EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

The date of the next round has not been released yet, but it is expected to be 5th October.

The results from the sept won't be produced until next week (estimated).

Be patient.

Hi Capitan C, So from October, each invitation round would be every fortnight, Do I have any chance to get invited on October 9 with 60 points? (EOI submitted on 12/06/2015 for ANZCO 261313)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it was unexpected to see that the rounds are now back to every two weeks.

@Amir HK the invitation total for the month will still be the same. But, I think that you will have a better chance of being invited in October as they are currently up to 9th May for 60 points in your occupation group. If you don't receive an invite on the 9th then I'd expect that you most likely would get one on the 23rd.

It all depends on if there is a high number of people with 65+ points though, and unfortunately that's impossible to foresee.

Bad news for Occupation (2212) as followsNote: ​the following occupation group has reached its ceiling and no more invitations will be issue during the 2015-16 programme year:

• 2212 – Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasures.

And as per the occupation ceiling provided by skill select, only 20 Accountants were invited in September intake. Results of September 7 2015 invitation available n following SkillSelect Websitehttps://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-7-September-2015-Round-Results.aspxFrom October, there will be 2 invitation round every month. Good luck to all my friends out there.

Right! thank you very much. I breath again. Good luck to everyone!

Typical that they put it back to fortnightly the month that I'll get invited lol. I missed out on last months by the weekend which was because on the morning of the 27th the system was playing up and the agent couldn't submit lol. Never mind I know I'll get my invite next month at least

Pls Help, guys I am planing to apply under General Accountant. I am getting 60 pts under 189 and 70 pts under 489. Could you pls advice which category they will invite first 189 or 489 under my case. FYI: I am still trying to improve my English to get 10 more pts.

Hi NAVEENMUTHU

I am afraid I don't think you will get in with either. You need 70 points visa 189 to get an invite - even in the recent September round, 189 Accountants with 70 points are now having to wait a month before getting an invite (i.e. the backlog is one month even with 70 points).

Concentrate on improving your english scores... best of luck

Bad news for Auditors - occupation ceiling has been reached.

I feel so lucky to catch almost the last train - got my invite on August, 3

Orlando - It is poor management by DIBP to allow them to be used up within 2 months.... they should have been pro rated. I feel sorry for anyone else who applies now...

Hi NAVEENMUTHU

I am afraid I don't think you will get in with either. You need 70 points visa 189 to get an invite - even in the recent September round, 189 Accountants with 70 points are now having to wait a month before getting an invite (i.e. the backlog is one month even with 70 points).

Concentrate on improving your english scores... best of luck

Hi Pommie,

Thanks. Let's assume I get 10 more pts. Should I apply under 489 or 189. Is any accountants under 489 are invited at all. I am think of 489 bcoz the visa processing time is a lot quicker compared to 189. Pls advice.

Hi Pommie,

Thanks. Let's assume I get 10 more pts. Should I apply under 489 or 189. Is any accountants under 489 are invited at all. I am think of 489 bcoz the visa processing time is a lot quicker compared to 189. Pls advice.

The 489 is not a permanent residency visa, so unless you can't qualify for a 189 then there's no point going for a 489.

When a 489 expires you must either leave the country, or apply for the permanent 887 visa. To be eligible for the 887 you must prove that you've been living and working in a regional area.

189 & 489 processing times are the same, set at 3 months. The 489 is in a higher processing group, but this does not necessarily mean a quicker grant.

Coupled with the fact that 489 only offers 80 invitations to all occupations per month you are highly unlikely to receive an invitation.

Concentrate your efforts on getting the extra 10 points from the English test, and go for the 189.

Edited by CaptainC

Hi Pommie,

Naveenmuthu

Since I posted my first reply, I have found out that DIBP only released 20 visa invites to Accountants in the September round (it should be 210 per month based upon the annual occupational ceiling). I (think) this may be because DIBP realised a lot of accountants had switched to Auditing occupation which has resulted in all 1,000 places in 15/16 being used up within 3 months. Hence, DIBP restricted accountants to help balance the numbers across the year. I would expect the release of accountant invites to normalise from October.

