PR visa label

leesh95

Hi guys.

We got our PR last Friday. Due to certain reasons I want to get a PR visa label on my passport. I was wondering how this is done. Another important question is that if I get my passport stamped; would the date stamped show the day we got our PR or the date our passport was stamped?

You get a sticker showing the same details as your grant letter, probably through the consulate. We got ours from the consulate in Dubai and it's been useful, particularly when I flew out of East Timor last month, they certainly weren't connected to any system.

Also all the banks, Medicare, driving license people etc seem to want to see an actual visa.

I think the label is worth it, although at $150 a go, it is starting to get marginal. The sticker will not extend a visa or restrict it, it is just a print out of your visa and its conditions as stored on the database - including an expiry date that is worded as something along the lines of "must not enter after xx/yy/zzzz". When you enter Australia, you get a stamp in your passport that is dated on the date you enter. Yes, at midnight, the dates on the stamps do all get changed. Australia no longer does exit stamps - that stopped a couple of years ago - and I expect the entry stamps will disappear quite soon.

• 1 month later...

As mentioned it will have the information from the grant. You can also get free info from the VEVO system on the DIBP website. You can print out or direct the email to another recipient. Others can also access the site if they have the particulars of the grant. Best thing is it saves you $150 per label.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/vevo/vevo-overview.aspx

Hi guys.

We got our PR last Friday. Due to certain reasons I want to get a PR visa label on my passport. I was wondering how this is done. Another important question is that if I get my passport stamped; would the date stamped show the day we got our PR or the date our passport was stamped?

Edited by FlashP5sub175

As mentioned it will have the information from the grant. You can also get free info from the VEVO system on the DIBP website. You can print out or direct the email to another recipient. Others can also access the site if they have the particulars of the grant. Best thing is it saves you $150 per label.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/vevo/vevo-overview.aspx

vevo is not always correct (far from it) and a number of employers will ask to see the label.

Does this mean that you don't normally have to send off your passport somewhere when applying for the visa then? (If they don't stick any label in it...)

What's the benefit of having a label? Presumably you would have some letter or something you could show in transit if required? Although you would presumably only need the visa for entering Aus anyway?

You do not need to send off your passport if you are not getting a label. You do get a letter that is computer generated and would be easy to forge. You get asked for proof of your visa a surprising amount - when looking for credit; opening bank accounts; getting a job; signing up with Medicare. Once you've been here a while, you find people stop asking. I guess there's something about you when you first arrive that screams "new fish" and makes people want to see the visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I filled up the form 1405 and sent it to Australia House along with mine and my wife's passport. I also attached the visa grant letter and a covering letter. I called Australia House to confirm if i could put my UK debit card details on the form and they said yes. Sent it out on a monday through trackable Royal mail along with a prepaid self addressed envelope(trackable), cost me £12 (approx in total) and received them back on saturday the same week. £163 got debited from my account for both passport labels.

Address :

Australia House,

Visa Evidencing Unit,

Migration Branch,

Strand, London

WC2B 4LA

Hope it helps.

Edited by jgodinho