How often do you visit back to uk?

jimmyay1

Maybe the girls are not man enough to play the global sport that is AFL ..?

60 countries play Aussie rules including Blighty. More research son........

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe there's better places to visit..???

I think Oz is a fantastic place for a holiday, but when viewed from the UK there are a lot more places with excellent beaches/great scenery/interesting cities that are cheaper, and more accessible from the UK. Although we all wanted to come here many (including my family) are not remotely interested in what Oz has to offer - and although I find it hurtful as I'd love to see my sisters, they prefer Florida/Barbados/Antigua/European holidays to coming over here even if the accommodation is free! :sad:

How many countrys is it played professionaly. ..??

That doesn't differentiate between a girls game and a men's game. You're right though, your kind shouldn't be here

I think Oz is a fantastic place for a holiday, but when viewed from the UK there are a lot more places with excellent beaches/great scenery/interesting cities that are cheaper, and more accessible from the UK. Although we all wanted to come here many (including my family) are not remotely interested in what Oz has to offer - and although I find it hurtful as I'd love to see my sisters, they prefer Florida/Barbados/Antigua/European holidays to coming over here even if the accommodation is free! :sad:

Where are you?

Missing out SE Queensland way better than Florida!

Poms don't like leaving their town let alone County. A trip over here is beyond comprehension to most

Actually Australians seem to be far more insular, most seems to only go overseas to Bali... You seem to have a rather unpleasantly aggressive attitude to the UK for some reason - not sure why.

Actually Australians seem to be far more insular, most seems to only go overseas to Bali... You seem to have a rather unpleasantly aggressive attitude to the UK for some reason - not sure why.

Some go to Bali, most go a lot further. Do some research before

posting boy!

Stephen, are you always like this? Right now you seem a bit like the guy in the pub that has had too much to drink and spends his night roaring abuse at everyone that walks past... A few people will challenge you and then realise it is not worth the time or the effort!

Guest Guest66881

Been asked to go back next year for my 50th birthday, But i want to go to Japan been promising myself for years i would get there.

Also i promised the kids a Disney trip sometime next year too, not a problem other than i hate flying.

OP - not unless I really have to. One wedding, that was it. Must take a trip with wife to Europe though - Germany in particular, and Italy/Spain - I believe she is interested in ogling latin males. No idea what she is on about. I am after the German beer.

Guest Guest66881
OP - not unless I really have to. One wedding, that was it. Must take a trip with wife to Europe though - Germany in particular, and Italy/Spain - I believe she is interested in ogling latin males. No idea what she is on about. I am after the German beer.

:wink:

Me too! My brother and his family are Norfolk Broads/Pembrokeshire Coast type holiday makers. My sister and BIL are Normandy/Brittany type holiday makers.

Even my sister's kids who have now all gone through the post Uni gap year stage have chosen SE Asia, S America and Eastern Europe over us.

There's a free home here plus free guided tours if they ever feel like visiting! :cry:

It used to be a Medieval thing and maybe later that people rarely went beyond the boundaries of their own village.

I spent most of my 12 years in England within the boundaries of The New Forest, and most of my life here within the boundaries of Sydney.

I'm writing this from the Domestic Terminal at Mascot, not going anywhere, just trying to get myself into idea that I COULD go somewhere. (I've just had final session of the year with my psychologist in which we discussed my anxiety about leaving home.)

Are some of you indulging in those pointless arguments about who is better or worse about "X?" This terminal as with International is packed with people coming and going, as it is across the globe. If Aussies or Pommies travelled less then surely the planes in one direction would be flying empty?

Why do people go back to the UK (or go to OZ from UK?) Because they can. Because they must. Because They want to. Or in some cases DON'T want to but circumstances require it. Some people practically "commute" for whatever reason.

Stephen, are you always like this? Right now you seem a bit like the guy in the pub that has had too much to drink and spends his night roaring abuse at everyone that walks past... A few people will challenge you and then realise it is not worth the time or the effort!

Don't drink. Gotta Keep pomny bullshitters honest

Archived