Car insurance oz

lp77

Ok ppl bought a Nissan x trail. Looked online at insurance and called company today. Because I have not held oz licence for 2yrs I need to pay another $500 if I have an accident and all UK no claims is not accepted?? Is this true of all insurance companies in oz?

help x

Only but is my hubby getting so annoyed with Australia he asking when can we go back to Scotland lol.. My family and friends we be so happy ??*?*??

Car insurance isn't cheap , even if you do a , compare the market thing some companies may seem cheaper but when you look at what they offer it's usually way less in terms of excess , included car hire , window damage ect , when you take it all into accont even with the cheaper quotes when you add the things you probably need they all come out very similar , I go with RAC not the cheapest but are great when things go wrong

I don't think there should be any issues. Firstly I have aami and racvpolicy and no one ever asked what license I held I made claims when I used to drive on my overseas lic and insurer knew about it. Still they let me keep my gold star or gold standard thingy as it was not my fault.

try aami, racv

withh racv you get your choice of repairer and it's easy when there's a good panel beater near to where you live.

AAMI wants you to repair your car from capital smart in Melbourne which can be bit painful as they always booked out and you have to work according to their time.

budget direct is cheap and would want your business.

Thank u ppl, we did look at compare market and separates. Ended up with racq.... See how we go next year thank you. I do feel we double pay insurance though... Compulsory 3rd party with rego then we buy our own comprehensive insurance..... Oh well here's hoping we don't ever need to claim....

Ok ppl bought a Nissan x trail. Looked online at insurance and called company today. Because I have not held oz licence for 2yrs I need to pay another $500 if I have an accident and all UK no claims is not accepted?? Is this true of all insurance companies in oz?

help x

Only but is my hubby getting so annoyed with Australia he asking when can we go back to Scotland lol.. My family and friends we be so happy **

Found Budget Direct good, but that was a few years back, just hunt around a bit, remember that there are discounts for putting all your insurances with one company but that has to be judged against cost from competitors.

Had my licence full UK over 20yrs... Allianz would not recognise it....

Allianz insured me fine and recognised my UK no claims too. Did you bother to actually speak to any insurers? Sometimes the on line applications are too rigid.

I spoke to a real person both for my and hubbies (UK import) cars and had no issues with either company recognising our experience and no claims from the UK. That was only two years ago, have things really changed that much?

• 1 month later...

I think the easiest way to get your head around CTP is to think of it like the UK road tax with a built in insurance to cover someone if you or a driver of your car hits someone, it doesn't cover damage to you or your property.

Taking out a fully comp insurance or a 3rd party fire and theft type insurance is then up to you, although it is highly recommended it isn't compulsory.

Cal x

What does the 3rd party rego actually cover you for though? Isn't it nothing to do with the car just injuries to the person?

Yes.

If you ran into a Rolls Royce or a Lamborghini, the other driver would have his medical care covered, but you would personally have to pay for repairs to a luxury car. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ And repairs to your own runabout. $$$

Archived