Best Perth beach...

newjez

For kids that swim like bricks? They have expressed a desire to swim in the sea.

Actually they are not that bad, but they aren't strong so Scarborough and trigg are out. Thinking city beach, but not sure what parking is like these days. Bit of shade would be nice, plus bit of grass if possible. Not Hillary's, been there done that. What about mullaloo etc. Not southern as we'll be in the northern suburbs.

So guys, what's best for us?

Not really Perth, but Falcon Bay in Mandurah is usually like a millpond. Very flat and so very popular with young kids. If any are a bit better / more adventurous there is also a platform moored a short swim out for diving / jumping off.

Has toilets, showers, changing and a great little cafe opposite the beach.

Not a fan of northern beaches. For young kids not surf wise, I'd say Hillary's and Yanchep. Seldom Scarborough which has too many dumper breaks. Trigg Beach a big no,no, apart from the pools.

I prefer Cott and Port Beaches myself. Rockingham is a good beach for kids. But all too far I expect under the circumstances.

Yanchep can have a nasty rip so not one I'd recommend for kids. Agree with Hillary's though. City beach can be a good one where the pier shelters the waves.

Yanchep can have a nasty rip so not one I'd recommend for kids. Agree with Hillary's though. City beach can be a good one where the pier shelters the waves.

I meant within the sand bar area. Surely that is safe? As far as I'm concerned all the Northern beaches are impacted by rips and/or dumper waves and only save for 'confident' swimmers, definitely not kids, nor probably most adults.

Mullaloo is perfect for kids. Doubt it's changed much since jock lived there. Not many waves, well patrolled in front of the surf club, doesn't go deep quickly, nice park at the front with good kids play areas, free barbies, pub restaurant and dome next to the park for after beach drinks. Know what you mean about Hillarys, feels a bit like a fake beach, good for babies and really young kids but they outgrow it. Good to send the kids to vacswim to get them used to surf and the ocean. When they're old enough I can recommend surf club membership. Heaps of free parking too.

Edited by Paul1Perth