Handsome Richard

Hi All

I hope someone can offer some assistance and guidance?

I have been offered the opportunity to take over an established franchise in South Australia, which I would like to do however I am not so sure how to actually get over there and start running the business.

I don't have the wealth for a business visa, I am too old for a working holiday Visa, and whilst my occupation is on the CSOL I don't have the relivant degree qualification, and if I am honest I never will have.

So, if I take on the franchise can I technically sponsor myself? I intend on going over again in September this year to get things rolling.

I know this probably sits in the 'too difficult' box but your assistance would be appreciated.

I have so far spoken to 2 migration agents and had very different advice.

Thanks all

Hi All

I hope someone can offer some assistance and guidance?

I have been offered the opportunity to take over an established franchise in South Australia, which I would like to do however I am not so sure how to actually get over there and start running the business.

I don't have the wealth for a business visa, I am too old for a working holiday Visa, and whilst my occupation is on the CSOL I don't have the relivant degree qualification, and if I am honest I never will have.

So, if I take on the franchise can I technically sponsor myself? I intend on going over again in September this year to get things rolling.

I know this probably sits in the 'too difficult' box but your assistance would be appreciated.

I have so far spoken to 2 migration agents and had very different advice.

Thanks all

You cannot sponsor yourself, but you can be sponsored for a subclass 457 visa by an eligible entity in which you have an ownership interest. This is sometimes referred to as 'self sponsorship'. This process is quite difficult and is fraught with pitfalls. Were the agents you consulted Registered Migration Agents? If they were not, may I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent.

Hi Richard.

Yours is a situation requiring a consideration of a number of factors, including:

> Your CV (in what areas is your work experience)?

> The business proposal

> The nominated occupation for the proposed 457 visa

> Business structure (you'll probably need an Australian Pty Limited or a family trust to be set up)

In other words it involves a consideration of business/tax planning as well as visa strategy.

Feel able to send a PM or an email to me (and other recommended advisors) if you'd like to explore this - click on my name to the left of this post.

Best regards.