What life really like to live in Queensland?

Suzannecopps

People Moving to Queensland ,be warned,don't go spending all your money on expensive rentals.Jobs are hard to find We are retired and live on the sunshine coast.It's a holiday place,and a overated one at that. Not a Place for Good Highly Paid Jobs. Infact just been reading today in the Local Paper,30,000 people have left Townsville ,and move South. Because Of the Shortage of work. And Mines and the Coal seam gas companies closures.The News in general for the Australian economy is very grim,Let's not beat about the bush here.The Treasure On the TV this morning Is Predicting Australia's Debt,To Be $100 Billion by next year,if big cuts are not made.Austerity is on the way,for a very long time.The Liberals we in Office For The Longest time of the Resources Boom when it was at it's peak.And the wasted it,and refused to diversify,and create new jobs when the mining boom ended.They even refused to tax the miners.the Correct tax.Noe they think by Spending $348 Billion on Building New Obsolete Diesel Powered Submarines,is going to Produce high tech jobs.Yet on Insight SBS TV on wednesday night. They say 44 % of Australians are semi illiterate.And Australian Schools are not up to standard to other first world countries.Students leaving school at 17 are unemployable.they cant read or write.Eficiente enough to get a job.

Not much on tv tonight so needed some entertainment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been Her 35 Years Mate. And They Don't get away with it with me.nobody calls anyone a bastard where i came from.And some of these Morons think it's alright. Well it's not. They Even Had A poll on the Net not long ago.The Question was. Is it Alright To Call Poms. Pommy Bastards?. The Poll Agreed in their Thousands.You Think It's funny ? I don't.

People Moving to Queensland ,be warned,don't go spending all your money on expensive rentals.Jobs are hard to find We are retired and live on the sunshine coast.It's a holiday place,and a overated one at that. Not a Place for Good Highly Paid Jobs. Infact just been reading today in the Local Paper,30,000 people have left Townsville ,and move South. Because Of the Shortage of work. And Mines and the Coal seam gas companies closures.The News in general for the Australian economy is very grim,Let's not beat about the bush here.The Treasure On the TV this morning Is Predicting Australia's Debt,To Be $100 Billion by next year,if big cuts are not made.Austerity is on the way,for a very long time.The Liberals we in Office For The Longest time of the Resources Boom when it was at it's peak.And the wasted it,and refused to diversify,and create new jobs when the mining boom ended.They even refused to tax the miners.the Correct tax.Noe they think by Spending $348 Billion on Building New Obsolete Diesel Powered Submarines,is going to Produce high tech jobs.Yet on Insight SBS TV on wednesday night. They say 44 % of Australians are semi illiterate.And Australian Schools are not up to standard to other first world countries.Students leaving school at 17 are unemployable.they cant read or write.Eficiente enough to get a job.

Glad to see the submarines got a mention again!

Not sure what you do but if you work shifts and weekends that can have an impact on your social life.Most meet and greets and invites to BBQs were weekends.If I was working I missed out then again the wife was loving it,partying and without me :smile: