Sunshine Coast - Where to live?

RMT1980

Where is your job going to be?

The Sunny Coast is a vast area.

Hi there... job location isn't a factor. That aside though, I should have been a little more specific... Looking at areas around the Maroochydore area. So to give a range... No further north than Noosa, and not much further south than Caloundra (we think).

@RMT1980 I have two little Mongrels (will then be aged 3 and 5), and we narrowed it down to Mooloolaba / Caloundra / Maroochydore / Wurtulla

... I'm moving to Wurtulla in Feb :)

Will only make up our minds where to buy in another 6 months after that. Kids will be enrolled into their little cousins' schools.

@RMT1980 I have two little Mongrels (will then be aged 3 and 5), and we narrowed it down to Mooloolaba / Caloundra / Maroochydore / Wurtulla

... I'm moving to Wurtulla in Feb :)

Will only make up our minds where to buy in another 6 months after that. Kids will be enrolled into their little cousins' schools.

Hey @supercow, thank for your reply... Our situation is similar in terms of location. We've got a 6 and 2 year told and are looking to go end of Jan. We have family in the Redcliffe/Newport area, but we love the coast further north all around Mooloolaba, Mountain Creek, Caloundra, Buderim, etc... Can't quite decide on which location yet until we get there and start looking around. We plan to rent for 12 months whilst we decide on where to buy and properly settle. We don't want to have to change our eldest's school, so once we rent and get her enrolled, we would hope to then buy in 1 years time somewhere in that same area.

No probs - perhaps we should exchange email or facebook details, as we do indeed have very similar situations. I'll get the details of the school we'll be enrolling the two kids in. It's my understanding that one is next to the other (pre-school feeding the primary school), and is supposedly (from what my in-laws say) a great school.

My work situation might even be similar, as I'll be looking for BA roles in software development / multichannel systems. Most likely will mean travel into Brisbane unfortunately.

I've moved this from Migration issues forum to Qld forum :)

Please check if there is a more suitable section of the forum to post regarding non migration related matters. Things like housing, schooling etc go elsewhere. Migration issues forum is more to do with visas, applications etc.

We have friends who've moved from Perth and live in Mooloolaba and they love it. They have both semi retired though, so don't have to worry about work/kids. We've been on hoilday with them and the kids when the kids were younger and had a couple of weeks on the Sunshine Coast. My wife booked some apartments in Caloundra on-line and they were brilliant. Caloundra isn't one of the most popular places but we had a great week there as a base and honestly couldn't see much wrong with Caloundra.

We only had a day in Noosa, unfortunately, it was lovely, one of my favourite places and I would love to spend a couple of weeks there sometime.:cool:

There are so many nice places though it would be hard to find a bad one. Wouldn't be that fussed about being in-land too far, would have to be walking distance to the Ocean but that's what we have in Perth so we've gotten used to it.

The Sunshine Coast.Is one foot in the Grave.There's nothing here. We live at Tin Can Bay, there's no work, it has the highest rates in Queensland And it's expensive. There's more houses for sale in Noosa than what's occupied. Out of Control Kids roaming the Street causing Mayhem. Heaps living in rental accommodation on the dole. They flock to the Sunshine Coast as there's no chance of them being offered a job.Saying All that it's got nice beaches!We are out of here ASAP

Guest The Pom Queen

The Sunshine Coast.Is one foot in the Grave.There's nothing here. We live at Tin Can Bay, there's no work, it has the highest rates in Queensland And it's expensive. There's more houses for sale in Noosa than what's occupied. Out of Control Kids roaming the Street causing Mayhem. Heaps living in rental accommodation on the dole. They flock to the Sunshine Coast as there's no chance of them being offered a job.Saying All that it's got nice beaches!We are out of here ASAP
and here is the forums little ray of sunshine.

Well it's stretching it a bit including Tin Can Bay in the Sunshine Coast.

Luckily I live in a parallel world to the poster.

Lived near Mooloolaba for 12 years, love it, no sign of out of control youngsters, or any of the other problems.

Well it's stretching it a bit including Tin Can Bay in the Sunshine Coast.

Luckily I live in a parallel world to the poster.

Lived near Mooloolaba for 12 years, love it, no sign of out of control youngsters, or any of the other problems.

I suppose if you're going to be on the dole in Aus then Noosa wouldn't be a bad place to be.:cool: Had to check to see where Tin Can Bay was and it's a long way North of Noosa, which was, I thought, classed as the Northernmost point on the Sunshine Coast. Maybe we missed a gem?

"There's more houses for sale in Noosa than what's occupied. Out of Control Kids roaming the Street causing Mayhem. Heaps living in rental accommodation on the dole."

Been in Noosaville/Noosa now for nearly 18 months dont know what part of town this person is talking about. Lovely area people really friendly, have seen no "mayhem" or anything near it. There are the usual houses for sale as in any area and people live in rental accom everywhere dont know how you would know they are all on the dole. Young people seem really nice and lovely laid back atmosphere in general...................and the suns shining and the sea is warm. First time in a long time I have gone to a beach where everyone just leaves their belongings on the beach and goes for a swim with no worries it might be gone when you come back.........must head for a swim myself now

I was in Noosa about a month ago and I'm calling BS on your post.

I was in Noosa about a month ago and I'm calling BS on your post.

You know, of course, that there is a parallel universe called Zack's World? Fortunately you and I (and Skippy1 above) don't have entry. Thank goodness for that! :rolleyes:

Archived