Partner VISA 309/100

Tulip

Hello everyone! Long time, no see.

I've been sent my alert that my permanent partner visa will soon be taken into consideration, as it will soon be two years since I've lodged. I'm currently on the temp visa 309, this one will be for the 100. However I can't get a straight answer on what I need to gather and submit online? So far I know I need to have; two form 888 from two Aussie citizens/pr that know us, and their ID (do I need to get a JP to verify ID copies? Does it matter if they are husband's parents that do the forms?), one stat dec from sponsor hubby saying we are still together, a police check, and our ID. Underneath those things it said that I needed to scan and upload document proof of our claims. I don't understand what that means at all! Anyone else under-going that could shed light on it?

I don't know if the 2nd stage 100 visa is the same as the onshore 801?

My daughter recently lodged hers, onshore 801 in Dec., and needed at least 10 photos taken since the 820 was issued(just over a year ago) including her + partner with others in each photo! places and people named and dated, this seems a fairly new requirement.

Details of bills, joint accounts, + details of work over the last 2 years, police clearance.

Love this one, they sent proof that they had both paid half for their new bed!!!

hope this helps.

Hi Tulip, the case officer needs to be satisfied that your relationship is continuing. They would have requested which documents to submit, mainly new or supporting relationship evidence that has occurred after you have lodged your 309 visa application. It is not mentioned in the Migration Regulations that documentary evidence needs to be certified but on the Department of Immigration website, they have asked for online document original uploads to be certified - see http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/checklists/309-100.aspx . Some people have gotten away with uploading a colour scan of their documents but it depends on the case officer. Rather than hold up the decision making process, I would upload certified copies in the first instance.

Hi Tulip, I received my request for further info just before Christmas for the 100. I have included in my evidence utility bill in joint names, statement of joint bank account and copy of my partner's will. I am finding it difficult to collate evidence as my partner was in Australia 4 years before my visa was issued and he had set up home including utility bills, etc.

It's the same as 309 visa, you have to provide evidence of genuine & continuing relationship along with Form 888 x 2, Statutory Declaration by you & husband (if online then only your declaration is required), Police Certificate, provide Certified ID copy both you & husband.

Check this link for info: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/

Aussie Girl Bay

Edited by aussiegirlbay

This should be of some help to you. Here's the checklist: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/_pdf/info-permanent-partner-visa.pdf

Here's where you start the process of applying online: https://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/

You'll need to provide what you've described, plus your own statement, photos of the two of you together with other people, and evidence that you still have a combined household and shared finances (bank statements, mail to the same address, etc.) It used to be much simpler, but they're requiring more evidence for second-stage visas recently as there was just too much fraud (people swearing they were still together who had actually broken up).

Hello everyone! Long time, no see.

I've been sent my alert that my permanent partner visa will soon be taken into consideration, as it will soon be two years since I've lodged. I'm currently on the temp visa 309, this one will be for the 100. However I can't get a straight answer on what I need to gather and submit online? So far I know I need to have; two form 888 from two Aussie citizens/pr that know us, and their ID (do I need to get a JP to verify ID copies? Does it matter if they are husband's parents that do the forms?), one stat dec from sponsor hubby saying we are still together, a police check, and our ID. Underneath those things it said that I needed to scan and upload document proof of our claims. I don't understand what that means at all! Anyone else under-going that could shed light on it?

So they have left it pretty much up to you what info you provide to prove the 'relationship is ongoing'?

Reason for asking is that my husband and I have a relationship that involves a lot of time apart, for his job mainly,which takes him wrldwide for weeks at a time - similar to FIFO but further afield. We are really going to strggle with photos as we so rarely get together with friends, yet we have a mountain of financial and domestic links documented! Plenty of info, it just may not be what they ask for, so if there is plenty of discretion I might stop panickng so much!! Basic ID stuff and stat decs are no problem its the rest.....!

Edited by Nemesis