This, combined with DIBP returning to two invitation rounds a month, should result in accountants with 70 points and 65 points receiving invites under the 189 visa.

As Captain C says above, if you have the points, then I would go with the 189 route as this is permanent, whilst the 489 is only a temporary visa...

Hope this helps

The 489 is not a permanent residency visa, so unless you can't qualify for a 189 then there's no point going for a 489.

When a 489 expires you must either leave the country, or apply for the permanent 887 visa. To be eligible for the 887 you must prove that you've been living and working in a regional area.

189 & 489 processing times are the same, set at 3 months. The 489 is in a higher processing group, but this does not necessarily mean a quicker grant.

Coupled with the fact that 489 only offers 80 invitations to all occupations per month you are highly unlikely to receive an invitation.

Concentrate your efforts on getting the extra 10 points from the English test, and go for the 189.

Thanks a lot champ.

Hi guys,

I have got 70 points and submitted an EOI for General Accountant on 24/8/2015, as it stated, date of effect. What is my chance to get an invitation during the two rounds of October? Thanks alot for your input!

It is not possible to answer this question - sorry. If all Accountants lodging an EoI sufficient in number to take up invitations have 75 points you will never get an invite.

If everyone lodging an EoI from now on has 65 points you should get an invite in the next round.

Your chances are entirely dependent on the EoIs of other accountants.

Have you looked at a State Sponsored 190 strategy?

Best regards.

It is not possible to answer this question - sorry. If all Accountants lodging an EoI sufficient in number to take up invitations have 75 points you will never get an invite.

If everyone lodging an EoI from now on has 65 points you should get an invite in the next round.

Your chances are entirely dependent on the EoIs of other accountants.

Have you looked at a State Sponsored 190 strategy?

Best regards.

Thanks for your reply.

Is achieving 75+ points for 189 a usual thing now (as for General Accountant)? I am not so sure, but based on the past data from DIBP, there were seemingly less than 100 EOI with 75+ got invited in the August round.

The way this EOI thing works kind of confusing me. For instance, aren't they going to push the backlog off the queue first, before considering the later applicants ? And what about the applicants who applied earlier than august with 65 points, aren't they also going to be the first to receive invitations in the next rounds?

I really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

Edited by Jonhamm1234

Thanks for your reply.

Is achieving 75+ points for 189 a usual thing now (as for General Accountant)? I am not so sure, but based on the past data from DIBP, there were seemingly less than 100 EOI with 75+ got invited in the August round.

The way this EOI thing works kind of confusing me. For instance, aren't they going to push the backlog off the queue first, before considering the later applicants ? And what about the applicants who applied earlier than august with 65 points, aren't they also going to be the first to receive invitations in the next rounds?

I really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me.

Based on a given number of invitations for each occupation the highest ranking EoIs in terms of points are issued invites first ... then invitations with equal points are prioritised based on the date the EoI was lodged.

Best regards.

Hi guys,

I have got 70 points and submitted an EOI for General Accountant on 24/8/2015, as it stated, date of effect. What is my chance to get an invitation during the two rounds of October? Thanks alot for your input!

providing DIBP go back to their stated practice of pro-rated invites, then you should get an invite in October. In Speyember they limited the invites to 20, presumably because of the very high numbers of auditor invites occurring (which was not pro rated).

you will get an invite....

Thanks Captian C.

In the november i get points equals 60... but some say ICT BA needs 65 points... Please ... enlighten...

NSW is sponsoring BAs the last time I checked, so you can bolster your points with an additional 5 points and lodge an expression for an 190 Visa if you want - it's what I did to get a quicker invite.

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to come across this forum and thread in particular. I hope I won't be off with my enquiry here. For the accountants, has anyone had a positive assessment from CPA Australia using just a bachelors degree in accounting? Most of what I see is from people with a professional accounting qualification.