Watching UK programmes in OZ

Mitzymo

We use express VPN about 99$US per year. You do need good broadband though. We tend to download in the morning over breakfast as streaming can be unreliable in the evening as everyone else is on line, and if son is also streaming in the evening too.

we got a good tip re BBC I player to start the download over VPN then switch off the VPN as it then downloads much faster as the app doesn't like vpns

i also keep a UK I tunes account alongside my aus one so I can keep the UK apps updated.

have been watching Bakeoff and time crashers recently.

As above there are loads of options.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the free VPNs. They are unreliable, slow and frustrating. Pay a few dollars a month and get something you can live with. We've used UnoTelly previously and they were great. We only stopped using it once Netflix arrived here.

Thanks guys.

We have now located a VPN site called PommyTV which is only $5 for the first month. Seems to work well so far but good advice thanks on the streaming/downloading as even with good internet the picture is a bit 'broken' at times. I assume the first you know if a VPN/proxy server has become corrupted is when you find a virus on your PC so there is little we can do about it ?

For those of you that have this on your laptops/pc/ipads have you found that you can buy a cable which will connect to be able to watch it then on your main TV whilst playing of the device?

Feels so great to get access to British TV !!!!

Thanks

Mitzy

We just use an Apple TV box that we brought from the Uk done wirelessly. Lots of ways of playing through the tv but it might depend on the to connections. Dick Smith should be able to help you.

If it's anywhere near your router, stick a cable in it rather than using wireless. You'll get a much quicker and more stable delivery of data in to it. Same with anything connected to the internet really - cable is best if possible.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up a proxy IP address so you can watch BBC iplayer/C4 on demand etc ideally for free ? Have found some older posts online but they no longer seem to work.

Thanks

Mitzy

My partner did this but didn't renew because it was so slow downloading from iPlayer etc. I'll ask him which service he used if I can remember when I get home....