189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

Good to hear there's been some movement. What docs did you need CaptainC? Is it mandatory you have to go to the Aus High Commission in London? I'm in Cyprus with work and not back until October!

I was asked for a statutory declaration because I've been unable to get a PCC from Bermuda so they asked me to fill in a stat dec.

According to the attorney generals website you must have it certified by a person of professional standing who is Australian and is qualified in Australia.....or an Australian consular officer, hence the trip to Australia House. If there is an embassy or high commission in Cyprus then you may be able to get a stat dec done there. That's if you get asked of course. My situation is unique in the fact that I have never even been to Bermuda...I've only sailed on ships flying their flag.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received an email today to say all my documents were in order but now I have to wait for a waiver because I am unable to provide a Bermuda PCC. I have been advised to contact DIBP if I haven't heard anything back in a month. Sigh......

That is good, but wait is a pain!

I haven't got any response yet, I called-up last week and they said it is under verification. Not sure why it is taking so long... :(

I called up the GSM processing centre at 03:30am today, it took 52mins to be answered :SLEEP:

First I was told there were no updates, when I asked them for a bit more information I was told it had been assigned to Team 1, but there was no other information about whether it had been looked into by them yet.

Received an email today to say all my documents were in order but now I have to wait for a waiver because I am unable to provide a Bermuda PCC. I have been advised to contact DIBP if I haven't heard anything back in a month. Sigh......

bugger.......

Hi everyone ,

Chasing this forum from quite some time . good to find updates from all.

This is aarti , i had applied for visa 190 on 30 th april 2015 for canberra. CO was appointed on 21/05/2015 but till date recived no updates.

please guide how to proceed further .Bit worried:wacko:

That's good news Captain.

I think, we have uploaded everything now.

I'm assuming now if you didn't have an issue with yours then we won't with ours!

Got Medicals on Friday. Someone just had their visa granted in 5 weeks [emoji16]

Edited by CaptainC
Deleted external site reference

I think, we have uploaded everything now.

I'm assuming now if you didn't have an issue with yours then we won't with ours!

Got Medicals on Friday. Someone just had their visa granted in 5 weeks [emoji16]

That's good, I'm sure you'll have no issues.

Yes that happens to a few. I suppose it's just luck of the draw in a lot of cases.

Alan is an electrical project manager and finding something for him b4 we get there is proving difficult [emoji16]

Boots on the ground and door knocking is the way to go in Australia, pretty much what it was like in the U.K. before the Internet was invented. Getting you face known and networking is key, in my experience anyway.

Before I moved to Oz the first time I must have sent a hundred CV's out and applied for every related job that I could find, and got little or no response from anybody. It was only when I was working on a cruise ship operating in Australia that I started networking a bit more.

I've already been to Oz twice this year at my own expense to do a bit of the old door knocking and had an unpaid work trial with two employers.

I'm sure that something will come up soon enough, you just have to keep going at it.

Edited by CaptainC

We have had one reply but the job was too far south unfortunately

That's always going to be an issue when a job is far from where you'd like to live. Some people just take the (less than ideal) job for the added line on a cv and Aus work experience and then look for work closer to where they want to be as they have a better chance already being in country. Food for thought.