How do you feel now that Abbott is gone?

Harpodom

How do you feel?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel?

• Furious at Turnbull?
    • Slightly angry at Turnbull?
    • In a state of shock and grief?
    • Relieved?
    • Jubilant?
    • Psychotic with joy?
    • Don't care: same **** different bucket?
    • Sense of anti-climax?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leaving policy aside for one minute, I really really hope that he manages to change the atmosphere around federal politics. Rudd, Gillard & Abbott were all beholden to presidential politics and the 7 second soundbite, which was effective in them getting power but nobody could claim it has been a good few years for leadership in Australia.

Turnbull has made all the right noises about advocacy and intelligent communication. Let's hope the media and the public respond to this and we can move away from sloganeering and celebrity-driven politics.

as one of the people on here who was keen to see the back of him i have to admit in hindsight i wish he'd stayed.

thing is he was a mouthpiece for a party, a party who did unspeakable evil things.

that party now has the opportunity to paint itself in a better light, it would have been best for them not to have that chance.

I hope the public remember, but i know they wont.

same bucket, same contents but with the chance to roll it in glitter.

its a shame.

When Liverpool dropped out of 'The Big Four' I gloated, not because I hate Liverpool, but I thought that Spurs might replace them, a notion thwarted by the emergence of Man City.

Now Harpo is simillarly gloating at the demise of Tony Abbott, and in his case, as he hates, no 'HATES' Tony Abbott, his gloating is even more intense than mine, but what happens if a 'Man City' emerges to replace him? Not so much Malcolm Turnbull perhaps, but Tony Abbott 'heavy' in the person of Scott Morrison?

Think you need to move on Harpo, your going to make yourself ill with all this obsession about Tony Abbott, as they say in politics today's news is tomorrow's chip paper

Cheers buddy.

I went to see a shrink about my obsession with Tony Abbott. TBH he wasn't very sympathetic, this is how replied to my request for another session, as he drove away!

When Liverpool dropped out of 'The Big Four' I gloated, not because I hate Liverpool, but I thought that Spurs might replace them, a notion thwarted by the emergence of Man City.

Now Harpo is simillarly gloating at the demise of Tony Abbott, and in his case, as he hates, no 'HATES' Tony Abbott, his gloating is even more intense than mine, but what happens if a 'Man City' emerges to replace him? Not so much Malcolm Turnbull perhaps, but Tony Abbott 'heavy' in the person of Scott Morrison?

Interesting to see that Morrison voted for Abbott, and yet it's looking like Turnbull may have promised him Finance if he got in.... Not at all surprised that suck-up Pyne voted against his old mate Abbott - there's a man with his tongue up whichever orifice benefits him most!

I bet that's one of your wet dreams?

Interesting to see that Morrison voted for Abbott, and yet it's looking like Turnbull may have promised him Finance if he got in.... Not at all surprised that suck-up Pyne voted against his old mate Abbott - there's a man with his tongue up whichever orifice benefits him most!

I would like to see a full list of all the MPs who voted against Abbott.

Well, your joy at Abbott's demise is like the boy who gloats when his hated brother gets nothing in his Xmas stocking, but then he realized he hasn't even been given a stocking!

I suppose you're above that sort of thing, eh buddy?

I could never imagine you gloating at, say, Labor getting trounced, or Gillard replacing Rudd/vice versa. Or using silly names like JuLIAR.

Archived