What will the Government mess up next?

AJ

God help us

at least you'll know what god will do, the politicians in both major parties say one thing and do another.

Whats the bloody point in even bothering to vote for that?

I'll vote green too, for two reasons, if they get in, it will be such a shock, as such they are less likely to be 'brought' by lobbyists; and if they don't, it's a protest vote as the main parties are totally corrupt!

to take a look at the rest of the world aus could do with some green anyways, every year we don't we slip further and further behind the rest of the world, not great in a global economy.

China is EXTREMELY important to Australia and the current Government is showing it will do absolutely anything to keep them onside.

saw a couple of container ships leaving Melbourne last week, both next to empty; companies closing or scaling down all over the show.

outsourcing Australian manufacturing obviously saves cash, but i wonder if Australia is really ready for a services based economy?

at least you'll know what god will do, the politicians in both major parties say one thing and do another.

I'll vote green too, for two reasons, if they get in, it will be such a shock, as such they are less likely to be 'brought' by lobbyists; and if they don't, it's a protest vote as the main parties are totally corrupt!

to take a look at the rest of the world aus could do with some green anyways, every year we don't we slip further and further behind the rest of the world, not great in a global economy.

It it certainly would be a shock, and it would definitely shock the asx and it would shock other developed economies and not in a good way. The greens influence in the Gillard coalition just about derailed the economy in the middle of a huge boom. I actually think rather than being behind the rest of the world Australia leads a lot of thinking, the rest of the world is leaning to the right of centre with conlict, tension and the constant threat and actual terrorism, Abotts foreign policy is much admired oversees. Just my opinion, and you are of course entitled to vote for what you think is right, and I don't mean that to be patronising. I voted for Abbott, but in my opinion he was always on a sticky wicket following the previous wasteful regime.

saw a couple of container ships leaving Melbourne last week, both next to empty; companies closing or scaling down all over the show.

outsourcing Australian manufacturing obviously saves cash, but i wonder if Australia is really ready for a services based economy?

Do you know that for a fact? Something must be both sustaining and invigorating the Victorian economy if Melbourne is set to surpass Sydney by the middle of this century.

[h=2]Australia’s FTAs[/h] Australia has nine FTAs currently in force with New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, US, Chile, the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) (with New Zealand), Malaysia, Korea and Japan. The countries covered by these FTAs account for 42 per cent of Australia's total trade.

Australia concluded FTA negotiations with China in November 2014. The agreement will enter into force when domestic processes have been completed. China accounts for 23 per cent of Australia’s total trade.

Australia is currently engaged in six other FTA negotiations - two bilateral FTA negotiations: India and Indonesia; and four plurilateral FTA negotiations: the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP), the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Pacific Trade and Economic Agreement (PACER Plus), and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP). The additional countries covered by these negotiations account for a further six per cent of Australia’s total trade

Australia’s FTAs

Australia has nine FTAs currently in force with New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, US, Chile, the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) (with New Zealand), Malaysia, Korea and Japan. The countries covered by these FTAs account for 42 per cent of Australia's total trade.

Australia concluded FTA negotiations with China in November 2014. The agreement will enter into force when domestic processes have been completed. China accounts for 23 per cent of Australia’s total trade.

Australia is currently engaged in six other FTA negotiations - two bilateral FTA negotiations: India and Indonesia; and four plurilateral FTA negotiations: the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP), the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Pacific Trade and Economic Agreement (PACER Plus), and the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP). The additional countries covered by these negotiations account for a further six per cent of Australia’s total trade

thanks for highlighting that, you'd get the impression from the media that this is the only one and it's huge. :o

i wonder why this one is thought of differently... or maybe its just a slow news day.

the slew in population towards Melbourne does seem strange given 'the word on the street' i guess the words wrong or the statistics are based on flawed data.

time will tell i guess.

the whole argument of fear based vs logic based leadership is another interesting angle, fear does seem to be a more persuasive argument thats for sure!

all the time the boy murdoch can bring it, and the reason is absent, for better or worse, it's the leadership we're likely to have.

Good to have you aboard. Hardly much choice though for the reflective minority.

