189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

Hi all x

After reading forums all day my husband and I have decided to lodge an EOI for a subclass 189 for him. I have a RRV subclass 155 and my sons are citizens so we will add our daughter on to the 189 application.

Looking at it I think the cost and speed of processing will be better than applying for a partner visa. Anyone have any advice on that?

The only thing concerning me is where it states 1st installment and 2nd installment but doesn't offer a 2nd installment price.

Could anyone advise me the average application time for 189 from lodging EOI, and also if Visa is granted how long do you have to enter australia after its issue?

From lodging EOI to visa grant (for 189) its roughly 3 months or so (depending on points). Entry is no later than 1 year from the date of immigration medical or Police clearance, whichever is earliest.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I shouldn't have said anything (I wish I didn't know myself!) its going to be a long weekend!

Trying not to think about it too much! Not feeling too much pressure, though, as my partner recently got granted an exemption to the 6 month rule on working holiday visas - i.e. he can stay with his company. You're a small bit ahead of us Captain C - I think I'll start constantly checking once I see that you/people submitting around your date have a CO :)

Trying not to think about it too much! Not feeling too much pressure, though, as my partner recently got granted an exemption to the 6 month rule on working holiday visas - i.e. he can stay with his company. You're a small bit ahead of us Captain C - I think I'll start constantly checking once I see that you/people submitting around your date have a CO :)

Oooohhhh I see! Let us stress and worry while you just sit back and chill out! Lol! ;-)

Oooohhhh I see! Let us stress and worry while you just sit back and chill out! Lol! ;-)

Haha! The April grants seem to be coming in thick and fast - we should hear something soon enough :). Where is this visa tracker everyone is talking about?? Is it updated by immigration?

Hi All, when you get your case officer do you receive an email or do we need to be checking the immiacount all the time? I was going to wait for a case officer before going to book my medical...should I just book the medical? I lodged my Visa beginning of June- I have heard absolutely nothing other than the bridging visas

Haha! The April grants seem to be coming in thick and fast - we should hear something soon enough :). Where is this visa tracker everyone is talking about?? Is it updated by immigration?

It's here > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&type=view&gid=277&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=1250

It's updated by the individual applicant. As it's not official and some people lie on it and others don't bother updating after putting their initial entry in, so its not 100% accurate, but it is a bit of a guide.

Congratulations x Can I just ask with a 189 once it's granted can you go over for a visit to activate as you say but then not move over for a while? Is it just that you have to make 1st entry within 12 months. Reason I ask is my husband is itching to apply and just get the process done but we can't move until early 2017 but could go over before to activate if need be xx

Congratulations x Can I just ask with a 189 once it's granted can you go over for a visit to activate as you say but then not move over for a while? Is it just that you have to make 1st entry within 12 months. Reason I ask is my husband is itching to apply and just get the process done but we can't move until early 2017 but could go over before to activate if need be xx

You can get to the airport, pass through immigration , activate the visa and turn around and get back on the same plane if you wish to!

As long as you activate within 12 months of your Police checks or medical you have 5 years in which to make the move. You need to be a resident for 2 years I believe to apply for citizenship so you can travel in and out at will. Otherwise you need a Right to return visa. We have to activate before the end of May and have to be there by May 2020.

Visa granted this morning:wink:, good luck to those waiting. Just the house to sell now and maybe a trip in August to activate visa's and have a good look round.

Thats great news, congratulations.

We we lodged the day before you and I'm a carpenter so I'll be hoping to hear soon. Did you just get a direct grant with no contact before?

Thats great news, congratulations.

We we lodged the day before you and I'm a carpenter so I'll be hoping to hear soon. Did you just get a direct grant with no contact before?

We got an email on the last day of June saying they were full for the year, then we were granted today. In the comments on the tracker people have phoned immi to check everything was filled in correctly and have then received a grant 15 minutes later. Maybe worth a try!

We haven't got a case officer yet but I'm starting to worry that we haven't uploaded enough documents to prove my partner's employment. We have 70 points - only 5 of which are for skilled employment (at least 3 years but less than 5 years). All we've uploaded is an employment contract from one job in the UK (which he was at for 3 and a half years), and payslips from another one (which was a 6 month contract position). I'm wondering if we should try to get more documents together. His payslips were paper ones and he hasn't a notion where they could be...

I think I've been trying to stay calm but with May applications starting to see their grants I don't want anything holding us up and I'm getting worried!!