189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lodged our application last Saturday 23rd May and currently in the process of uploading our documents. Just waiting for police checks from two of the countries we've lived in and have our medicals booked in for next Tuesday. Looks like it takes around a month and a half to get a case officer assigned. Good luck everyone!

Hi all. I lodged my application on 5 May and have done most of the douments upload. However, I still have the "no criminal record" by Hong Kong Police Office outstanding. The HK police office says I need to provide the address of the recipient, however I do not have that. I would like to ask if anyone have this experience or know the address of the proper recipient? Many thanks.

Hi all. I lodged my application on 5 May and have done most of the douments upload. However, I still have the "no criminal record" by Hong Kong Police Office outstanding. The HK police office says I need to provide the address of the recipient, however I do not have that. I would like to ask if anyone have this experience or know the address of the proper recipient? Many thanks.

I'm wondering if the recipient might be somebody that you have to designate to receive the clearance certificate. Do you have any friends or relatives in HK?

Lodged our application last Saturday 23rd May and currently in the process of uploading our documents. Just waiting for police checks from two of the countries we've lived in and have our medicals booked in for next Tuesday. Looks like it takes around a month and a half to get a case officer assigned. Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too!

Our meds are booked for 13th June and then that is everything complete.

It appears, as I've mentioned previously, that we (may applicants) are not likely to see any grants coming though until after 1st July.

Hi All

We have just pushed the EOI button on May 28th and wondered if anyone could offer some advice on how long it may take to get a offer to apply ? I have applied under the Accountant stream of a Visa 189 with 60 points... Anyone know of recent similar applications that could offer some insight. I think the waiting times for accountants may be longer than some others...

Thanks guys

Hi All

We have just pushed the EOI button on May 28th and wondered if anyone could offer some advice on how long it may take to get a offer to apply ? I have applied under the Accountant stream of a Visa 189 with 60 points... Anyone know of recent similar applications that could offer some insight. I think the waiting times for accountants may be longer than some others...

Thanks guys

Unfortunately the invitation ceiling for Accountants has already been reached, so you will not get an invite during this programme year.

There is good news though. The next programme year starts in around 5 weeks time (1st July).

Usually, with 60 points it would take at least 2 invitation rounds (held on a Friday every 2 weeks) to be invited.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that you'd most likely receive the invite in the first round of July.

Edited by CaptainC

Unfortunately the invitation ceiling for Accountants has already been reached, so you will not get an invite during this programme year.

There is good news though. The next programme year starts in around 5 weeks time (1st July).

Usually, with 60 points it would take at least 2 invitation rounds (held on a Friday every 2 weeks) to be invited.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that you'd most likely receive the invite in the first round of July.

Thanks for the feedback CaptainC...!!! that would be fantastic

From the April applicants thread......

"To all who are interested in knowing: I called up DIBP and asked if there was truth in the rumour going around that there will be no more grants till July 2015 because the quota for Skilled Migration visas has been filled up. He said clearly that it was true and that I had to be patient till the new financial year starts in July. He said they are still processing applications and that some people might receive a delay mail if the CO requires nothing else and for others the CO will ask for additional information. However, NO GRANTS will be issued until JULY 2015 forward. So let's all be patient and look forward to JULY. Its barely 30 days away. Countdown starts now!"

This is comment left in spread sheet.

We have to relax until July...

Good luck to you too!

Our meds are booked for 13th June and then that is everything complete.

It appears, as I've mentioned previously, that we (may applicants) are not likely to see any grants coming though until after 1st July.

Thanks CaptainC! We're currently in Australia on WHVs and desperately trying to get this through before my partner has to leave his job (due to the 6 month working restriction). Not holding our breath but at the same time still hoping for the best. From previous threads it looks like it takes around 6-8 weeks for people to get a case officer/grant anyway, so grants for May hopefully won't actually be held up at all since July would fall into this time frame.

It's an intense wait!

Captain C

Did you get any sense in what this would mean for EOI's in the new financial year ? I'm wondering if they will processes a bigger batch in July or whether the delay / build up will push things out a few months??

Captain C

Did you get any sense in what this would mean for EOI's in the new financial year ? I'm wondering if they will processes a bigger batch in July or whether the delay / build up will push things out a few months??

It won't have an impact on EOI's. The two aren't related.

They plan to issue a certain amount of visas in a programme year and this has been reached, so they have stopped issuing grants until the new programme year on 1st July.

DIBP are still processing visas but can't send final grant until after that date.

As for your situation (accountant, if I remember correctly), on 1st July the occupation ceilings will reset to zero and they will start to issue EOI's again. It will depend on how many other EOI's have been made whether it will delay you. It is unlikely that DIBP will issue a larger batch of invitations at the start of the year as they are allocated a certain number of invitations per year and will have to share them out equally.

The same principles for invitations will apply, 75+ points will receive invites first followed by 70 and 65, with the remaining places being taken by 60 points up until the invitation round quota, usually 1000-1250 per round. When allocating the 60 point invites, DIBP will issue based on EOI lodgement date. Hope this makes sense.

They plan to issue a certain amount of visas in a programme year and this has been reached, so they have stopped issuing grants until the new programme year on 1st July.

That's wrong.

The occupation ceiling is for the number of invites sent out, NOT for the number of grants.

If you've already been invited this year (July to June) then your visa application will be processed as normal.

That's wrong.

The occupation ceiling is for the number of invites sent out, NOT for the number of grants.

If you've already been invited this year (July to June) then your visa application will be processed as normal.

Oops, didn't read the bit on previous page about phonecall to DIBP.

It won't have an impact on EOI's. The two aren't related.

DIBP are still processing visas but can't send final grant until after that date.

As for your situation (accountant, if I remember correctly), on 1st July the occupation ceilings will reset to zero and they will start to issue EOI's again. It will depend on how many other EOI's have been made whether it will delay you. It is unlikely that DIBP will issue a larger batch of invitations at the start of the year as they are allocated a certain number of invitations per year and will have to share them out equally.

The same principles for invitations will apply, 75+ points will receive invites first followed by 70 and 65, with the remaining places being taken by 60 points up until the invitation round quota, usually 1000-1250 per round. When allocating the 60 point invites, DIBP will issue based on EOI lodgement date. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Cap....

Thanks CaptainC! We're currently in Australia on WHVs and desperately trying to get this through before my partner has to leave his job (due to the 6 month working restriction). Not holding our breath but at the same time still hoping for the best. From previous threads it looks like it takes around 6-8 weeks for people to get a case officer/grant anyway, so grants for May hopefully won't actually be held up at all since July would fall into this time frame.

It's an intense wait!

Yes, this cessation of visa grants in this programme year most likely won't affect any of us May applicants. The April applicants will be hit hardest I expect.

Yes, this cessation of visa grants in this programme year most likely won't affect any of us May applicants. The April applicants will be hit hardest I expect.

Surely April applicants will be further up the queue? I applied at end of February, BTW. Had my medicals a couple of weeks ago, which have been cleared, so I'm waiting for the next contact from DIBP.