Internet service provider

VERYSTORMY

I am looking at finally getting round to having internet put in the house - at the moment we just have a ipad with a sim card.

But any recommendations for which one? We have ewire to the house if that makes any difference and I think we also have a Telstra connection.

I was looking at the optus bundle, but the online reviews are terrible.

We are with a Internode as well. Our internet is really slow but that is the ancient Telstra infrastructure and the miles to the exchange and not anything to do with Internode. They were really helpful when we were trying to get Internet to start with.

Edited by NicF

I am looking at finally getting round to having internet put in the house - at the moment we just have a ipad with a sim card.

But any recommendations for which one? We have ewire to the house if that makes any difference and I think we also have a Telstra connection.

I was looking at the optus bundle, but the online reviews are terrible.

Where are you, and what do you want to do?

Depends on how much you want to pay.

Telstra are the best but more expensive.

I'm on Telstra cable and it is awesome.

I'm not sure I'd be committing to a contract in your shoes though.

The other day you said you may have to default on your mortgage shortly so is it a priority.

We're with iinet and have been for years. They are really good and you can even understand their support staff when you ring up, no getting put through to Delhi for someone to ask if you've got the power turned on.

We have our phone service and internet with them, ADSL/2, decent speed up and down and iinet upgraded us to unlimited usage without us having to ask. Only problem we've had is when we had problems with the phone. After heavy rains a couple of times the phone started buzzing and then stopped working. Even though I knew it would be a problem with Telstras pits and equipment you have to ring iinet for them to lodge a call with Telstra, who don't rush as you aren't their customer. IInet were brilliant though, after a few days of no action I rang iinet and the lady on support had me on one line and the Telstra guy on the other to get the message across. We've had the problem twice now and both times it's been Telstra equipment so no charge to us.

I've heard that iinet have now been taken over by TPG but had nothing from iinet to say anything about it. Billing is still from iinet, website still says iinet and the support sounds as though it's still local.

• 3 weeks later...