189 Visa Lodged July 2015

Just had a look at the spreadsheet and it seems a majority of the grants over the last few weeks have been to 'onshore' applicants. Of course the spreadsheet is not always updated but it certainly shows less grants recently compared to any other period in the recent past? It is worries me to see that in the last two weeks, according to the spreadsheet, there has been only one grant to an 'offshore' applicant (on 2nd Sept). He/she applied on 19th June !!! :-(

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit#gid=277

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just had a look at the spreadsheet and it seems a majority of the grants over the last few weeks have been to 'onshore' applicants. Of course the spreadsheet is not always updated but it certainly shows less grants recently compared to any other period in the recent past? It is worries me to see that in the last two weeks, according to the spreadsheet, there has been only one grant to an 'offshore' applicant (on 2nd Sept). He/she applied on 19th June !!! :-(

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FbZvlgMTC54aMv2LVhtcQuBXMfUkIpydWuZAAFHf8-Y/edit#gid=277

I am constantly checking that sheet and the majority on there are from high risk countries so why are they getting grants within 7 ' 8 weeks

Just to keep u all updated I was allocated by case worker today 7wks waiting soon glad it didn't take 10 don't think I could take anymore lol Just gotta do police and medical checks and form 80 and then more waiting but at least final steps

It's great isn't black mamba however not feeling so great after completing form 80 it takes a while but at least we one step closer, feeling slightly deflated now know there is more waiting .... Hope it won't take too much longer for us all, good luck xx

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to all that have applied and been granted their visa already. I applied on 6th July and received an email from immigration on 3rd Sept requesting evidence for casual/part-time employment I had in 03-05. Unfortunately I have no evidence as this was cash-in-hand kind of work when I was still at school, it was in a small retail store that didn't do things too formally. The business ceased trading in 2012, I can provide evidence of this through Companies House. I have absolutely no contact details for the employer since.

I have provided evidence for 9+ years employment experience that has been acknowledged in an email from DIBP. I have claimed for 8+ years in my application. Can anybody advise what action I could take at this stage? My thoughts were to email my case officer/team stating that the business has ceased trading, I have no documentation or evidence and no contact details for the owner/management but I am concerned that this will not satisfy their requirements. I'd appreciate any support or advice, starting to stress more and more!

Thanks,

Marty

Hi Everyone,

Congrats to all that have applied and been granted their visa already. I applied on 6th July and received an email from immigration on 3rd Sept requesting evidence for casual/part-time employment I had in 03-05. Unfortunately I have no evidence as this was cash-in-hand kind of work when I was still at school, it was in a small retail store that didn't do things too formally. The business ceased trading in 2012, I can provide evidence of this through Companies House. I have absolutely no contact details for the employer since.

I have provided evidence for 9+ years employment experience that has been acknowledged in an email from DIBP. I have claimed for 8+ years in my application. Can anybody advise what action I could take at this stage? My thoughts were to email my case officer/team stating that the business has ceased trading, I have no documentation or evidence and no contact details for the owner/management but I am concerned that this will not satisfy their requirements. I'd appreciate any support or advice, starting to stress more and more!

Thanks,

Marty

Perhaps someone more qualified will come along and offer you advice, but I would do exactly as you indicate. I would make clear that it is not part of the period being claimed for skilled employment/the visa application. It was 'unskilled' employment, pre-qualification, it shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone mind sharing the email for the visa looks like? And how does the PR 189 visa look like? Or should I look it up on the internet?

It is great to see people who applied in the first 10 days of July getting their grants. I applied on 13th July so I'm waiting and waiting and waiting. Has anyone who lodged(i.e. paid fee) after 10th of July got their grant?

Does anyone mind sharing the email for the visa looks like? And how does the PR 189 visa look like? Or should I look it up on the internet?

It is great to see people who applied in the first 10 days of July getting their grants. I applied on 13th July so I'm waiting and waiting and waiting. Has anyone who lodged(i.e. paid fee) after 10th of July got their grant?

I am waiting too !! There are few cases where they got direct grant. But mostly i guess CO's getting allocated for 10th July + applicants. But, we will hear from the dept soon..

Hey all, I just submitted an application for a 189 visa (that is after I got my EOI invitation of course and did all the paper work). I applied through skill select and the website kept asking me a lot of stuff that I had already answered before in my EOI but it didn't ask for any documentation or medical examination or anything from the document checklist I've been looking at; I thought maybe they will but at a later time or in the next step perhaps, if anyone who has been through this before reply with any useful info I would highly appreciate it. And also, what about the time frame? how long might I be looking at here??

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

Moh - You will need to complete the application and complete payment. Once you then navigate back to view your application you will have the ability to start uploading documents and be able to generate a HAPID through the health examinations link.

For the individuals that were requested to complete form 80, do you mind me asking what nationality/country of residence you are from? I'm wondering if we should start to complete this sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Archived