4 bed house perth £267,000

KIRK AND CO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends what year too. The dollar has gone between 2.5 and 1.5.

So could be anywhere between 670k and 400k

Though if it's recent its likely quite cheap

Edited by Guest

Its very reasonable for Perth, a bargain to be honest as you wouldn't get anything close to that price in suburbs fairly near the CBD or around the Freo area where I am but by the same token it's a helluva lot of money in sterling and I really do empathise with people migrating these days. Not all of us are old enough to have made shed loads on the UK property market that was and starting over again in Perth is pretty daunting...

Its very reasonable for Perth, a bargain to be honest as you wouldn't get anything close to that price in suburbs fairly near the CBD or around the Freo area where I am but by the same token it's a helluva lot of money in sterling and I really do empathise with people migrating these days. Not all of us are old enough to have made shed loads on the UK property market that was and starting over again in Perth is pretty daunting...

It's in Butler I believe so outer suburbs.

It's relative to earnings though

It stated it was $480k at the time of airing. For Perth prices and with a relatively large garden I thought under $500k was good. It did need minor redecorating but it was perfectly fine to live in.

I suppose though, these things do look different on TV. Hope I don't get a shock when I am there!

Well as migrants we all adapt, and we all manage to find our own little bit of OZ to call our own, I'm certainly very happy with mine but I was empathising with people contemplating migration, it's a bit of a shock when you see pretty regular houses with price tags above $1 mil but again it's relative to wages!

Well as migrants we all adapt, and we all manage to find our own little bit of OZ to call our own, I'm certainly very happy with mine but I was empathising with people contemplating migration, it's a bit of a shock when you see pretty regular houses with price tags above $1 mil but again it's relative to wages!

Yeah I know what you mean Jessie but it's not like housing is cheap in the UK either. It depends where you are, if you compare major cities in UK to the CBD the price of housing is way more affordable in certain areas, no different here. You pay for location. Or peoples idea of desirability.

I guess coming and wanting to buy immediately still with the mentality of converting to pounds or with a deposit (in pounds) it will 'seem' more expensive than it actually is...housing costs what it costs and you pay what you're prepared to pay...like with food and cars etc, one mans gravy beef is anothers fillet steak. Depends on your expectations and aspirations.

One of the Doctors at work was banging on about his 'bargain' block he bought in Cottesloe for 1.6 million; me...I can't get my head around that when I think what 1.6 million would buy in another area...but to people who already live there or in similar areas, with similar incomes...it's a bargain!!!

That's so expensive to me. Where I live you can get a really nice house for 100k and you can get plenty other good houses for cheaper than that too. Not that I'll ever be in a position to buy anytime soon! I remember when me and Dave were trying to move I liked having a nosey at the really posh houses online lol

That's so expensive to me. Where I live you can get a really nice house for 100k and you can get plenty other good houses for cheaper than that too. Not that I'll ever be in a position to buy anytime soon! I remember when me and Dave were trying to move I liked having a nosey at the really posh houses online lol

Not that different from us though. Stacey we left with £10,000 in total for 2 adults and 2 kids. It was scary beyond belief , but we'did it because we wanted to.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

happy heart!! I totally agree with you! We had to rent our Uk home initially because of the GFC when we came here, eventually 3 years later we sold it for $75k less than we bought it, just luckily we owed slightly less on the mortgage so coming here really felt like starting again and at 43 years old you don't want to take on a mega mortgage!!! I know what you mean about the Cottesloe block, it's crazy money and I really couldn't get my head round it, I bet it's not a big block too!!! i do agree about location, for us it's about how much of a commute hubby will do, also I do think it's about where you start, we rented round here and kind of fell in love and built up a bit of a friendship circle and just got used to the area so when it came to buy we didn't look at what we could get in other areas we just looked at what we could afford in the area we had fallen in love with and is in life it involved compromises!! one good thing about the GFC is that if we had come here with the cash up front for a deposit we would have made a big mistake, we needed to get over the honeymoon period get the rose tints off and get real, luckily we had no choice!!