189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called the Spire Medical centre and asked about the upload, they said it's just being finalised. Also, I logged into the emedical client page and all of our forms are complete except for the medical examination which says incomplete. Hopefully my call will just encourage them to do a bit more mouse clicking!

They aim for next day unofficially but their official line is 5 days. We went in on a weekend so the blood tests didn't get processed until yesterday. She told me that the blood samples and x-rays were fine over the phone, so I suppose that's one less thing to worry about!

Where abouts in the UK are you applying from? We did ours with Bupa.

Just another quick one about Form 80 - is it meant to be filled out by everyone on the application or just the actual applicant? (I.e. I'm de facto on my partner's. I've finally finished filling it in but now I'm not even sure whether or not it's needed...)

Where abouts in the UK are you applying from? We did ours with Bupa.

Just another quick one about Form 80 - is it meant to be filled out by everyone on the application or just the actual applicant? (I.e. I'm de facto on my partner's. I've finally finished filling it in but now I'm not even sure whether or not it's needed...)

We are applying from the North west. The spire medical centre was only 45 mins away and was handy because I didn't have to take my son out of school because the appointment was on a Saturday.

I filled in form 80 only for myself so far, I tick two of the boxes in the character section as I have served overseas in the military and am also weapons trained.

Didn't bother to do form 80 for my wife as she is a Kiwi and has full rights to live and work in Australia purely based on her NZ citizenship so I took a calculated risk not to do one for her. However, we've made a start on hers now just in case they ask for it because she's got residency in the UK. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult for her travel history as 4 years of holidays are the same as mine.....thank heavens for cut and paste!!

We are applying from the North west. The spire medical centre was only 45 mins away and was handy because I didn't have to take my son out of school because the appointment was on a Saturday.

I filled in form 80 only for myself so far, I tick two of the boxes in the character section as I have served overseas in the military and am also weapons trained.

Didn't bother to do form 80 for my wife as she is a Kiwi and has full rights to live and work in Australia purely based on her NZ citizenship so I took a calculated risk not to do one for her. However, we've made a start on hers now just in case they ask for it because she's got residency in the UK. Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult for her travel history as 4 years of holidays are the same as mine.....thank heavens for cut and paste!!

Same with my partner, holidayed and travelled together for the past 4 years and doesn't have too much before that. Could you not have gotten NZ citizenship yourself? We were in Auckland and Wellington for a month in November. What a beautiful place, but damn cold!

I'm from Manchester myself :)

Same with my partner, holidayed and travelled together for the past 4 years and doesn't have too much before that. Could you not have gotten NZ citizenship yourself? We were in Auckland and Wellington for a month in November. What a beautiful place, but damn cold!

I'm from Manchester myself :)

Yes, I can get Australian residency very easily if I go through her. Strangely, it's even faster and easier (1 form and 1 month processing time) than if she was an Aussie! However, it's only temporary residency and there's no opportunity to move onto permanent residency from it. I suppose that I could get NZ residency and then onto citizenship, but it's not the way we want to go because it would take an awful long time to go down that road and even after several years it would still only lead to temp residency for Aus.

Wife isn't really interested in living in NZ at the moment, as a lot of her family is resident in Aus and has been for a number of years but it's easy enough to go to live in NZ if we ever decide to do that.

I'm half Scouse/Lancs and live in Liverpool, on the waterfront, in the city. Our closest medical centre was the Spire in Manchester (Whalley Range, I think). Only a quick drive down the M62.

Yes, I can get Australian residency very easily if I go through her. Strangely, it's even faster and easier (1 form and 1 month processing time) than if she was an Aussie! However, it's only temporary residency and there's no opportunity to move onto permanent residency from it. I suppose that I could get NZ residency and then onto citizenship, but it's not the way we want to go because it would take an awful long time to go down that road and even after several years it would still only lead to temp residency for Aus.

Wife isn't really interested in living in NZ at the moment, as a lot of her family is resident in Aus and has been for a number of years but it's easy enough to go to live in NZ if we ever decide to do that.

I'm half Scouse/Lancs and live in Liverpool, on the waterfront, in the city. Our closest medical centre was the Spire in Manchester (Whalley Range, I think). Only a quick drive down the M62.

I suppose it is a lot of messing if ultimately you know that Aus is where you want to be! We originally tried to get work in NZ but there wasn't anything about which is how we ended up here. Not that I'm not happy that it worked out for us the way that it did, but it does seem a lot easier to get residency in NZ from most angles...

I love Liverpool's nightlife. I definitely miss the nightlife of Manchester, too, being out here. Perth is pretty quiet!

I suppose it is a lot of messing if ultimately you know that Aus is where you want to be! We originally tried to get work in NZ but there wasn't anything about which is how we ended up here. Not that I'm not happy that it worked out for us the way that it did, but it does seem a lot easier to get residency in NZ from most angles...

I love Liverpool's nightlife. I definitely miss the nightlife of Manchester, too, being out here. Perth is pretty quiet!

My clubbing days are over (mostly) my wife still loves it!

I find that Australia has more of a daytime culture than at night. When I lived there I think I only went out two or three times at night in the whole time....and that was Sydney!

I enjoy going to fortitude valley in Brisbane though. We had a drydock for my ship in Brisbane and we were out almost every night!

Nowadays I much prefer drinking schooners in the sunshine!

My clubbing days are over (mostly) my wife still loves it!

I find that Australia has more of a daytime culture than at night. When I lived there I think I only went out two or three times at night in the whole time....and that was Sydney!

I enjoy going to fortitude valley in Brisbane though. We had a drydock for my ship in Brisbane and we were out almost every night!

Nowadays I much prefer drinking schooners in the sunshine!

To be honest we're the same. What I meant was that I miss the nice bars and restaurants. There isn't a whole heap going on here...unless we're visiting the wrong places! I like the sweep of cocktail, rum and theme bars that have sprung up around the place back home, like the Alchemist and Revolution de Cuba (which I think is Alma de Cuba in Liverpool), and I miss my favourite living ventures restaurants (Blackhouse, Gusto, Olive etc). We've heard that Melbourne has a great scene for us as foodies so we might think about looking at getting work there since we have no ties anywhere yet.

I've only ever visited Brisbane for a few days back in my backpacker days doing the East Coast...

Now I do love a party at Alma de Cuba!!

Gusto is a few minutes walk from me. I went there a few weeks back with my wife and a few people from her work.

I loved the foodie and cafe scene in Melbourne, it's one of the places I'd love to end up eventually

Gusto is a few minutes walk from me. I went there a few weeks back with my wife and a few people from her work.

I loved the foodie and cafe scene in Melbourne, it's one of the places I'd love to end up eventually

Are you a dining club member? Gusto tastes even more delicious when it's 40% off!!

Lol, I'm usually at Heebie Jeebies and Aloha, same lane. Alma de cuba too sometimes.

I really miss the nightlife in Liverpool to be honest. Melbourne doesn't quite measure up to the charm of concert square. Just go to as many places as you want for the night, bouncers aren't dicks (not as much as Melbourne) and when everything closes go to Bumper which is open till like 3-4, when that closes there is my favorite chippie right next to bumper on hardman street where I didn't even have to speak out my order anymore, lol. When is Australia getting chips with curry sauce?

Lol, I'm usually at Heebie Jeebies and Aloha, same lane. Alma de cuba too sometimes.

I really miss the nightlife in Liverpool to be honest. Melbourne doesn't quite measure up to the charm of concert square. Just go to as many places as you want for the night, bouncers aren't dicks (not as much as Melbourne) and when everything closes go to Bumper which is open till like 3-4, when that closes there is my favorite chippie right next to bumper on hardman street where I didn't even have to speak out my order anymore, lol. When is Australia getting chips with curry sauce?

Sounds like the last night I had out, slater street, Heebies and then onto Bumper. I went to the kebab shop opposite, and then onto the other one next door before waiting forever for Delta to turn up!

Just noticed 2 silly mistakes in my visa application. No idea how it happened but I could have sworn I did it correctly.

However, I filled in form 1023 (Notification of incorrect answers) so I hope that it will all be ok.

Wasn't a terrible mistake that would affect points etc but just goes to show that no matter how careful you are mistakes can still happen!

Hey guys, I submitted 189 on May 8th and CO contacted me requesting for Police Certificates on June 22nd. The thing is I front loaded my police certificates (Australian Police Check and a local one) with my application already, so I am bit confused why they requested again. I replied to the email straight away with my docs and then applied new certs again just in case. Anybody else on the same boat?

Hey guys, I submitted 189 on May 8th and CO contacted me requesting for Police Certificates on June 22nd. The thing is I front loaded my police certificates (Australian Police Check and a local one) with my application already, so I am bit confused why they requested again. I replied to the email straight away with my docs and then applied new certs again just in case. Anybody else on the same boat?

Sometimes it just happens that they request a document that you've already provided, I've read plenty of posts in the same situation and it's nothing to worry about normally.

I don't think it's necessary to get new PCC's unless they are approaching a year old.

If in doubt, just give the CO a call and explain that you've uploaded them again.

Sometimes it just happens that they request a document that you've already provided, I've read plenty of posts in the same situation and it's nothing to worry about normally.

I don't think it's necessary to get new PCC's unless they are approaching a year old.

If in doubt, just give the CO a call and explain that you've uploaded them again.

Thanks for ur info CaptanC, I shot them an email with my PCCs straight away, but did not either upload or click the "Request Complete" button in my immi account, in case they need new ones. As the matter of fact, my Vietnamese PCC is quite old (from 2013) so I re-applied anyway, should be ready next week. And I tried to ring up GSM Adelaide but the waiting was frustratingly long...I probably will upload the new PCCs to immi account as soon as they are ready. Thanks again mate.