EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

Hello everyone,

I'm glad to come across this forum and thread in particular. I hope I won't be off with my enquiry here. For the accountants, has anyone had a positive assessment from CPA Australia using just a bachelors degree in accounting? Most of what I see is from people with a professional accounting qualification.

Hi Leebaba, I got positive assessment using a non-accounting bachelor's degree (Bachelor of Economics), the outcome of my assessment is 12 out of 12.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I got my invite on 7th Sept and gave my medicals 2 days back. But I heard that I cannot view the medical test result/report, it will be uploaded by them and we can only see the status uploaded.

Is that so?

You won't see the medical report. If there is anything adverse that you need to know about then the department will contact you or your GP.

So if I get an invite, let's say early November. If all goes well, do you think I will have a grant by Christmas?

Not likely at all.

It's mathematically possible of course, but in reality, based on past years, there's a big slowdown leading up to Christmas until Mid January because of the holidays.

Not likely at all.

It's mathematically possible of course, but in reality, based on past years, there's a big slowdown leading up to Christmas until Mid January because of the holidays.

Ahh I guessed as much. Ah well, waited this long what's an extra couple of months...

Hi all....this is all so frustrating. I submitted my partners EOI on the 13th September and have heard nada...he has 70 points as a secondary school teacher and is going for the 189 visa....with me as de facto of course :) We are so desperate to get out for the new school year in January but it's looking unlikely :(

It's cutting it a bit close @hjd . The application itself will take a few months to be granted. Have you done all the medicals/police clearance/form80 in the meanwhile so you can front load the lot, in order to save time?

Hi supercow...thanks soooo much for the reply. I have written several messages about 'front loading' (what is this and how is it done) but no one has yet replied. I have just worked out about the health checks and added the health declaration to my ImmiAccount so waiting for a a reply to that. I thought you had to wait to be told to do the police checks? One thing I have done is got the majority of the documents together for the visa application which is on the document checklist. I really appreciate your help....many thanks :)

My agent did these things for me, so I might be slightly inaccurate in what you can and can't do before being invited. I know that you need a HAP number generated, in order to get your health checks done. I believe this might only be possible once you've been invited, but I could be wrong. The police clearance is valid for a period of months (I believe this is 12 months) , and you can do it at any time.

If you've not filled in form80, do so now. It's a pain in the arse, but it's worth just getting it over and done with.

My agent did these things for me, so I might be slightly inaccurate in what you can and can't do before being invited. I know that you need a HAP number generated, in order to get your health checks done. I believe this might only be possible once you've been invited, but I could be wrong. The police clearance is valid for a period of months (I believe this is 12 months) , and you can do it at any time.

If you've not filled in form80, do so now. It's a pain in the arse, but it's worth just getting it over and done with.

To be honest it's all a pain in the ass :) oh geez...just found the form 80....will def start filling in now :/

what can you tell me about this front loading malarky?

I think the ImmiAccount generates the HAP number. it said I would receive and email. Only did it yday.

And I'll get on with the police checks too. I used to live in Canada so need to get a Canadian one...should be fun.

You only need a police check for Canada, if you lived there in the last 10 years.

Front loading, just means you supply all these required documentation, before they're asked for. So when the C/O picks up your application, he/she doesn;t need to put it down ... saving time ;)

Exactly how you do it, I don't know as my agent did it for me.

I lived there from 2007 - 2010. I also worked on boats all over the world but luckily it was for 11 months...phew...

Ive started a thread about front loading so fingers crossed. A part of me wishes we'd got an agent but also a part of me wants the challenge of completing it!! Thanks for your help!

Hi CaptainC

one question...I observed that from next month onwards(october) the invitation rounds are going to be twice a month. Does this mean 60 pointers for system analyst can keep their hope up as the rounds are multiplying, we may get our turn?

By November I will move to 65 points but till then, would like to believe that it should get picked up.

Hi CaptainC

one question...I observed that from next month onwards(october) the invitation rounds are going to be twice a month. Does this mean 60 pointers for system analyst can keep their hope up as the rounds are multiplying, we may get our turn?

By November I will move to 65 points but till then, would like to believe that it should get picked up.

They are moving to twice per month from next month, but the number of invites for the month will still be the same as previous months, only this time it will be split into two.