189 Visa Lodged October 2014

Bradley1986

Congrats Nursebucko!!!

All the best.

I got an email from CO yesterday, she asked for FORM-80. Will submit by this week.

I was just about to go to bed......and ping went my email and there it was direct grant!!!!! Over the moon!!!! 10 years we have waited for this!!!! So, so happy!! Now I have to go to bed as I have to get up in 5 hours and do a 12 hour shift and not tell anyone!! How hard will that be now!!! Arghh!!

Good luck everyone hope yours comes soon xx

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Nursebucko! It's worth the wait!

May I know what's the change u see at ImmiAccount? Status? Correspondence?

For those who was requested additional doc from CO, how do you response to them?

I uploaded the docs in ImmiAccount and reply to the same email I received from CO. Just wondering if I did it right.

Thanks Nursebucko!!

I emailed my CO FORM-80 and within 2 hours I received that Golden Email!!! My visa was granted!!! It just took 8 weeks, 1 day!

Good luck all!!!

Thanks all!

Ashlie - argh the dreaded form 80! Hope you get your grant soon!

Albatrose - I haven't logged into my immi account, every time I did it just said in progress.

I just got an email from them last night attaching my visa grant! X hope yours comes through soon

Edited by Ashlie

Anyone been put out of there misery yet ?!?!?

We applied on 12th October and the wait is soooooooooo hard, I'm desperate to know! We did hear from a CO last Tuesday to ask for a certified copy of one child's birth certificate and proof of hubby's business/self employed, they also asked for proof of employment for our son, he is 12! We emailed them to say this and husband uploaded the rest the same day..........Still waiting........................................

Hi,

we applied for our 489 visa on 30/10/14 we did medicals last week and police checks all back and uploaded.

Now the waiting game but getting impatient.

How do you know when you get a case officer? Do the email you or is it on account?

exciting!! Xx

Anyone been put out of there misery yet ?!?!?

We applied on 12th October and the wait is soooooooooo hard, I'm desperate to know! We did hear from a CO last Tuesday to ask for a certified copy of one child's birth certificate and proof of hubby's business/self employed, they also asked for proof of employment for our son, he is 12! We emailed them to say this and husband uploaded the rest the same day..........Still waiting........................................

Me too uploaded all docs and emailed them last Tues, still waiting for their response...

Shona got hers the next day. Could it be our email got lost somewhere; system maintenance etc.

I'm thinking to call, but don't know the number. Does anyone tried calling before?

@Shona, congrats!

Hi,

we applied for our 489 visa on 30/10/14 we did medicals last week and police checks all back and uploaded.

Now the waiting game but getting impatient.

How do you know when you get a case officer? Do the email you or is it on account?

exciting!! Xx

I got an email requesting for additional docs. Status on account doesn't change for me.

Some of us don't even get contacted by CO, they got direct grant!

Sorry, I have been following this thread and I had a query, thought it would be best to check with you guys... What police checks do I require? I know there are a few types in the UK??

Congratulations to all those getting visas, I cant believe its only taking around 2 months!

Sorry, I have been following this thread and I had a query, thought it would be best to check with you guys... What police checks do I require? I know there are a few types in the UK??

Congratulations to all those getting visas, I cant believe its only taking around 2 months!

@jac2011 If you google UK Police Check Australia Immigration ACPO, you should find what you are looking for.

CO requested for payslips 2011-2012 and marriage cert translation. Evrything in place, just waiting for Marriage cert translation from NAATI. Hope to get visa grant before the Department go for year end holiday!

Congratz to all have been granted visa!

hello,

firstly, Congrats on ur grant. may i know from which country r u from? i have a query regarding translating marriage certificate. whats the procedure to get the translation from NAATI? TIA.

Regards,

rain

Hi, I only joined the other day but this morning received my email.

Direct grant!!!

submitted visa on 30/10/14.

Cant believe it.

Goodluck guys. X

Congrats!!

Are you able to detail a little more info on your visa application, eg occupation, medical and pcc upload dates, co allocation team etc?

My husband is an electrician so we did the vetassess route first.

We did our medicals 18th November and sent off for the police checks. The medicals were uploaded two days after and police checks came back last week. I uploaded them and just waited to hear from co but didn't hear anything till this morning when we received an email stating visa had been granted.

All gone very quick.

My husband is an electrician so we did the vetassess route first.

We did our medicals 18th November and sent off for the police checks. The medicals were uploaded two days after and police checks came back last week. I uploaded them and just waited to hear from co but didn't hear anything till this morning when we received an email stating visa had been granted.

All gone very quick.

That's great. Very quick!

I applied 5 days after you, really hoping to hear back this year ... fingers crossed.

hello,

firstly, Congrats on ur grant. may i know from which country r u from? i have a query regarding translating marriage certificate. whats the procedure to get the translation from NAATI? TIA.

Regards,

rain

Hi Rain,

Thanks! I'm from Malaysia :) If you are not in Australia, you don't have to get NAATI for translation. But in my case, I got a good deal from a NAATI translator to translate my document. Other professional services in my country charge much higher! :( I got the NAATI contact from NAATI official website.

Here's from IMMI site:

"A translator in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.

A translator outside Australia does not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters has more information."

Hi Rain,

Thanks! I'm from Malaysia :) If you are not in Australia, you don't have to get NAATI for translation. But in my case, I got a good deal from a NAATI translator to translate my document. Other professional services in my country charge much higher! :( I got the NAATI contact from NAATI official website.

Here's from IMMI site:

"A translator in Australia must be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters.

A translator outside Australia does not need to be accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated.

The National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters has more information."

Dear albatross,

thanks a lot for ur reply

-rain