189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

Thanks for ur info CaptanC, I shot them an email with my PCCs straight away, but did not either upload or click the "Request Complete" button in my immi account, in case they need new ones. As the matter of fact, my Vietnamese PCC is quite old (from 2013) so I re-applied anyway, should be ready next week. And I tried to ring up GSM Adelaide but the waiting was frustratingly long...I probably will upload the new PCCs to immi account as soon as they are ready. Thanks again mate.

The old PCC will be the reason that they've asked again.

Glad you got it sorted.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, first time on here. Received an email overnight from the Adelaide office telling us that my ocuupation (Electrician general) is nearing it's limit for 2014-15 and that processing times will be longer than advised. They advise us to keep an eye on the immi site for news on our occupation.

Seems a bit strange seen as the new year starts tomorrow!!!

Hopefully this means we will be grated tomorrow and not taken of the list.

We applied on the 13th of May with all documents uploaded including Police checks and Medicals by the start of June.

Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, first time on here. Received an email overnight from the Adelaide office telling us that my ocuupation (Electrician general) is nearing it's limit for 2014-15 and that processing times will be longer than advised. They advise us to keep an eye on the immi site for news on our occupation.

Seems a bit strange seen as the new year starts tomorrow!!!

Hopefully this means we will be grated tomorrow and not taken of the list.

We applied on the 13th of May with all documents uploaded including Police checks and Medicals by the start of June.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome!

We have had Brisbane request more information today.

They have asked my partner to prove our relationship, They have requested copies of all work certificates (which I've already supplied)?, They have requested all work references to prove my self employed business (I've already supplied)? the last thing is my boys birth certificate which has gone in the container :(

We have had Brisbane request more information today.

They have asked my partner to prove our relationship, They have requested copies of all work certificates (which I've already supplied)?, They have requested all work references to prove my self employed business (I've already supplied)? the last thing is my boys birth certificate which has gone in the container :(

A copy of the birth certificate is fairly quick....mine took 2 days. Get in touch with the district that registered the birth and request one, (must be a full one, showing both parents names) you may also be able to request online and isn't expensive, (a tenner plus postage if I remember correctly).

For the other stuff maybe just upload (again) and then click the request completed button on immiaccount, or give them a call to tell them that it was already uploaded. (Personally, I'd go with the former)

Edited by CaptainC

I've requested a new birth certificate £38 which I will have on Thursday :)

I guess that was priority processing? It's a real rip off isn't it!?!

I think I was just lucky as I wasn't in a rush so just did standard but still arrived after 2 days (quoted time was 10 days). PCC quoted 2 days, got in back in 7! Swings and roundabouts.

Anybody had any news at all from DIBP? My application status remains the same 'Application Received' so I don't think that a case officer has looked at it yet.

Nothing yet! Not expecting anything for a week or two yet - they're probably focusing on the delayed grants I would imagine...?

Nothing yet! Not expecting anything for a week or two yet - they're probably focusing on the delayed grants I would imagine...?

Possibly, probably, definitely, maybe!!

There has already been several May grants already though, the latest one I know of lodged theirs on 16th May!

Possibly, probably, definitely, maybe!!

There has already been several May grants already though, the latest one I know of lodged theirs on 16th May!

Really??! That's amazing! I was trying to stay patient for the next few weeks but hearing that makes me feel like it could be nearing closer...

We lodged our application on 22nd May!

Really??! That's amazing! I was trying to stay patient for the next few weeks but hearing that makes me feel like it could be nearing closer...

We lodged our application on 22nd May!

I suppose I shouldn't have said anything (I wish I didn't know myself!) its going to be a long weekend!

I have loads of friends who have been waiting March & April and still nothing. Seems to be all Asian countries at the moment that are getting grants, if the visa tracker is anything to go by xx

Yes, you're probably right. But, to be fair the majority of applicants on the tracker are from Asian countries, there are hardly any Brits/Europeans on there so it distorts the figures somewhat and doesn't give a true representation.

Did you get the birth certificate yesterday?

Yes, it was only 30mins away so we drove to collect it, had all the paperwork signed and dropped it off at the migration company.

There is one piece of information they still need which is proving difficult and that is a self assessment tax form to prove I have paid into the system here. it takes hmrc 30-60mins to answer the phone and yesterday and today they said it would be faxed over but still nothing :(

Yes, it was only 30mins away so we drove to collect it, had all the paperwork signed and dropped it off at the migration company.

There is one piece of information they still need which is proving difficult and that is a self assessment tax form to prove I have paid into the system here. it takes hmrc 30-60mins to answer the phone and yesterday and today they said it would be faxed over but still nothing :(

Oh, I'm sorry, that sounds like a nightmare. HMRC are awful to try to get hold of. You might be able to set up a HMRC online account, it has details of all of your tax years on it....but if I remember rightly I think they send a password or username through the post anyway so might even take longer, so it might be just worth it to keep trying them.

Good news about the birth cert though, that's a tick in the box!!

Hi all x

After reading forums all day my husband and I have decided to lodge an EOI for a subclass 189 for him. I have a RRV subclass 155 and my sons are citizens so we will add our daughter on to the 189 application.

Looking at it I think the cost and speed of processing will be better than applying for a partner visa. Anyone have any advice on that?

The only thing concerning me is where it states 1st installment and 2nd installment but doesn't offer a 2nd installment price.

Could anyone advise me the average application time for 189 from lodging EOI, and also if Visa is granted how long do you have to enter australia after its issue?

Hi all x

After reading forums all day my husband and I have decided to lodge an EOI for a subclass 189 for him. I have a RRV subclass 155 and my sons are citizens so we will add our daughter on to the 189 application.

Looking at it I think the cost and speed of processing will be better than applying for a partner visa. Anyone have any advice on that?

The only thing concerning me is where it states 1st installment and 2nd installment but doesn't offer a 2nd installment price.

Could anyone advise me the average application time for 189 from lodging EOI, and also if Visa is granted how long do you have to enter australia after its issue?

You only need the second installment if he doesn't have good English.