eu referendum update

bunbury61

Maybe other countries will also leave now. There has to be a first one. Anyone who was doing alright, good job, good car nice house was certain they would stay in but to have a lot there has to be a lot without and they have the vote.

Whatever the final result the worst outcome would be a clear national split with the Scots, Welsh and Irish voting a clear Remain and an England majority voting Leave. Better for the future of a united UK if all vote the same way.

Welsh voted to leave .. which shocked me.

There has to be a 2nd referendum now for Scotland but the EU is going to be damaged as much as the UK so seeking refuge there may not help much.

On a personal level I saw this coming and changed most of my money beforehand though unfortunately my pension is stuck in the UK. But I feel for those stuck in the UK to be left with people who aspire for the UK to be just like Norway or Iceland.

Now we will see if all the prophets of doom were right.

I couldnt cope with another no vote haha but i know quite a few people who voted no in regards to staying in the uk. So maybe this is a game changer. I guess we will see how this plays out for the whole of the uk. I joked that it might be nice to see david cameron resign but i dislike nigel farage a looooot more.

Maybe other countries will also leave now. There has to be a first one. Anyone who was doing alright, good job, good car nice house was certain they would stay in but to have a lot there has to be a lot without and they have the vote.

In the crash of 1929 some of the rich took a kicking initially but it was the working man and the poor who had to endure the resulting depression and the rise of fascism. There are worrying parallels.

Not shocked to wake up here in Belgium to the Brexit. I asked my british mates and all of them wanted out.

I wonder which country is going to be next? Plenty of people here in Belgium would like Belgium out, but I don't think they would have the balls to vote out...

I would, and then I would pi$$ off to Australia :biglaugh:

The only question is whether or not the EU breaks up before Scotland can break away and join it.

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing. I'd just rather not go through another ten years of GFC at my age.

For those who dodged it in Australia who have recently returned, it wasn't much fun.

Sure we will rise from the ashes. But we will get burnt first.

Fortunately my kids aren't about to leave school. Another five years till they hit the workforce, so hopefully the economy can recover by then.

Well the OAP vote swung it, that and those who have not seen anything from the uptick in the economy, now that the xenophobia is out of Pandora ' s box how long before the demands for all the EU workers to be sent back.

Saw one of the underlings in the leave campaign at 5.45 who went off message immediately and started back pedalling on bringing immigration down and how all the EU workers can stay and stuttering about when the new money would start flowing to the NHS, so there are soon going to be lots of tears, although they are already talking about all the EU red tape that can be scrapped, bye bye holiday entitlements, hello more zero hours contracts.

Well I suppose you have to look on the bright side, we'll have the court jester as prime minister , that'll be good for a few laughs and bloody hell we are going to need them

:arghh:.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

The only question is whether or not the EU breaks up before Scotland can break away and join it.

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing. I'd just rather not go through another ten years of GFC at my age.

For those who dodged it in Australia who have recently returned, it wasn't much fun.

Sure we will rise from the ashes. But we will get burnt first.

Fortunately my kids aren't about to leave school. Another five years till they hit the workforce, so hopefully the economy can recover by then.

I am by nature pessimistic, you'd never guess would you, but I'm afraid this might trigger more upheaval than imagined and it might be the beginning of terminal decline, if the money industry relocates and the car industry does then there is nothing left as far as I can see.

Guest The Pom Queen
Everything has just gone up 10%.

That will be good for the country.

Wonder when the first round of redundancy will start.

Who was the guy who worked in currency markets? Bibbs or something like that? Care to offer an explanation?

Not Bibbs its @John from Moneycorp

There are similar conflicts you can describe all over Britain. Wales wanted it, Scotland didn't. London wanted in, the rest of England didn't. Older people wanted out (and have less time to live with the decision), younger people didn't.

The key for an incoming government is how best to heal the nation again to work towards an exit. The last thing anyone wants is the fault lines this referendum has opened up to widen.

There are similar conflicts you can describe all over Britain. Wales wanted it, Scotland didn't. London wanted in, the rest of England didn't. Older people wanted out (and have less time to live with the decision), younger people didn't.

The key for an incoming government is how best to heal the nation again to work towards an exit. The last thing anyone wants is the fault lines this referendum has opened up to widen.

Indeed very divided country.