What are main reasons for returning to uk?

Mazza227

Yes definitely horses for courses here. We lived in Tassie for a while- I couldn't stand it, felt totally trapped even though my head told me it was the most beautiful place I had ever lived as regards scenery. The day we returned to Melbourne I had a big, big smile on my face. Felt similar when I visited the UK- it was kind of pressing in on me in a different way, low skies, greyness etc etc. Maybe we all have a particular 'place' to call home?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why the weather is always such a dominant feature. For me if I was to return to UK it would be the nearness of things, one place not up to scratch.. move on to the next. Ability to travel in the age with the ease of means of choice. (train, coach, ferry or indeed plane) A certain age air travel may not be possible. The English sea side in spring/summer is marvellous. The long drawn out evenings/nights. Most of all the choice on hand.

Family support (yep, admitted we need it after having our Son) and better work/life balance.

More specifically, child support for me.

Which is difficult, and far from ideal if both parents need to work, and there are no family to help, ever. Can only see it working if one of the parents has a high paying job, (ie the mines), and the other can stay home with the kids.

More specifically, child support for me.

Which is difficult, and far from ideal if both parents need to work, and there are no family to help, ever. Can only see it working if one of the parents has a high paying job, (ie the mines), and the other can stay home with the kids.

Yes, my husband and I both work shifts and even though I work reduced hours it's still hard work. When we get back to UK I'll be working same amount of hours but over less days as we have Grandparents to help with drop offs and pick ups etc.

Multiple reasons for me, but I just decided one day I couldn't live here (Melbourne) anymore. Luckily I have an amazing (Australian) wife, who's always wanted to live overseas so once she'd mentally come to terms with it it was decided. Now we're 150 odd days till we move to London, and neither one of us can wait!!!