyone in this forum has best luck and believe all of you can get the visa eventually!

btw since I am overseas, can anyone help me update the spreadsheet? My nomination applied on 2 sep and visa on 4 sep, cheers!

Congrats Longy

Our nomination was approved today. Applied on 28/09/2014. I will update the details on the spreadsheet. Now fingers crossed for a speedy visa approval. Nothing left to do but wait...

hi congrats on the nomination approval, why did you decide to put in your application aswell? don't you have to wait until the nomination is approved then you apply? just submitted my nomination yesterday sure I have months of waiting to come!

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Byron

I have just replied. Our internet is on a go slow due to the Cyclones. I will remove my posts from here now whilst we discuss this off the board. Thank you for making contact

I have just been advised by one of our staff members that the people who set up this spreadsheet are not willing to work with Pomsinoz and wish to have their own site. Therefore we will no longer be promoting this spreadsheet on the forum. If anyone else would like to create a spreadsheet for this category without turning it in to a money making venture please contact me and we can work together to get this up and running again as the spreadsheets are very helpful to all members.

Guest The Pom Queen

It may be wise to read what I posted. I offered last night to work alongside Byron he advised our staff member today that he didn't want to and he was going to be bigger and better than Pomsinoz, so please feel free to PM me and explain why I should allow a competitor to advertise their forum on my site, when we spend over $150,000 a year on advertising costs and they come here and ask for it for free.

Also it may be wise for you all to read the forum rules which have been in existence since the forum first started

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/91456-forum-rules-guidelines.html

Please take note of these three rules.

1. Should you have any issues with a moderator, then you should,in the first instance,attempt to resolve the issue via off-forum correspondence (email/PM) with the moderator concerned, however, please do this in a polite manner and note that personally abusing moderators will not be tolerated in these circumstances, alternatively you may prefer to resolve the matter by contacting the site administrator.
  2. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but must not be placed in the public forums or on the visitor message board, any such threads will be removed by admin/mods and infractions may be issued. Abusing moderators will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.

And

1. Postings that are deliberately designed with the intention of driving traffic to a member's site, affiliated sites or other social networking sites/forums will be removed or edited, as the moderator(s) feels appropriate. Before posting these type of links please contact the administratorif in doubt.

Guest The Pom Queen
I appreciate PIO decision. Good luck all. Best wishes to you all and especially Kate. Life is short.

No problem at all Byron and we wish you every success in your new venture

hi congrats on the nomination approval, why did you decide to put in your application aswell? don't you have to wait until the nomination is approved then you apply? just submitted my nomination yesterday sure I have months of waiting to come!

Hi thelaurakate,

We placed our visa application 1 month after the nomination. Technically, you don't have to wait to submit your application until the nomination is approved. You can (and a lot of people do) even submit your application on the same day as your nomination or any time after that. But I know that some people choose to wait until the nomination is approved for a number of different reasons. Such as, they don't want to risk the hefty application fees in the case of the nomination is refused. Or they are not in a rush and don't mind waiting a little longer.

We decided not to wait. One of the reasons was that our visa was about to expire at the end of November and we had to apply to get a bridging visa. Also, my partner's work have sponsored a number of people in the past and they were submitting another 457 visa at the same time with our 186, so we didn't really have any reason to worry about the outcome and losing our application fees. And, we just didn't wanna wait 4+ months for nomination and then another 4+ months for our PR. In hindsight, I wish we'd applied on the same day as our nomination - the waiting is killing me!

We didn't use a MA and we are in Victoria, in case you're wondering.

OMG.....Submitted all required Documents Before 3 weeks ago still No Further Contact ..i dont know How They Work?

I'm not sure anyone knows how this new system works.

28 days after request for more documents your file is eligible for review. This does not mean your file will be reviewed after 28 days but it does mean that it should be reviewed in the near future.

As frustrating as it is we just all have to wait. It seems that processing times have increased for everyone.

Dear all,

Just got email from MA that my nomination was approved on last Friday (20th Feb). I was requested to pay the 2nd visa application charge because my wife didn't get enough IELTS score. I've just made the payment. Hope the other approval letter will come soon! Thank God!

Steven

Hi Steven, I am in the same situation my wife is not able to get IELTS score.

Did you still attached IELTS certificate with lower then required score in it or you did not submit anything for your wife?

We knew from the very beginning that she would not be able to pass it at this stage, so she did not sit IELTS exam at all....

Hi Steven, I am in the same situation my wife is not able to get IELTS score.

Did you still attached IELTS certificate with lower then required score in it or you did not submit anything for your wife?

We knew from the very beginning that she would not be able to pass it at this stage, so she did not sit IELTS exam at all....

Hi Jenya,

There are other ways to prove functional english for dependents. Did you try getting certificates of English as Medium of Instruction from your wife's school?

http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english.aspx