189 visa lodged April 2015

Star447

Can anybody tell me where the cheapest medicals can be found?

For us, the most important thing was distance from home. Differences in price did not really cover the hassle of additional travel time. If you really want to compare prices, every place that we checked via links from immi site was very transparent about pricing, so just do some online research.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ozmaniac,

Thanks for your explanations, once again!

It's nice to get a clearer picture of the whole process, beyond my own personal case.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Occupation ceilings are the maximum number of visas that can be granted to people in those occupations to ensure that, unlike in some earlier years, a disproportionate number of visas are not granted to particular occupations. They have nothing to do with 'planned figures' or the demand for workers in each occupation group. The overall number of 189 visas that are available is set in the Federal Budget each year and once that number is reached, no more visas can be granted until the next Program Year. Occupation ceilings and the overall number of available visas are not related.

My CO's been in touch! I received the email less than an hour ago. They are only requesting my PCCs. I have UK PCC ready to go but have had to wait for them to request a HK PCC before being able to able for it.

Of course though, you have to submit your application to HK Police in person......and I've popped back to the UK for a few days.

Edited by KingPrawn

Wow, King Prawn!

That's excellent news! I applied on the same date as you. I'm hoping to hear from them this week...

Otherwise, I still have a back up plan.

Thanks for sharing!

My CO's been in touch! I received the email less than an hour ago. They are only requesting my PCCs. I have UK PCC ready to go but have had to wait for them to request a HK PCC before being able to able for it.

Of course though, you have to submit your application to HK Police in person......and I've popped back to the UK for a few days.

Hey guys!

Hoping some of you will be able to answer a question that I have regarding uploading documents. I am at the process of uploading mine ( 189 lodged & paid for 24th May) not sure if should be uploading coloured originals or certified copies?? So much conflicting info out there not sure what to do??

Any help would be much appreciated.

This is weird. I applied on 10th April with 60 points, uploading everything upfront.

I haven't heard from a CO yet, and my application status shows "processing" on immiaccount.

Does the DIAC allocate applications with the most points first, or is it just that I have a CO but haven't heard from him/her?

Any thoughts on this, please?

Cheers.

WOW :)

Someone from 14th of April got CO.

It looks like things moved recently for April applications :jiggy:

I think that it may be as per team location, Brisbane or Adelaide or specific CO.

I have read somewhere that most of them are part time so it is likely the reason why dates are not in sequence.

For example they have 5 CO's working in different days and each of them got some applications.

Just guessing....

I am impatient as well, now even more than week ago...

This is weird. I applied on 10th April with 60 points, uploading everything upfront.

I haven't heard from a CO yet, and my application status shows "processing" on immiaccount.

Does the DIAC allocate applications with the most points first, or is it just that I have a CO but haven't heard from him/her?

Any thoughts on this, please?

Cheers.

The parting of the money is what makes it so stressful - none of us want to make an expensive error. Luckily the Migration Officers seems to be really helpful.

Best of luck! Perhaps you can let us know when you get the result so we have an idea of processing time? :)

Caz

Hi Friends,

Finally, I have got a CO assigned yesterday to my 189 visa application. CO has requested for Medicals and Form 80. Booked a slot for Medicals for Friday. Not sure if I can get my grant in June month itself.

Hi Guys,

Is there anybody who have got case officer assigned ? I have applied on April 14th, and still my application status is showing as "Application received".

ACS Skill assessment : 11/04/2014 || PTE exam result : 26/01/2015 || EOI Submitted: 17/02/2015 || Invitation : 27/02/2015 || PCC : 20/02/2015 || Visa lodge : 14/04/2015 || CO : 26/05/2015 || Grant : ????

Edited by drn

It is quite random as to how they process, but I think most are done within a week's timescales. I applied on the 15th so am hoping to either get a request from a CO (hoping this is not the case) or the delay email.

I am hoping that the delay email means that under normal circumstances that would be the visa grant and the delay email means everything is present and accurate and come the 1st of July we will get that lovely visa!

Yes, it is the money involved and the pressure of time for some of us which makes it a bit worrying.

Although I will still have a substantive visa if I am denied the 189 PR, being part of the workforce and having to wait for a stamp to proceed with my normal routine is the stress point, I guess.

The parting of the money is what makes it so stressful - none of us want to make an expensive error. Luckily the Migration Officers seems to be really helpful.

Best of luck! Perhaps you can let us know when you get the result so we have an idea of processing time? :)

Caz