189 visa lodged May 2015

Doe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't got a case officer yet but I'm starting to worry that we haven't uploaded enough documents to prove my partner's employment. We have 70 points - only 5 of which are for skilled employment (at least 3 years but less than 5 years). All we've uploaded is an employment contract from one job in the UK (which he was at for 3 and a half years), and payslips from another one (which was a 6 month contract position). I'm wondering if we should try to get more documents together. His payslips were paper ones and he hasn't a notion where they could be...

I think I've been trying to stay calm but with May applications starting to see their grants I don't want anything holding us up and I'm getting worried!!

Don't worry. A whole heap of people never get a CO, and just get a direct grant if their application is simple.

I applied a week before you and I mine isn't allocated yet... you aren't alone!

Direct grant! :) After all of advises of withdrawing my application and stuff.... So happy right now! Lodged 4th of May.

Congratulations, Well done!

I read your other posts and on face value I think you are lucky. Others should look at your case as an exception rather than a rule.

Don't worry. A whole heap of people never get a CO, and just get a direct grant if their application is simple.

I applied a week before you and I mine isn't allocated yet... you aren't alone!

CaptainC the reality is finally kicking in and I think I'm joining the forum obsession haha!

I'm not worried about not having a CO yet - I'm worried that when we do get one they'll ask for a ton of documents that we haven't thought of... It just all seems to take quite a bit longer to get UK documents sorted from over here, and I'm pretty sure my parents will have a fit if I ask them to wade through any more of my paperwork to find things!

Congratulations, Well done!

I read your other posts and on face value I think you are lucky. Others should look at your case as an exception rather than a rule.

You might be right. I browsed many forums looking for similar cases than mine and found some grants, some rejections and many withdrawals... I decided to give a call to the DIBP in the UK and they advised me to stick on with my application and write a cover letter explaining my situation and attach it to the application. I guess that did the trick and saved me some $$$$$.

You might be right. I browsed many forums looking for similar cases than mine and found some grants, some rejections and many withdrawals... I decided to give a call to the DIBP in the UK and they advised me to stick on with my application and write a cover letter explaining my situation and attach it to the application. I guess that did the trick and saved me some $$$$$.

That's good news! Congratulations

CaptainC the reality is finally kicking in and I think I'm joining the forum obsession haha!

I'm not worried about not having a CO yet - I'm worried that when we do get one they'll ask for a ton of documents that we haven't thought of... It just all seems to take quite a bit longer to get UK documents sorted from over here, and I'm pretty sure my parents will have a fit if I ask them to wade through any more of my paperwork to find things!

I'm sure that if you've included everything from the document checklist and also have most of the things on the upload page then you'll be fine!

VISA GRANTED TODAY!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :jiggy:

Congratulations. You lodged the same day as us. Did you have any contact before your grant? What was your application status saying leading up to it? Ours still says application received and we've still had no contact. Hating the waiting :mad:

I'm sure that if you've included everything from the document checklist and also have most of the things on the upload page then you'll be fine!

Fingers crossed!! I Think I'm just starting to get flustered because it seems to be getting closer...it was much easier to put to the back of my mind when I thought we'd have months to wait...!

Fingers crossed!! I Think I'm just starting to get flustered because it seems to be getting closer...it was much easier to put to the back of my mind when I thought we'd have months to wait...!

I agree.

It's strange because time seems to slow down, doesn't stop me ageing though! If anything I'm ageing faster!

Congratulations. You lodged the same day as us. Did you have any contact before your grant? What was your application status saying leading up to it? Ours still says application received and we've still had no contact. Hating the waiting :mad:

Hi,

We were allocated a CO on June 30th, but never heard anything from them.......our status just said Application Received literally right up until the point it was granted. The waiting sucks, but hopefully your wait is nearly over :)

:mad: Our c/o is asking for information that they've already got in our application as far as we are concerned. Our agent has emailed them but they don't seem to rush their reply. More waiting :mad:

Edited by Doe

As I hadn't heard anything yet, I got impatient and called the GSM Processing Centre (number on the footer of the initial acknowledgement letter) for an update on Sunday night... After waiting in the call queue for 30mins I got through to be told "There are no updates, not assigned to a CO yet and can take unto 3 months etc..."

I applied 5th May and completed the Meds & PCC in June, so guess I just need to hurry up and wait.

I never did get an email reply from my CO, if you have queries your best calling them.

I might try try calling them tonight. Don't want to mess things up though by being over eager. Especially as we have an agent.

Ok, I'll admit it......I'm starting to break a little bit now with the wait. I'm so tempted to call now but I think I might just be able to hold off a bit longer. I've said to myself that if I don't hear anything by close of business on Friday then I will call first thing on Monday. Don't really want to but the wait is doing my head in now, plus I'd like to book another trip (third this year!) over to Aus when my son is on his school hols, and can't really commit to a flight booking until that visa is in my hand.