189 Visa Lodged October 2014

Bradley1986

Hi guys

I noticed on the tracker that there wasn't much activity today so maybe the Department has finished up for Christmas? Hoping not as I lodged on the 30th Oct so I'm not too far away

Hi. According to the website they are open? But I agree no activity on the tracker today unless people haven't updated yet?! I'm still waiting too, at least Christmas is here to keep us distracted. I'm up throughout the night stalking my phone for the golden email! Ha! Good luck

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I still haven't received my police certificate, have been waiting for more than 12 working days. I was given 28 days to upload all documents. I have emailed my CO asking for an extension. Do they normally give an extension ?? Now very worried .. My deadline is 31st Dec.

Edited by wats2014

For some reason I still haven't received my police certificate, have been waiting for more than 12 working days. I was given 28 days to upload all documents. I have emailed my CO asking for an extension. Do they normally give an extension ?? Now very worried .. My deadline is 31st Dec.

Hi, I know what you are going through. I sent my police checks away on the 2nd Dec and got them back on the 23rd Dec. I emailed them to chase them up, it took them 16 days to process my application, not the 10 as stated!

i would send them a polite email to ask if your application has been processed, that way you will have a clearer indication of when you are expected to receive the certificate. Then contact your CO and ask for an extension (if needed).

definately a nail biting scenario!!

good luck

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone organised their medicals upfront before lodging their visa or wait until medical was requested by Department of Immigration and received HAP ID from them?

I have got a HAP ID through my health declarations, but not organised an appointment for the medical yet, not sure if this is the correct thing to do??

Thanks

Claire

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone organised their medicals upfront before lodging their visa or wait until medical was requested by Department of Immigration and received HAP ID from them?

I have got a HAP ID through my health declarations, but not organised an appointment for the medical yet, not sure if this is the correct thing to do??

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire, many applicants are completing medicals and Police checks upfront and getting direct grants. My family and I completed our medicals upfront but waited for our Police checks to be requested from our CO. I wish we done our Police checks upfront because it took 23 days in total from filling in the application to getting the certificate. You only get 28 days to provide the requested information to your CO.

Paul

Thanks Inneedofsun, do you know if you can lodge visa and have medicals pre-booked? I don't want to mess things up and make delays. I will send off for Police checks in the new year as I don't want it getting lost in the post with the bank holidays.

Claire

Hi Claire,

once I lodged and paid for my visa application I got a HAP ID. I booked my medical as soon as I got the ID. I needed to provide this to the hospital when booking the medical. This is what links the medical and results to your visa application. The hospital upload the results for you and for me it took 7 days.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
We have just received a emailing granting us our 189 visa, in shock!!!

applied on the 12th October and was referred for our Medicals and asked for proof of business accounts! We got in!!!!!!

Hi Gerrads

Congratulations on the visa. :wink:

Can i ask why were your medicals referred and also when did you do your medicals. I lodged my application on the 30th September and I know my medical will have been referred. Unfortunately my agent has heard nothing as yet for DIAC. Unsure whether I have a case officer ? Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guys,

Just received the magic email. Direct grant, delighted! Applied & uploaded everything on 30th October.

Looks like they're getting back into their rhythm after the holidays.

All the best to anyone still waiting!

Congratulations!!

Guest Guest100417
Hi all,

I have just lodged tonight!! yay!! Finally, it has taken us a while, as waiting for docs but finally got there. I have front loaded all my docs, just need to arrange PCC and medicals now.

I just have a few questions, as I am abit nervous as we have done this ourselves.

1) I have just colour scanned all my docs, uncertified...im really hoping this is ok. As I have heard this is ok??

2) When going through the medical questionnaire, it asks if you have any mental health problems...I am on citalopram for low mood/mild depression...would that constitute as a mental health problem?? I guess it would so I need to declare yes?

3) Does my husband as second applicant need to prove his english ability other than passport?

Hope anyone can help with these??

Looking forward to hearing guys when we fingers crossed get these grants!! I cant believe i am finally at this point!! So exciting but nerve wracking!!

Hi, your depression and being on a mood stabilising drug will need to be declared and shouldn't hold you back unless you will cost Australia money for treatment and care. It's a common problem and your prescription won't cost a great deal over there. Just so you know, I'm a mental health nurse and this may be harder to come off than some other medication like our first line treatment Sertraline. You'll be fine!!

Tom

Guest Guest100417
Guys,

Just received the magic email. Direct grant, delighted! Applied & uploaded everything on 30th October.

Looks like they're getting back into their rhythm after the holidays.

All the best to anyone still waiting!

Great stuff!! Hopefully I get mine too. I applied at the start of October though

Guest Guest100417

189 granted this morning!!! No referral for medicals despite being type 1 diabetic since 7 years old (25 years!)

good things come to those who wait....

imagejpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Hope its ok to hijack your thread - sorry! I'm from the December lodge gang, just wondered did anyone who has grants by any chance just oploade colour copies or originals and not certified documents??

We've just oploaded colour copies of originals, should I have had them certified?

thanks in advance xx

Hope its ok to hijack your thread - sorry! I'm from the December lodge gang, just wondered did anyone who has grants by any chance just oploade colour copies or originals and not certified documents??

We've just oploaded colour copies of originals, should I have had them certified?

thanks in advance xx

Color copies are fine... Just make sure you upload certified ones only if it's a translated copy..

Hope it helps

Yep, me too just uploaded colour copies of original, and it was fine.

@All,

Mind to share when you guys are planning to make the move and to where?

I am not planning the big move yet, but will come to Perth this May just for Visa validation. My first entry is due Nov 2015.

Thinking to get a job first before the big move....any thoughts?

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted. Wondered if anyone is in the same situation as me. Unfortunately still waiting for our visa grant when I followed up recently I was told my application was under going external checks by other agencies which can take a considerable length of time... up to at least 12 months!!

Has anyone else received this response and do you have any advice or ideas of timelines. I am due to get married in July and ideally would like the visa grant before then so we can start planning the move and the rest of our lives together in Australia.

Thanks guys!

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Very happy to say, we got our grant this morning. Could not be more happy! But one quick question if anyone is still on this thread. We've been given our entry date but our visas and medical will have expired by this date, is this correct? As I have previously heard that you have to have valid police checks and medicals when you enter the country?

Thanks,