EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

For those concerned who have a valid 189 or 489 EOI in SkillSelect, there will be an invitation round on Monday 7th Sept 2015 at 0000hrs (Midnight AEST) (3pm BST).

There will be 2300 invitations for 189 visa applicants & 80 for 489 visa applicants.

Invitations will be sent out from midnight by email to the email address provided to the Department. The emails are usually sent fairly quickly but have been known to take up to 6 hours to get through to individual email accounts. So if you haven't received an email by 9pm (BST) then it's unlikely that you've been invited this time. But, I would strongly advise checking your spam/junk folder and your SkillSelect account to make sure.

The following occupations have high levels of demand and are on a pro rata system and therefore have a limited number of monthly invitations available to ensure availability throughout the programme year:

ANZSCO 2611 - ICT Business and System Analysts (128 invitations)

ANZSCO 2613 - Software and Applications Programmers (447 invitations)

ANZSCO 2211 - Accountants (210 invitations)

The higher your points the more likely it is that you will be invited. Other than the above occupation groups, if you have 65 points or more, it is expected that you will receive an invitation. Applicants with 60 points are not guaranteed and it will depend on the age of your submitted EOI.

An invitation round is not a lottery and luck doesn't come into it. If you have sufficient points then you will be invited eventually (other than the above occupation groups). So, don't despair if you aren't invited this time.

Edited by CaptainC

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight is the night!!!

my EOI was submitted on the 30/7/15 first thing in the morning with 60 points under electrician General, hoping for an invite this round but will be waiting till tomorrow as I am using an agent. Anyone who has submitted their application after this date on 60 points and gets an invite please could you comment as this will let me know if I have my invite.

Cheers!!

Good luck to everyone waiting patiently for their invitations. I do sympathise having had to wait for 4 months to the day, and I know how hard it is trying not to despair, although as CaptainC already said... hold in there, the wait is worth it and you will be invited eventually.

If i haven't received the invitation by now does that mean i have missed out on this month or does it take a few more hours? Cheers

Hi there, it is difficult to say with certainty, but I have been few a number of these now, and from experience of what people say on POI, then if you haven't received an email about the invitation by 9pm tonight then you probably haven't been lucky in this round. Don't forget to check your SPAM/JUNK email folder too, and also for belt and braces then log into your SkillSelect Account and see if the STATUS is still SUBMITTED, or whether it has changed to INVITED.

Good luck with it, and hold on in there... It's worth the wait.

Hi all, could anyone tell me how to generate HAP ID to do medical.

I just got invited, lodged application, paid the fees, frontloaded everything.

However, I could not find any button to generate HAP ID on immiaccount ...

Hi there, I'm sure that @CaptainC will be along to answer your question shortly, as I know he knows the answer to that. However, from what I remember him posting in the past, it should be as simple as clicking a Medical Details button somewhere in IMMI account details. The Captain will point you in the exact direction though.

Congrats on your invite BTW.

If i haven't received the invitation by now does that mean i have missed out on this month or does it take a few more hours? Cheers

I would say that if you haven't received notification from the department by now or if your skillselect status doesn't state invited and there is no link provided to the application page, then unfortunately you haven't been invited this time.

The invites are sent automatically based on points score and rarely take anymore than 2-3 hours for everyone to receive the email.

However, if you've lodged through a migration agent, then it may well be sitting in their email inbox.

Hi all, could anyone tell me how to generate HAP ID to do medical.

I just got invited, lodged application, paid the fees, frontloaded everything.

However, I could not find any button to generate HAP ID on immiaccount ...

There should be a button on the eLodgement page marked 'Get Health Details' under each of the applicants, click this button and it will take you through to do the online emedical declaration.

Thank you, ill get my skills select login of agent first thing in the morning as she sorted it out...so hoping its changed to invite on there haha. WHV due to expire before next round. ..typically my luck.

Ah right sorry, I didn't' realise you were using an agent.... In which case you won't know about your invite until you have spoken to your agent which I guess will be office hours today/tomorrow. The invite will go to them and be in their email awaiting action. Good luck either way to you.

I would say that if you haven't received notification from the department by now or if your skillselect status doesn't state invited and there is no link provided to the application page, then unfortunately you haven't been invited this time.

The invites are sent automatically based on points score and rarely take anymore than 2-3 hours for everyone to receive the email.

However, if you've lodged through a migration agent, then it may well be sitting in their email inbox.

Soz CaptainC, hadn't refreshed the page and so didn't notice you'd already answered this. At least we both said the same thing!

Spoke to her 1130pm perth time and see said she hasnt recieved the email.but will contact her in morning to double check the skill select login. Thanks both of you for the help.

I think Perth is 2 hours behind AEST so it's possible but not too sure.

How many points? When was the EOI submitted and for what occupation?

Only 60 point. Eoi sumitted 2nd august for a bricklayer

Based on that I'm pretty sure that you would have to wait until the next round. And, I'm 99% certain you'll be invited in the October round.

I think it's on 5th October, but the date hasn't been officially released yet.

Haha will be just my luck as my 2ND WHV expires on the 24th September. Is a offshore tourist visa the only option ive got to get back to oz and wait for next round? As onshore may not be granted.also if i get invited in october round on a tourist visa and eventually need a bridging visa will it have the same conditions as the tourist visa or my WHV that i apply for Eoi with?? If that makes any sense. Big chat to agent tomoz but wanted to get all information from here as possible, just to clarify my doubts. Thank you for helping ?

Haha will be just my luck as my 2ND WHV expires on the 24th September. Is a offshore tourist visa the only option ive got to get back to oz and wait for next round? As onshore may not be granted.also if i get invited in october round on a tourist visa and eventually need a bridging visa will it have the same conditions as the tourist visa or my WHV that i apply for Eoi with?? If that makes any sense. Big chat to agent tomoz but wanted to get all information from here as possible, just to clarify my doubts. Thank you for helping [emoji106]

Yeah, that's a bit beyond my knowledge really. Good that you have an agent, have a chat with her, but I do think your work entitlements may be lost.

Best of luck.

Hi,

I have applied for EOI (Account 2211) on 13th July 2015 with 65 Points.

I have check the website and saw that the cut off date for account in last invitation round (3rd August 2015) was at 2nd July 2015 with 65 Points.

Do I still have the chance to get invited this time?

I am anxious because I have not gotten any invitation by now (3rd August 2015).

My Visa 485 is expiring this month and I am not sure what to do...

Any advice???