How often do you visit back to uk?

jimmyay1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What you describe here Melza is how it used to be for us, but we now tell people back home what our itinerary is so generally they have to conform to our criteria. We nearly always have other holidays tagged on/in to our UK trip, with some being spontaneous but more on the where the when is already logged in, they all have plenty of notice of our plans so they can join in if they wish.

PS Melza we will be in Wiltshire next May/June for #1 son's wedding so hope the weather is good then.

I wish it were that simple hon but my family would get pretty grumpy with us if we did our own thing,spesh whilst staying with them.Wiltshire is a great place,but mind you I have a biased opinion as I was born here lol Where abouts does your son live (roughly)?

Yes, I was on this site 3.5 years before I left for Australia and never posted once, 6 months after landing I started to post because I was am stil am unhappy here, I have a date when I'm going home and bet my life as soon as I've dropped back into UK life I'll be gone. I just think you have to move on and not beat the drum how Good it is... Who you trying to convince.....?

I guess for me, it's the opposite.

I posted a lot before I arrived and was on here every day. Now, I pop in once a week to see if I can help anyone out or just to watch the banter.

I'm very happy here and if I can help out others, then great!

As as for visiting the UK, I've been back once in almost 18 months and that was because my mum had a heart attack. She's ok now thankfully and is currently staying here in Aus for a couple of months.

I wish it were that simple hon but my family would get pretty grumpy with us if we did our own thing,spesh whilst staying with them.Wiltshire is a great place,but mind you I have a biased opinion as I was born here lol Where abouts does your son live (roughly)?

It's not that we don't spend time with them Melza, the closest of ones that is, it's just that we will inform them of what we would be doing and when and also what we would like to do/go with them. The thing is they fully understand and accept this, they all know we cannot give exclusiveness to any one. We tend to stay with #1 son and his family (grandkids) in Calne area, then with my parents up in Leeds.

We have family and friends in Trowbridge, Frome, Calne, Hungerford and Chippenham.

that was a fun read! Punch and Judy aint got nothing on this place.

Thanks guys.

Getting more like BE every day...............

Not as bad. We don't have that "meat market" thread or some other not so nice ones

Haven't seen 'meat market' but I can imagine. Poms at their worst over there

I can understand when people have a reason that they have to stay like a Australian partner etc but I don't understand why some people stay for no reason.

Well, I'm quite content in Aus, but no happier here than in the UK - some things here are better, some worse. Moving back is very expensive and hard work - many just can't afford it or face it. Me, I'm quite happy to stay here for a good few years. I've visited the UK once in the 5 years we've been here, but no plans to visit again. Any family and friends are generally free to visit - but amazing how few are willing to do so.

Well, I'm quite content in Aus, but no happier here than in the UK - some things here are better, some worse. Moving back is very expensive and hard work - many just can't afford it or face it. Me, I'm quite happy to stay here for a good few years. I've visited the UK once in the 5 years we've been here, but no plans to visit again. Any family and friends are generally free to visit - but amazing how few are willing to do so.

Poms don't like leaving their town let alone County. A trip over here is beyond comprehension to most

Archived