Moving back to the uk...advice

Rach

Hi all,

I am a Pom, married to an Aussie.

we moved here six years ago, first to Sydney then the last two years on the Gold Coast. I've now got dual citizenship.

weve had two kids during that time and whilst I've muddled along, I've been homesick the entire time. Coupled with thus my aging parents and breeding siblings, I'm desperate to return home.

finally my husband has agreed to move back.

has anyone here done the move? How did you go getting your spouse the British visa?

are there any big ticket items to consider that might not be obvious?

for those who have made the move, is it what you expected? Every trip home, I've been in heaven.

thanks in advance.

The visa will require you to have a job paying at least £18.5k a year or £62k of funds in the bank. These funds have to have been in the bank for 12 months unless it is from the sale of a house.

The other big things are shipping.

One important point to consider is location. Don't just move back to your home town. Research it as if you had never lived in the UK. Look at jobs and things and which areas are best for you.

Delve into your DH's ancestry first - does he have a UK born parent or grandparent perhaps because then he could be citizen by descent or get an Ancestry visa. If not that then look to see if there is any Irish or other European ancestry which might get him a passport. Failing that it'll be up to you to get a well paying job and sponsor him but the spouse visa does have (negative) implications for you as a family accessing any government funding. Good luck, it's a tough gig getting a non EU spouse back into UK unless you are very well heeled.