It it certainly would be a shock, and it would definitely shock the asx and it would shock other developed economies and not in a good way. The greens influence in the Gillard coalition just about derailed the economy in the middle of a huge boom. I actually think rather than being behind the rest of the world Australia leads a lot of thinking, the rest of the world is leaning to the right of centre with conlict, tension and the constant threat and actual terrorism, Abotts foreign policy is much admired oversees. Just my opinion, and you are of course entitled to vote for what you think is right, and I don't mean that to be patronising. I voted for Abbott, but in my opinion he was always on a sticky wicket following the previous wasteful regime.

Abbott's agenda is clear. Firstly to stay in power doing whatever it takes. Straight out of the text book of far right thinking (Goering, for example)creating an atmosphere of fear is his strategy in ensuring re election to which, like the stopping the boats, he will harness to its full potential.

Exactly who admires Abbotts policy overseas? Rather an on going embarrassment his continual assault on Liberal inclusive values being more the point. Hardly anything to gloat about. Far less being proud off.

Abbott's agenda is clear. Firstly to stay in power doing whatever it takes. Straight out of the text book of far right thinking (Goering, for example)creating an atmosphere of fear is his strategy in ensuring re election to which, like the stopping the boats, he will harness to its full potential.

Exactly who admires Abbotts policy overseas? Rather an on going embarrassment his continual assault on Liberal inclusive values being more the point. Hardly anything to gloat about. Far less being proud off.

Are you seriously suggesting that this did not motivate Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd, John Howard, Paul Keating, Bob Hawke, Malcolm Fraser, etc, etc. Just like all previous Prime Ministers, he is presently thinking when will be the opportune moment to call the next election, and it is exactly the same in the UK.

When he was the Leader of the Opposition, he said that, if elected, he would 'Stop the boats' so everybody who voted for him was hoping he would keep his word.

It is ridiculous to compare Nazi Germany to Australia. Australia is not a one-party state, ruled by a dictator. As soon as Hitler won power, he abolished elections.

Does this mean that any Chinese worker who says he is an electrician will be allowed to enter Australia and work as an electrician, or does it mean that Australia will recognize Chinese electricians' trade qualifications?

The latter one hopes, but as the Chinese can produce a copy of anything that will fool any expert: as they say, go figure.

Are you seriously suggesting that this did not motivate Julia Gillard, Kevin Rudd, John Howard, Paul Keating, Bob Hawke, Malcolm Fraser, etc, etc. Just like all previous Prime Ministers, he is presently thinking when will be the opportune moment to call the next election, and it is exactly the same in the UK.

When he was the Leader of the Opposition, he said that, if elected, he would 'Stop the boats' so everybody who voted for him was hoping he would keep his word.

It is ridiculous to compare Nazi Germany to Australia. Australia is not a one-party state, ruled by a dictator. As soon as Hitler won power, he abolished elections.

It is not ridiculous to look at freedoms lost under a dictatorial system and the lose of transparency and denial of accountability under the most right wing, ill liberal party in modern times at least in Australia.

As I continue to point out to you the continued stress on fear is a strategy of old to consume the population from the influence of important issues and to endorse the loss of further freedoms and rights.

1984 was a book of satire not a gospel of how to run a country as Abbott seems to think.

So who voted for them then.
I didnt posts this link to argue about who voted for who, but to highlight the stupidity of allowing under qualified people licences to work with electricity - these workers do not have to sit a skills assessment so who knows how qualified they are? Anyone can make up some qualifications. Who takes the blame if some of these workers kill someone?

the Chinese make everything that is powered by electricity in Australia, as much as it sucks why not let them fix it too?
Your obviously clueless if you think all an electrician does is fix broken electrical stuff. Let them all come over and install the high voltage power lines, maybe the wont be able to read the instructions in english but hey who cares, they work cheap!

Looking at everything the Chinese are building in China, from cities and bridges and airports, very quickly and efficiently, I wouldn't be too worried.

They are probably world leaders these days. Probably know a lot more than the Aussies.

Looking at everything the Chinese are building in China, from cities and bridges and airports, very quickly and efficiently, I wouldn't be too worried.

They are probably world leaders these days. Probably know a lot more than the Aussies.

Maybe they will be better than you at your job as well, better watch out you might get replaced by cheap labour

Maybe they will be better than you at your job as well, better watch out you might get replaced by cheap labour

almost certainly, thats the thing with a global economy.

just a crying shame we have a government that thinks its more important to effectively legalise the rape of a child than to keep the country competitive.

oh well, FIorFO I guess.

Archived