Drinking water

Franklin

Hello all,

Does anyone here familiar with drinking water filter system?

I visit this public library often and just realised the weird taste of the water. As we all know, water filter is meant to filter unwanted substances. Does anyone know what is the short or long term side effect from drinking from expired water filter?

Does anyone here have experience with this or maybe a professional? Any thought will be appreciated, thanks.

Pics:

https://postimg.org/image/8eqiz2gmp/

https://postimg.org/image/6o7hxkz3l/

No more Risky than Drinking Tap Water. Straight from the Tap. We Prefer Tank Water. Drank it for the Last 35 Years. The Aussies haven't yet worked out how much and what chemicals they have to add to the the main drinking supply.And it's TERRIBLE

Hello all,

Does anyone here familiar with drinking water filter system?

I visit this public library often and just realised the weird taste of the water. As we all know, water filter is meant to filter unwanted substances. Does anyone know what is the short or long term side effect from drinking from expired water filter?

Does anyone here have experience with this or maybe a professional? Any thought will be appreciated, thanks.

Pics:

https://postimg.org/image/8eqiz2gmp/

https://postimg.org/image/6o7hxkz3l/

If you don't change the filter it can become a repository for bad stuff like bacteria, or it will just do nothing.

Yeah you need to change the filter otherwise it's just a collection of years worth of gunk and stops acting as a filter. Re drinking water generally, there are a number of factors here that require careful treatment of reservoir water, not least toxic algal blooms, very high sediment concentrations, dissolved metals, etc.

Harvested rainwater can often give you a better standard of water, as long as the tank is sealed and there is no risk of bacterial contamination (e.g. bird poo, animal entry).

Our tap water quality in SE QLD is the best I have had. Just as well as I drink more of it here.

In Surrey it was barely adequate and undrinkable in Portsmouth/Gosport I found.

Here I can pour a glass of water and it is still good to drink the following day. In Surrey I couldn't do that as it would taste worse the longer it was left before drinking.

We are not keen on Brisbane water, will drink it but not great. In UK we were subject to the most iron rich water I've ever seen coming from Tunbridge Wells, sometimes would come out of the tap a rusty colour and would destroy immersion heaters etc in a matter of months. TW water made Ribena taste amazing!

We have got to get a new kitchen fitted and plumbed at some point and will include a waster filter and likely one of those boiling water taps too.

S

Back in 2014, me and my best mate were suffering of very intense headaches. We thought it was just something casual and a coincidence, but It happened repeatedly so we started troubleshooting and realized it was caused from a water filtered tap in one of Perth's TAFE next to our classroom.

So ye, that little fountain was always overloaded of water, looked like due to service. Probably bacteria built up, filters weren't changed in a while and water was probably worst that straight tap water.

I have to confess, water in Perth, I believe in whole Australia, is very fresh and pleasant to drink. Due high standards of quality & control, we are very fortunate to enjoy a very good tap water. I drink it at work and at home, tastes better than most bottled waters.

Recently I red online (can't remember where exactly), where it was explained that bottled water, opposite from what we think, might be less healthy as water comes in contact with the plastic of the just produced plastic bottle. When tap water has been treated and brought to a very safe human consumption level. Just taste it by yourself, is sooooo delicious. I am out to drink some from the tap :)

Back in the UK I often wondered if my insides were being furred up with limestone deposits, like the kettle and washing machine. Much prefer not having that same problem here.

Ha ha ... I used to think that too!

On the whole Perth tap water is very drinkable, but some mornings when I turn the tap on to fill the kettle I get a very strong smell of chlorine, and tea made with that tastes disgusting. So I just let the tap run for a few minutes to clear and all is well. I drink water constantly through the day and go out armed with my stainless steel drinking bottle. I do have a Brita filter jug and all my drinking water is filtered through this.... and I change the filter regularly. Very rarely do I buy bottled water.... such a con and un-necessary in my view.

I am considering a kitchen refit next year, and actually have been thinking about a filter tap... be interested to hear what others have to say about the different types available and their efficiency.

Ha ha ... I used to think that too!

On the whole Perth tap water is very drinkable, but some mornings when I turn the tap on to fill the kettle I get a very strong smell of chlorine, and tea made with that tastes disgusting. So I just let the tap run for a few minutes to clear and all is well. I drink water constantly through the day and go out armed with my stainless steel drinking bottle. I do have a Brita filter jug and all my drinking water is filtered through this.... and I change the filter regularly. Very rarely do I buy bottled water.... such a con and un-necessary in my view.

I am considering a kitchen refit next year, and actually have been thinking about a filter tap... be interested to hear what others have to say about the different types available and their efficiency.

why a filter?they are just a con, water should be excellent through the tap in any devoloped country

why a filter?they are just a con, water should be excellent through the tap in any devoloped country

Because it tastes better. I used a Brita for a long time but switched about a year ago to something called zero water which is way better. I will happily drink tap water over bottled water, but filtered tastes infinitely better.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk