189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

Surely April applicants will be further up the queue? I applied at end of February, BTW. Had my medicals a couple of weeks ago, which have been cleared, so I'm waiting for the next contact from DIBP.

Yes, you're right.

What I meant was, that April applicants would normally start seeing grants in June, but now they will have to wait until July. May applicants wouldn't feel as affected because they wouldn't start seeing grants come through until July anyway.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching the April 189 applicants page and there's a fair few contacts from CO's coming through, it seems most of them from 17th April and earlier have had some form of contact either from CO's or have received the delay email.

Thanks for keeping us updated CaptainC. No update from my end as of now... just waiting...!!!

Medical today, fingers crossed we're all healthy!!

Well, that was a breeze.

We were the only people there. Three of us done in just less than an hour. The eMedical account was being updated for each stage as we were in there. They said that the bloods would be done on Monday and if ok then it will all be submitted that day.

So, hopefully that will be the last item that is needed by DIBP.

Now the real wait starts....

I've got our 3 on Wednesday and also waiting. I have a funny feeling the backlog is going to take a while to clear

im currently sitting in a shity flat waiting to get on the plane as soon as possible. If I'm not on the plane by the 15th August we won't be going this year :(

I've got our 3 on Wednesday and also waiting. I have a funny feeling the backlog is going to take a while to clear

im currently sitting in a shity flat waiting to get on the plane as soon as possible. If I'm not on the plane by the 15th August we won't be going this year :(

That may be the case, but if so I don't think it will be a huge backlog, as they are still processing visas as normal. The only thing that they are stopping short of is issuing the grant.

I'm sure that all will be ok for you. Don't worry :-)

I'm not sure how I find out. I was first contacted by email on 23rd April, asking for said medicals and police certs. I take it that's the date a CO is assigned?

I would say it probably is. Does the email say it's from either Brisbane or Adelaide GSM team?

Another way may be to check your immiaccount.

I expect your delay is because you only completed the meds in mid May.

I'd try to give them a call and just let them know that your application is completed and ask if you need to do anything else. It may be that your call would cause them to open up your case and make a decision there and then. It has worked for others in the past, some getting a grant within hours of the call. Just a thought.

Edited by CaptainC

I would say it probably is. Does the email say it's from either Brisbane or Adelaide GSM team?

Another way may be to check your immiaccount.

I expect your delay is because you only completed the meds in mid May.

I'd try to give them a call and just let them know that your application is completed and ask if you need to do anything else. It may be that your call would cause them to open up your case and make a decision there and then. It has worked for others in the past, some getting a grant within hours of the call. Just a thought.

Brisbane. And i've been checking my Immiaccount 15 times per day :P

I've clicked the "request complete" button. Cheers for the tip though; might just fire (another) email off to them to let them know, then ring if I don't hear anything over the next couple of weeks.

Brisbane. And i've been checking my Immiaccount 15 times per day :P

I've clicked the "request complete" button. Cheers for the tip though; might just fire (another) email off to them to let them know, then ring if I don't hear anything over the next couple of weeks.

Then yes, that's your CO.

Edited by CaptainC

Then yes, that's your CO.

Hi CaptainC ... Current status of my 189 application is Assessment in progress (Since 10th May).... however I received an email from Adelaide GSM asking for vaccination card which I have already submitted. Could you kindly let me know what Adelaide GSM refers to

Edited by CaptainC

Hi CaptainC ... Current status of my 189 application is Assessment in progress (Since 10th May).... however I received an email from Adelaide GSM asking for vaccination card which I have already submitted. Could you kindly let me know what Adelaide GSM refers to

Best to email for clarification. If you've already submitted what you think it is then either they've not yet received it, got lost in the system, or it's the wrong document.

Edited by CaptainC

Best to email for clarification. If you've already submitted what you think it is then either they've not yet received it, got lost in the system, or it's the wrong document.

I believe they would have received it as I got an auto reply from the same email address of Adelaide GSM. What i wanted to ask you is what is Adelaide GSM and if you know any contact number for them?

Edited by CaptainC

Interesting news just posted on DIBP website. Industrial action commencing today until 26th June 2015 which may affect visa processing.

Article here: http://www.newsroom.immi.gov.au/releases/60879986-528a-4cfe-bbe4-16b879795994

Protected industrial action will commence today, and will continue intermittently until Friday, 26 June 2015. During this period, airports, client service centres, ports, container examination facilities and visa processes may be affected.

The protected industrial action is being undertaken by Community and Public Sector Union members employed with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS).

The Immigration and Border Protection Portfolio is working with partner agencies, airport owners and airlines to minimise impact on the travelling public and on cargo and mail operations. The Portfolio is also ensuring appropriate contingencies are in place for visa and citizenship services.

ACBPS Deputy CEO Border Operations, Michael Outram, said the Portfolio has arrangements in place to protect Australia's borders and minimise the impact on business operations.

"While there will be some delays in services, we anticipate that contingency measures in place will keep interruptions to a minimum. The Portfolio regrets any inconvenience this industrial action may cause the public and industry," Mr Outram said.

"During protected industrial action, the health and safety of our people and the protection of the border continue to be our priority."

Passengers may be impacted at international airports from Tuesday, 16 June 2015. Regular updates about protected industrial action will be published on Portfolio websites (http://www.customs.gov.au and http://www.immi.gov.au) and official Facebook pages.

"The Portfolio has negotiated with bargaining representatives to develop a proposed enterprise agreement that provides the best possible outcome for the combined workforce in a challenging operational and fiscal environment," Mr Outram said.

"The proposed enterprise agreement has been circulated to employees, and will be put to a vote as soon as the approvals required under the under the Australian Government Public Sector Workplace Bargaining Policy have been secured."

Airports affected are:

A couple of new grants today, seems everything is still progressing.

I noticed today that the first of the delay emails are coming through for May applicants. I suspect that we will start to see some movement fairly soon, although it is only 2 weeks until the start of the new programme year.

Edited by CaptainC
Grammar