189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited just over two months for a request for additional information. If your application is complete and correct then I'd fully expect that you get a direct grant

Dera CaptainC! First off, congratulations! When are you moving to Australia and which city?

I lodged(i.e.paid fee) on 12th July. Got done with medicals and PCC by 31st July. Since my agent told to upload further proofs in my case since I'm self employed for the past 3 years, I will upload several documents which I thought weren't required like Salary slips of my employees, sample of email communication between me and my clients, sample invoices I've raised on my clients etc. by Monday. When can I expect a grant tentatively? Is it safe to assume one before 1st week of November?

Note that I know it takes usually 2-3 months for a grant, but in case of self employed cases, is there a longer delay?

Dera CaptainC! First off, congratulations! When are you moving to Australia and which city?

I lodged(i.e.paid fee) on 12th July. Got done with medicals and PCC by 31st July. Since my agent told to upload further proofs in my case since I'm self employed for the past 3 years, I will upload several documents which I thought weren't required like Salary slips of my employees, sample of email communication between me and my clients, sample invoices I've raised on my clients etc. by Monday. When can I expect a grant tentatively? Is it safe to assume one before 1st week of November?

Note that I know it takes usually 2-3 months for a grant, but in case of self employed cases, is there a longer delay?

Thanks.

I don't have any idea when I'll be going but I will be going to QLD.

Regarding your case it is absolutely impossible to say. If they do take longer over your processing, which is possible, then it may take longer to receive your visa.

Individual cases are unique and if they feel that they have to make extra checks then they will. I heard recently of 2 seemingly simple cases that needed 'routine' checks, those visa took in the region of 9 months to come through.

There's no evidence to say that self employed people face a longer wait than employed, but as long as you submit the right evidence and enough of it to satisfy the department, then that is all that matters.

It is never safe to assume that you will have a visa by a certain date, things can go wrong and you may not even get the visa so I would strongly advise against making any irreversible travel arrangements, if that is the intention of your question.

Thanks.

I don't have any idea when I'll be going but I will be going to QLD.

Regarding your case it is absolutely impossible to say. If they do take longer over your processing, which is possible, then it may take longer to receive your visa.

Individual cases are unique and if they feel that they have to make extra checks then they will. I heard recently of 2 seemingly simple cases that needed 'routine' checks, those visa took in the region of 9 months to come through.

There's no evidence to say that self employed people face a longer wait than employed, but as long as you submit the right evidence and enough of it to satisfy the department, then that is all that matters.

It is never safe to assume that you will have a visa by a certain date, things can go wrong and you may not even get the visa so I would strongly advise against making any irreversible travel arrangements, if that is the intention of your question.

I understand. Obviously, I shall not book the travel ticket before having the visa in hand. I've tried to submit a whole lot of data to satisfy that I'm actually doing business(which in fact I am and I haven't given a single false document or figure). Keeping my figures crossed.

Good luck for Brisbane(or are you going to any other part of Queensland?)! Do visit Cairns sometimes. I've found it and its outskirts beautiful on the internet at least! Am yet to visit any part of Australia so cannot comment.

Thanks, I used to live in Sydney and worked on ships in Australia and visited various cities and towns. My wife has family in Brisbane so it's a possibility.

I'm sure that if your application is complete and correct then you won't have any issues and will receive a quick grant. Don't worry about it too much. Patience is key. You only submitted in July so you may have a little while to go yet, or your grant may be just around the corner. It's a difficult wait, i know, but everyone is in the same boat. Good luck.

Am a june5 applicant. No grant yet but I can't help but notice that if you call you're more likely to get grant faster. I wonder why that is considering Dibp keep saying not to call until after a particular timeframe.

are any of the May applicants still waiting? @mickeyteg how is your application coming along?

Still waiting CaptainC, no updates yet. I've stopped calling them but did drop an email to GSM Adelaide on 18th Aug, haven't heard back yet.

When are you planning to move?

Hopefully you'll see some movement before too long.

No firm plans yet, just trying to sort a few things out, once that's done I will be off.

We were contacted in June for our PCCs... everything else was uploaded with our application. Then re-contacted again a week ago for additional info on work experience..... payslips, contracts, etc... submitted last week, and now playing the waiting game again! I hope this is it :) really is a test of patience since we started our skills assessment process exactly a year ago!

We were contacted in June for our PCCs... everything else was uploaded with our application. Then re-contacted again a week ago for additional info on work experience..... payslips, contracts, etc... submitted last week, and now playing the waiting game again! I hope this is it :) really is a test of patience since we started our skills assessment process exactly a year ago!

I hope it's enough for them this time.

It is a horrible wait, I had to jump through many hoops, including travelling to Australia for a special seafarers medical that could only be done there, and also while I was over there I had to sit an examination!

Fingers crossed for you

Do you have a self employment experience in your case? I have heard DIBP is taking a lot of care to ensure the self employed cases are genuine ones. Or have I asked you before regarding the same?

Do you have a self employment experience in your case? I have heard DIBP is taking a lot of care to ensure the self employed cases are genuine ones. Or have I asked you before regarding the same?

Not self employed. I think the same question was asked on the April thread... Still waiting ... :ssign8:

• 2 weeks later...