money too good

legoman

Exchange rate today near double money, good for me on bringing house sale money over but a little concerned as to why such a good rate,

hope its not all doom and gloom in Perth workwise, be good to have the money and seems plenty rentals about but no good if not earning.

tell me good news re work :-)

Exchange rate today near double money, good for me on bringing house sale money over but a little concerned as to why such a good rate,

hope its not all doom and gloom in Perth workwise, be good to have the money and seems plenty rentals about but no good if not earning.

tell me good news re work :-)

The AUD:GBP exchange has been at an average of over two to one for a very long time. It is only in very recent years that the AUD has been strong, over valued many have said. I wouldn't interpret the return to more normal levels to mean anything in particular.

If you want to know about job prospects then unemployment statistics will provide a much better picture.

The AUD:GBP exchange has been at an average of over two to one for a very long time. It is only in very recent years that the AUD has been strong, over valued many have said. I wouldn't interpret the return to more normal levels to mean anything in particular.

If you want to know about job prospects then unemployment statistics will provide a much better picture.

given that not only does the government no longer have any faith in the stats on unemployment but even the organisation that produces them also no longer believes them I would say that isn't a very wise piece of advice.

given that not only does the government no longer have any faith in the stats on unemployment but even the organisation that produces them also no longer believes them I would say that isn't a very wise piece of advice.

If you are going to look at statistics, it is better one to gauge employment situation than the exchange rate!

Totally unreliable to view unemployment stats as pointing to a much better picture. It is but an indicator and not very indicative of the general economic climate especially here in WA.

While the dollar it is true is at more normal levels, it is still regarded as being too high by RBA and government who would prefer far lower rates. Low 60's has been suggested but every indication will fall lower over time as other factors take hold.

Cost of living especially housing still out of whack with changing circumstances in the cities.

Totally unreliable to view unemployment stats as pointing to a much better picture. It is but an indicator and not very indicative of the general economic climate especially here in WA.

While the dollar it is true is at more normal levels, it is still regarded as being too high by RBA and government who would prefer far lower rates. Low 60's has been suggested but every indication will fall lower over time as other factors take hold.

Cost of living especially housing still out of whack with changing circumstances in the cities.

For heavens sake! Obviously it is but an indicator. My point was that, if you are going to complement other research with statistics, then I would chose unemployment rates over e exchange rates. It's not rocket science here.

If you are going to look at statistics, it is better one to gauge employment situation than the exchange rate!

Employment situation only relates part of the story with increasing casualization and part time work. I am aware of three people haven been given notice in the past three weeks, one of some nine years standing in the organisation for end of June finish. I believe five others took voluntary redundancies with another three or four on the way out but not yet made official in team meetings.

For heavens sake! Obviously it is but an indicator. My point was that, if you are going to complement other research with statistics, then I would chose unemployment rates over e exchange rates. It's not rocket science here.

The most basic of indictors though which is hardly either rocket science. A lowering exchange rate will make us poorer by and large though

Exchange rates are a pretty good indicator of how an economy is performing, but they can be manipulated. The abs has cast doubt over it's own figures. Perth figures are doubtful as well, as much of the population is migratory. Sadly, even when the figures are good they are out of date. Word on the street can be the best indicator.

The most basic of indictors though which is hardly either rocket science. A lowering exchange rate will make us poorer by and large though

Not exactly sure what you mean by that foc? Imports become more expensive, which is why it boosts domestic production. It can make us feel richer as it kick starts the economy. Depends on what level you are discussing.

I have always been poor at understanding economics, although I understand why it is good for me when the Aussie dollar is weak against the GBP, as I depend on income from England. But, not withstanding that, the ups and downs in the economy have not made that much difference to my life, at least when I'm working.

Your point being?

The rate breached the 2.0, which has been hard to beat for a while. Something i've been keeping a close eye on. It's good for me physcologically speaking (and OP and probably others) as it means more money for us when moving over to Oz.

I have always been poor at understanding economics, although I understand why it is good for me when the Aussie dollar is weak against the GBP, as I depend on income from England. But, not withstanding that, the ups and downs in the economy have not made that much difference to my life, at least when I'm working.

As jeremy clarkson said, if you have a job, a recession just means things get cheaper. Sadly he said that the week I got made redundant. Still, I got a better job within a month. Tbh, we have done better during the recession than we did during the boom.

As jeremy clarkson said, if you have a job, a recession just means things get cheaper. Sadly he said that the week I got made redundant. Still, I got a better job within a month. Tbh, we have done better during the recession than we did during the boom.

Same here, we did pretty well out of the recession. As long as we both get jobs I'm hoping we will do the same over there. I applied for an intensive care nursing post in Canberra yesterday. Crossing all my fingers and toes I get the job as it would be amazing to go over knowing I have a job to go to, and a job I love to boot. Will be a big weight off my shoulders.

I expect that you have probably said that a strong dollar was bad too. Your glass is not so much half-empty but totally drained.

Exchange rates are a pretty good indicator of how an economy is performing, but they can be manipulated. The abs has cast doubt over it's own figures. Perth figures are doubtful as well, as much of the population is migratory. Sadly, even when the figures are good they are out of date. Word on the street can be the best indicator.

You must have read something else. Because the discussion was not about whether it gave an indicator to the economy, but to whether somebody should assess his chances of finding a job on the basis of the prevailing exchange rate.

This is not hard, I think some people are just being deliberately obtuse today.

You must have read something else. Because the discussion was not about whether it gave an indicator to the economy, but to whether somebody should assess his chances of finding a job on the basis of the prevailing exchange rate.

This is not hard, I think some people are just being deliberately obtuse today.

Sorry, is there not a connection between the economy and employment prospects?

Thanx everyone good debate. I guess my concern was why I could get such a good exchange rate and this is fine if have a job, other hand i could comlain that exchange rate not very good and less money and still need to find work. Here in uk there been a spurt of gas fitter ads which is strange this time of year, I have a wa gas fitter licence but been away from gas fittkng in Perth for 2 years. best way is to get top dollar exchange and get employment asap. seems excess of rentals and rents deff lower since I was there 2013

Archived