Why are so many people dying in the UK ?

Parley

An interesting and disturbing development for people in the UK.

I wonder why it is happening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35589564

At last Osborne's austerity cure all is working, no need to start rebuilding the workhouses, they're just just dying from natural causes, no inquests, none of it traceable back to tory policies.

Britain is for the first time going backwards in life span for poorer people. This has not happened since the Victorian era. With cutbacks and worse the stigmatisation of those on welfare payments all contribute towards decline.

The figures would be more akin to African despot regimes. A whole 34.2 years difference between a poor woman and one of privilege living in UK. Shame on that nation.

Britain is for the first time going backwards in life span for poorer people. This has not happened since the Victorian era. With cutbacks and worse the stigmatisation of those on welfare payments all contribute towards decline.

The figures would be more akin to African despot regimes. A whole 34.2 years difference between a poor woman and one of privilege living in UK. Shame on that nation.

What? Where did you get this info Flag? If fact, it is appalling.

3.7 million children live in poverty and 64% of those are from families where at least one parent works. The number of children in absolute poverty has increased by 500,000 since 2010.

The life chances, personally, professionally and healthwise are so much lower for these children. It's disgraceful. Shame indeed.

3.7 million children live in poverty and 64% of those are from families where at least one parent works. The number of children in absolute poverty has increased by 500,000 since 2010.

The life chances, personally, professionally and healthwise are so much lower for these children. It's disgraceful. Shame indeed.

I'm afraid the modern economic system, slavishly being followed in a number of countries, especially Anglo speaking, must take a large degree of responsibility. I do recall gentler times in the mid seventies to early eighties I believe, when the opposite was true.

Unfortunately we are seeing the re-establishment of the Tory establishment that was weakened by the 1st WW and then swept away by the 2nd, it took 40 years for the political, eduactional and financial elites to coalesce and regain their power, you have not seen such a preponderance of self interested upper class twits since before the 1stWW and that is where they want to drag the country back to.

I'm even starting to think that even Aus pollies are better than this bunch of sh*t*.

There's been an increase in fatal road traffic incidents over the past few years in the area that I live, so this could reflect nationally. Also, deaths due to the use of legal highs has increased significantly over the past few years, as has suicide. I assume these would all be taken in to account when recording the amount of 'deaths' in a year.

Unfortunately we are seeing the re-establishment of the Tory establishment that was weakened by the 1st WW and then swept away by the 2nd, it took 40 years for the political, eduactional and financial elites to coalesce and regain their power, you have not seen such a preponderance of self interested upper class twits since before the 1stWW and that is where they want to drag the country back to.

I'm even starting to think that even Aus pollies are better than this bunch of sh*t*.

Just saying...It was Winston Churchill's idea to have Universal-ism in the UK. It just so happened to be taken over by labour leader Clement Attlee. I just don't think the current tories are the same that was during and post WW2.

There's been an increase in fatal road traffic incidents over the past few years in the area that I live, so this could reflect nationally. Also, deaths due to the use of legal highs has increased significantly over the past few years, as has suicide. I assume these would all be taken in to account when recording the amount of 'deaths' in a year.

Road traffic deaths have been steadily falling and compise well below 0.5% of total mortality in the UK. Deaths from drugs and suicides are also statistically quite insignificant.

There was a spike in January/February 2015 (compared with the same months in previous years) which is being attributed to a flu virus not covered by the available flu jab. The vast majority of recorded deaths are always attributable to respiratory conditions, cancer, and heart failure.

Cannot read too much into one set of figures I imagine.

• 2 months later...

Never heard of that before? Why are so many people dying in the UK?Is that compared to where? It's probably the same asked in Australia. Why has Australia got the highest suicide rate in the world? Plus Why do Australian Males Batter their partners to death.At the rate of 49 women p/m.

Many blame Their connection to drinking so much alcohol.It's part of Australia's culture.So how do you break that?

Archived